Rams and Saints have two elite quarterbacks having pedestrian games so far

keysersoze

Reaction score
Good afternoon Cowboys Nation. I am currently in California watching the Saints vs Rams NFC Championship Game. And guess what I’m witnessing here? Two ELITE QUARTERBACKS having pedestrian games so far, with dink and dunk stats. Wide open receivers being missed badly as well. The biggest plays have been mostly due to Yards After Catch. Not the Bombs Away Quarterbacking that you all claim to be the norm for these upper echelon quarterbacks you so rave about. Can someone please tell me what gives? Am I mistaken here or what? I thought this type of play was exclusive to Dak? Maybe it’s more common than people wanna admit it is huh?
Just my observation. Lol

Eanwen

Reaction score
Even with home field and a better defensive effort, it's an open question whether Brees will put up more points than Dak.

In any case I think it's more about a larger sample size than one game. From the games I've seen (admittedly very few) I don't think Goff is that much better than Dak. Dak played well with Cooper at wr, let's see what he can do with both Gallup and Cooper practicing with him for a whole TC (and maybe a Kelce type at TE).

Flamma

Reaction score
Not to nitpick because I agree with you. But there is only one elite QB playing. But as far as what's happening I credit the defenses. Both are under rated and may not have played well consistently throughout the year, but are stepping up in the playoffs. It does not surprise me that this isn't a shootout.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Even with home field and a better defensive effort, it's an open question whether Brees will put up more points than Dak.

In any case I think it's more about a larger sample size than one game. From the games I've seen (admittedly very few) I don't think Goff is that much better than Dak. Dak played well with Cooper at wr, let's see what he can do with both Gallup and Cooper practicing with him for a whole TC (and maybe a Kelce type at TE).
Great point!!! Thank you

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Cowboys Nation. I am currently in California watching the Saints vs Rams NFC Championship Game. And guess what I’m witnessing here? Two ELITE QUARTERBACKS having pedestrian games so far, with dink and dunk stats. Wide open receivers being missed badly as well. The biggest plays have been mostly due to Yards After Catch. Not the Bombs Away Quarterbacking that you all claim to be the norm for these upper echelon quarterbacks you so rave about. Can someone please tell me what gives? Am I mistaken here or what? I thought this type of play was exclusive to Dak? Maybe it’s more common than people wanna admit it is huh?
Just my observation. Lol
Lol!!! Salud!

keysersoze

Reaction score
Not to nitpick because I agree with you. But there is only one elite QB playing. But as far as what's happening I credit the defenses. Both are under rated and may not have played well consistently throughout the year, but are stepping up in the playoffs. It does not surprise me that this isn't a shootout.
Both Defensive Backfields are suspect tho. It’s just not good quarterback play today. On either side

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I see what you are doing here, but nothing will change the mind of Dak haters. He can throw for 455 yards and three TD's like he did vs. the Eagles; but if he fumbled at midfield on a second quarter sack, he's a bum that needs to be cut.

The bottom line for Dak Prescott is his bottom line- he's 32-16 as a starter. Call Dak anything you want, just don't forget to call him a winner.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Just my observation. Lol
I open this thread up, after bree just threw an amazing pass that I wish Dak could throw.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I see what you are doing here, but nothing will change the mind of Dak haters. He can throw for 455 yards and three TD's like he did vs. the Eagles; but if he fumbled at midfield on a second quarter sack, he's a bum that needs to be cut.

The bottom line for Dak Prescott is his bottom line- he's 32-16 as a starter. Call Dak anything you want, just don't forget to call him a winner.
:hammer: