CFZ Rams are not a good matchup for Dallas

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

But I think the story will be their defense. Another 3-4 defense….ugh.
Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We give so much credit to this pass rush, and as you're saying IF WE DON'T, there's so many times where qb's have a lot of time to do what they want, or our pass rushers make it easy for them to run around. The WR's they have pose a huge problem, i'm looking hard at #21 to see how he plays against them. Kupp in the slot may cause huge problems!!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Eh, we just beat a better team on the road and have had 2 weeks to prepare.
I don’t see where the Chargers are better than the Rams. Justin Herbert isn’t having a good year and doesn’t have near the weapons that Matt Stafford has. The Rams have two outstanding receivers. Plus they still having Aaron Donald on defense. By the way we lost to a far worse Arizona team on the road and the Cowboys haven’t been great after bye weeks. They have a tendency to come back flat.

The Natural

Reaction score
Kenny Pickett actually looked like a competent QB against those dudes. I don’t want to hear the excuses, every week without fail someone is trying to make an opponent out to be a bogeyman. They are a 3-4 football team and we are home off a bye, we should kick their arses up and down the field.

tomokawan

Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.
If you are scared, buy a dog. Not worried about the Rams.

Loso86

Reaction score

Um ok

Reaction score

If Stafford has time they'll have a field day running drags and crossing routes. A lot of these games will come down to how the officials call the OL holding. Having a great pass rush doesn't help if the other team can hold with impunity.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t see where the Chargers are better than the Rams. Justin Herbert isn’t having a good year and doesn’t have near the weapons that Matt Stafford has. The Rams have two outstanding receivers. Plus they still having Aaron Donald on defense. By the way we lost to a far worse Arizona team on the road and the Cowboys haven’t been great after bye weeks. They have a tendency to come back flat.
Yep

plymkr

Reaction score
Dallas curb stomps them, the Rams aren’t good this season.
Yeah, I’m not to worried about this game. I feel we win big if we don’t beat ourselves. I don’t think the Rams have the talent to beat us and they’re not playing all that great right now. I’m thinking 28-10 with us being in control the whole time.

CWR

Reaction score
I mean, he could flip this logic on you and say the losses mean nothing either.

People will just believe what they want to I suppose.

I get what you're saying, but I think his point is styles make fights.

As the niners have shown us there are some styles we are worse at than others. Of course the niners are super talented but their talent doesn't outweigh ours to the point of the beat down we received.

CCBoy

Reaction score
"It's about protecting your home turf. If you want to be successful in this league, you gotta be able to protect your home field." - Brandin Cooks

The Cowboys are now 8-0 in their last 8 home games from 2022.

A win here, and they are then 5-2. Just one game behind the Eagles but tied with the remainder of leaders now, in the NFL.

The next 4 games are:

Philadelphia
Giants
Carolina
Washington

That well could be 3 more wins, which correlates to 8-3. Think they have a strong chance to make it to 12 wins then? I do!