CFZ Rams are not a good matchup for Dallas

Rayman70

Reaction score
Puka Nacua . That guy will have a HUGE game. He goes off almost every week, no matter the team. Hate it, but we might get beat in this game. Not sure we have the dBs to cover he and Kupp. Higbe scares me as well. This defense must start fast and play smart, sound. We need to eliminate the flags.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Rams present a dangerous matchup for sure. This is where coaching and preparation can decide a nail biter vs us winning convincingly vs an average team.
If we can minimize the damage by the Rams receivers, get to Stafford all game, we will win a very tight game. If we don't, we get beat via a blowout. We have a very small margin of error. We aren't good enough to win making mistakes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Puka Nacua . That guy will have a HUGE game. He goes off almost every week, no matter the team. Hate it, but we might get beat in this game. Not sure we have the dBs to cover he and Kupp. Higbe scares me as well. This defense must start fast and play smart, sound. We need to eliminate the flags.
Flags hurt all plans as well as momentums...so do interceptions and fumbles. Keep it clean and the Cowboys will walk away with a smile.

Einstein

Reaction score
Plus we haven't beaten an NFC West team yet, so there is that...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

But I think the story will be their defense. Another 3-4 defense….ugh.
Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.
Cowboys seriously messed up getting rid of Connor Williams. Connor Williams was good blocking Aaron Donald. We're feeling the effects on the Oline today.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
When you're a great team you don't worry about who's a bad matchup for you, you just go out and stomp that team. We're not a great team.

Jipper

Reaction score
We're going to destroy them....it's the Dallas way..
The hype will be amazing then we will get blown out against the eagles

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Rams vs SF - lost 30-23
Rams vs Eagles - lost 23-14

Rams beat Cardinals 26-9
Rams beat Seattle 30-13

I‘m sure the Cowboys are taking the Rams more seriously than some fans are. Beating the Rams will be a good win. Losing to the Rams will mean we have a lot of growth needed as the season goes along just to be in the playoff conversation.
I don't see why fans think this way about overlooking teams, it makes me laugh every time, then to see us play bad really makes it funny. Like these are professional teams, they're not just going to ROLL over because they're playing dallas, if anything they're going to play us with all they have!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Cowboys seriously messed up getting rid of Connor Williams. Connor Williams was good blocking Aaron Donald. We're feeling the effects on the Oline today.
Yep, it’s funny that Williams and McGovern are now valued starters On their new OL’s. McGovern was quoted about how the Buffalo OL coaches are the best he’s ever had going all the way back to college. He talks about daily comments like your punch is too low and should be at the V of the jersey, instead of ”just block your man.” He loves that they jump set regularly, attacking the DL instead of sitting back and waiting to absorb the blow.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep, it’s funny that Williams and McGovern are now valued starters On their new OL’s. McGovern was quoted about how the Buffalo OL coaches are the best he’s ever had going all the way back to college. He talks about daily comments like your punch is too low and should be at the V of the jersey, instead of ”just block your man.” He loves that they jump set regularly, attacking the DL instead of sitting back and waiting to absorb the blow.
All of the above is what I've been saying this Oline lacks in Dallas......BIG TIME......and more! Hell, I could coach this whole Oline group up. For decades, Jerry has made terrible decisions hiring Oline coaches who don't know how to shape the linemen into much better blockers. This constant PASSIVE way of blocking has done nothing but turn the Oline into a bunch of wusses!

Aven8

Reaction score
0-2 against the NFC West so far. Got dominated in both games. Let’s change that trend.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.
now what?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
alf-well-dont-we-feel-foolish.gif

coult44

Reaction score

Still dislike the matchup? There’s a big reason they pay guys to analyze games.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
This thread was out of left field. In most cases, even for outlandish posts, you could see where the OP was coming from. I still don’t see it.