CFZ Rams are not a good matchup for Dallas

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
a QB who can get hot if no pressure.
Which is true for most any quarterback, including our own much maligned Dak.

Witness the Tampa playoff game, Cowboys kept a clean pocket and Dak was near perfect.

Heard a stat just the other day about (if memory serves) Hurts, or maybe it was Tua, who had little pressure in the games they won big early this year, then when pressured a lot, boom! A loss.

This game will hinge on the play of the respective o-lines and d-lines, as they often do...

75boyz

Reaction score
I think if the dee creates havoc with pass rush and turnovers and possible defensive score...
Then we will win by 10 or maybe more.
If it's a close to the vest nailbiter, then there is a good chance we lose.

So basically,
the same as it's been the other 6 games so far. Totally defensive dependent in which if the dee can't absolutely dominate then the no identity offense will continue to come up short when it counts.
So lets go, defense.

Cowboys!

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The Rams present a dangerous matchup for sure. This is where coaching and preparation can decide a nail biter vs us winning convincingly vs an average team.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Kenny Pickett actually looked like a competent QB against those dudes. I don’t want to hear the excuses, every week without fail someone is trying to make an opponent out to be a bogeyman. They are a 3-4 football team and we are home off a bye, we should kick their arses up and down the field.
Maybe we aren’t as good a team as you think.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Too many “non-readers” tying this thread to Dak to respond to.
I hope we win, but the whole point was the strength of the Rams defense and offense match our struggles.
I think this season is a marathon and with a new offense and injuries, maybe we can still be a true contender in the final quarter. Maybe we will rise at the right time. But right now, our OL isn’t allowing us to run effectively, and our defense has its ups and downs. McVay’s Rams are 3-2 vs Cowboys. But if those of you laughing at the Rams and predicting they only score 10 points on our defense are correct, then we will indeed win easily.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Eh, we just beat a better team on the road and have had 2 weeks to prepare.
Still scarred from the playoff game. Every game the defense needs to play solid D and we should be in it against anyone.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

But I think the story will be their defense. Another 3-4 defense….ugh.
Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.
If, if, if......

So, what you are saying is there is no reason for you to watch a game that has been lost on Friday before the weekend starts?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Cowboys can't afford to overlook any team. It would be just like them to lose to the Rams while looking ahead to Philly.
We should easily handle this Rams team, but you are right, we should have easily handled the Cards as well.
If you can't beat the Cards and the Rams of the NFL, then you have no business even showing up in the post season.

Reaction score
"It's about protecting your home turf. If you want to be successful in this league, you gotta be able to protect your home field." - Brandin Cooks

The Cowboys are now 8-0 in their last 8 home games from 2022.

A win here, and they are then 5-2. Just one game behind the Eagles but tied with the remainder of leaders now, in the NFL.

The next 4 games are:

Philadelphia
Giants
Carolina
Washington

That well could be 3 more wins, which correlates to 8-3. Think they have a strong chance to make it to 12 wins then? I do!
If there was ever a time to "git right" it's now for these Cowboys. No more bumbling and stumbling and general buffoonery, they need to turn it around now and win these upcoming winnable games,,, all of them. Throw on a win over the eagles and they'll be in the driver's seat.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If there was ever a time to "git right" it's now for these Cowboys. No more bumbling and stumbling and general buffoonery, they need to turn it around now and win these winnable games,,, all of them.
That was fully discussed prior to the start of the season. This current group is on evaluation stage in their retention. But this is just the first third of the development for this season and directional evaluation of the coaching staff. It really isn't hanging by a thread and should be watched and not complained about every last event that occurs along the way. That is crap and not being a realistic fan.

That element of realistic observation was given up for Lent over 20 years ago, despite a valid and good team in the present.

Sorry, I don't burp or complain in unison...someone else can keep that habit up!

CCBoy

Reaction score
We should easily handle this Rams team, but you are right, we should have easily handled the Cards as well.
If you can't beat the Cards and the Rams of the NFL, then you have no business even showing up in the post season.
You now saying they shouldn't play football until what, Jerry is assassinated by real lunatics? The team is playing some very sound and good football.

Hairy Scary Jerry expression, be damned.

I won't have my loyalty denied by any group's frustration...sorry guy. I'm not part of that group from the start.:popcorn:

CCBoy

Reaction score
If, if, if......

So, what you are saying is there is no reason for you to watch a game that has been lost on Friday before the weekend starts?
Dallas will win this one...they have too much on the line this game. Their future would be confounded not to be focused in the game.

quickccc

Reaction score
" rams-are-not-a-good-matchup-for-Dallas "

I hope this is just " rah- rah " talk coming from fans, ..cuz the minute that's in a team's head, that when we let up,
lay down and flat out get our butts handed to us ... !

:omg:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If, if, if......

What did you read? That makes no sense at all. The Rams are a tough matchup for the current Cowboys. It won’t be an easy win. How do you draw the conclusion you came up with?

Reaction score
That was fully discussed prior to the start of the season. This current group is on evaluation stage in their retention. But this is just the first third of the development for this season and directional evaluation of the coaching staff. It really isn't hanging by a thread and should be watched and not complained about every last event that occurs along the way. That is crap and not being a realistic fan.

That element of realistic observation was given up for Lent over 20 years ago, despite a valid and good team in the present.

Sorry, I don't burp or complain in unison...someone else can keep that habit up!
Evaluations and observations, they go together and in real time, this is nothing new to the observant.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Rams vs SF - lost 30-23
Rams vs Eagles - lost 23-14

Rams beat Cardinals 26-9
Rams beat Seattle 30-13

I‘m sure the Cowboys are taking the Rams more seriously than some fans are. Beating the Rams will be a good win. Losing to the Rams will mean we have a lot of growth needed as the season goes along just to be in the playoff conversation.