CFZ Rams are not a good matchup for Dallas

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys come out of their bye week with a 4-2 record through six games. While four wins in six games is nothing to be mad about, the team has shown some flaws. After letting go of former Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore this offseason, the team decided to go with head coach Mike McCarthy as the team’s play-caller. This decision has not aged well throughout the beginning of the season. The offense currently averages 329.8 yards per game, 16th highest in the NFL. Most notably, QB Dak Prescott and the passing offense has taken a step back in production. The team currently averages 210 passing yards per game. 20th highest in the NFL.

Here, Donalds has to be quieted.

The Rams offense has been highlighted by rookie WR Puka Nacua through the first seven weeks. Nacua already has 58 receptions, 752 receiving yards, and two touchdowns. While he poses a threat for the Cowboys secondary, the team also has WR Cooper Kupp back healthy and looking dominant. Kupp and Nacua will pose a threat to this Dan Quinn defense in Dallas. It will be important that the pass rush can get early pressure on Rams QB Matt Stafford, making him uneasy in the pocket and not allowing him time to get comfortable. Due to the Rams being such a pass-heavy team, Micah Parsons and the defense should be in store for a big game.

Here, steady pressure has to be seen.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...dak-prescott-puka-nacua-cooper-kupp-dan-quinn

CCBoy

Reaction score

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Cowboys struggle with power ground games and mobile QBs. The Rams have neither. They’re great at receiver and could absolutely score the upset. If the Rams’ receivers go off, it means they won their matchup. It won’t be exploiting an intrinsic weakness because the Cowboys aren’t weak in pass defense.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Cowboys don't lose at home. If it was in L.A. I would entertain a possible loss.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

But I think the story will be their defense. Another 3-4 defense….ugh.
Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.
ah the weekly if we lose I can say "see see told you"

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The Cowboys struggle with power ground games and mobile QBs. The Rams have neither. They’re great at receiver and could absolutely score the upset. If the Rams’ receivers go off, it means they won their matchup. It won’t be exploiting an intrinsic weakness because the Cowboys aren’t weak in pass defense.
Their OLine is nothing special imo abd I think they are vulnerable on defense.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys are unpredictable -- that's been their tendency for many years. The game vs. Arizona served as living proof of that notion.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
We know McVay will run the ball down our throats if we allow it; it happened recently.
We know they have a very special group of receivers and a QB who can get hot if no pressure.

But I think the story will be their defense. Another 3-4 defense….ugh.
Rams starting outside CBs each allow just 50% completions, and while they don’t pick off many passes, they cover tightly and don’t allow much separation. Their DL is stout and keep their MLB free at the second level, and he is a solid tackler, averaging 10 per game through the first 6 games. That DL with Donald runs lots of stunts which we have struggled with so far, and they slant all directions as well.

Unless Mike has figured out how to get the offense clicking and avoids 3rd and longs repeatedly, this will be a low scoring affair. Stats indicate that our OL is better at run blocking than pass protection and has failed to find continuity in passing off defenders. The OL has to get going. Mike has to call a great game and get Lamb and Cooks against their nickel corner. Dak has to hit any big plays that present themselves. Offense, defense, and special teams need to avoid drive ending or drive extending penalties.

If the pass rush isn’t hitting Stafford regularly, Kupp, Nacua, and Atwell, along with TE Higbee will have us playing from behind. But first we have to stuff RB Henderson. I don’t like this matchup based on what I’ve seen so far. I hope the defense and offense have the answers.
If we lose this one we have big problems. It's the kind of game where we should dominate but might get out coached.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys can't afford to overlook any team. It would be just like them to lose to the Rams while looking ahead to Philly.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Rams will outcoach us I am pretty sure. But I think the Rams have overachieved. I worry about Stafford going downfield on us because I think we are vulnerable there. I hate the way we tend to play after a bye week. I can see us losing this game but if we win, I think it will be a really good win for us.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t see where the Chargers are better than the Rams. Justin Herbert isn’t having a good year and doesn’t have near the weapons that Matt Stafford has. The Rams have two outstanding receivers. Plus they still having Aaron Donald on defense. By the way we lost to a far worse Arizona team on the road and the Cowboys haven’t been great after bye weeks. They have a tendency to come back flat.
Since Garrett they have been MUCH improved after the bye.

Dakota

Reaction score
I wish we could play the giants or patriots every week. My monday mornings would be a lot rosier.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Only issues i see is their WRs, but if our dline can pressure stafford hes been terrible, good thing we have the #1 pressure rate in the league. Believe it or not were also rated 6th against the run.
Just depends on how the offense does. Cooper rush last year got murdered behind our line last year and the defense really had to put points on the board to help us win cause outside a TP long house call we didnt get much done.

Sydla

Reaction score
Pretty important one here. You can't lose to the Rams and then be staring at possibly ending up 4-4 given a tough road game in Philly the following week.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Eh, we just beat a better team on the road and have had 2 weeks to prepare.
This.
The Rams have some good players but their overall roster is very thin.
That line is still awful, they are using RBs off of the waiver wire, and the D has holes all over the place.