Rams looking to trade or cut Gurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s stupid when you knew that his knee(s) were junk and yet you still set the market back in the day with a massive contract.

Rams know more than the public regarding this problem (knee) and looking to dump before they eat it.

Not only that.. I think the highest paid RB at the time was 8 or 9 million and they gave him 14 or 15 a year.

Dreski

Reaction score
Paying RB big money in a QB league seldom pays dividends. However, not as bad as overpaying at the QB position.
As much credit as Mcvay gets as a HC, their GM has made some questionable moves. Theyve away traded 5 of their first round picks. One of them was to get Goff, one of them was for Brandin Cooks, 2 for Jalen Ramsey, and I guess 2019s first round doesn’t really count cuz they were picking 31st but they traded back.
I don’t think their biggest problem was signing Gurley and Goff. Their main problem is trading all those first round picks for guys they’d most likely have to resign or lose.

mardwin

Reaction score
As much credit as Mcvay gets as a HC, their GM has made some questionable moves. Theyve away traded 5 of their first round picks. One of them was to get Goff, one of them was for Brandin Cooks, 2 for Jalen Ramsey, and I guess 2019s first round doesn’t really count cuz they were picking 31st but they traded back.
I don’t think their biggest problem was signing Gurley and Goff. Their main problem is trading all those first round picks for guys they’d most likely have to resign or lose.

Pretty good context, trading so many prime picks will eventually catch up to them. Especially with so many big contracts like Goff, Donald, etc they won't be able to reload.

Dreski

Reaction score
Pretty good context, trading so many prime picks will eventually catch up to them. Especially with so many big contracts like Goff, Donald, etc they won't be able to reload.
And they’re going to be stuck possibly paying Jalen Ramsey the highest salary for a CB after next year or risk losing him.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yeah, practicing with your teammates doesn’t make a difference. Granted, RB is probably the least important position to have to practice with your team but it’s still a distraction regardless. Coincidence that he held out, didn’t attend camp and looked the worst he has in his career? I don’t think so.
Players in the NFL understand the business aspect and I don't think it's as big a deal as us fans make it out to be. Everything that was preached at me playing football was very militaristic and closed ranks if a guy wasn't there, injured it was pick up the slack next man up, and every football cliche. Then it was business as usual there was no dwelling on the subject once it was addressed.

Johnny23

Reaction score
And they’re going to be stuck possibly paying Jalen Ramsey the highest salary for a CB after next year or risk losing him.
They've painted themselves in a corner and they have to pay Ramsey. Snead is a horrible GM and their owner is looking for short term success. They never had a plan outside of getting to the super bowl when they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.