Rams looking to trade or cut Gurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny23

Reaction score
So holding out with two years left on his contract and hanging out in Cabo while the rest of his team is practicing together isn’t a distraction?
No it's not. It's only a distraction to fans. Football is closed ranks. Very militaristic.

aria

Reaction score
No it's not. It's only a distraction to fans. Football is closed ranks. Very militaristic.
Yeah, practicing with your teammates doesn’t make a difference. Granted, RB is probably the least important position to have to practice with your team but it’s still a distraction regardless. Coincidence that he held out, didn’t attend camp and looked the worst he has in his career? I don’t think so.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is correct. Zeke was supposed to be this generational talent with a special blend of speed and power. He was supposed to get the tough yards and be able to take it the distance on any play. That lasted one year.

Henry is the one who can get the tough yards and be a threat on any play. He also dominated one of the best defenses in the league when they stacked the box over 60% of the time. Dude got hit 2 yards behind the LOS, then made Brandon Carr whiff for a 70 yard gain. Zeke has yet to do anything like that. Stack the box on Zeke and you got a bunch of excuses that Dak sucks.
This is a big year for Zeke. No excuses. He got his money. I was watching highlights of the best 100 best runs in NFL history. Between Barry, Bo, and Emmitt they seemed to have the most runs. Henry was on there too. Emmitt is so underrated. I still think he was the best back of his generation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is a big year for Zeke. No excuses. He got his money. I was watching highlights of the best 100 best runs in NFL history. Between Barry, Bo, and Emmitt they seemed to have the most runs. Henry was on there too. Emmitt is so underrated. I still think he was the best back of his generation.

Emmitt was unbelievable.

The problem is we saw him get old and people overrate Barry because we saw him retire at the top of his game.

They are both great though but if Emmitt retires in 1995 I think he is viewed much differently.

GMO415

Reaction score
If we didn't resign Coop, I'd say sign Gurley to a one year deal. Imagine him in our WCO with EzE in the backfield too.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't invest in runningbacks.. It's stupid.

They single handedly screwed up the RB market and we followed their footsteps.

Now they paid a slightly above mediocre QB and we have to now pay our slightly above mediocre QB.

Following the Rams stupidity.. It's what we do.

Can really only point this out so many times right? They are bleeding talent for sure. It's an interesting study in how not to manage your cap. Unfortunately, I can not be certain if anybody at the Star was taking notes. I hope they did. Maybe the "Pay The Man" crowed can step in and lend a hand if needed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can really only point this out so many times right? They are bleeding talent for sure. It's an interesting study in how not to manage your cap. Unfortunately, I can not be certain if anybody at the Star was taking notes. I hope they did. Maybe the "Pay The Man" crowed can step in and lend a hand if needed.

I don't understand how we got to a point where if we like our player and we don't want to let him go then he needs to be the highest paid at his position...

Then if some other team gets stupid and inflates the market we still have to be stupid as well because they did it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Now they paid a slightly above mediocre QB and we have to now pay our slightly above mediocre QB.

Someone could ask you what you had for breakfast and you'd bash Dak.

Stop. We all get it.

Thanks in advance........

blueblood70

Reaction score
you can’t possibly use Houston’s globally condemned idiot move taking Johnson and his contract as proof that running backs justify high draft picks and huge contracts ? Houston wanted to move Hopkins, which was stupid enough, and then made the insane move of letting Arizona dump useless Johnson and his 10 mil contract on them. That’s why one NFL analyst wrote an article today saying it was the worst deal in NFL history, and Johnson the running back was one of the reasons why. Houston did not give up Hopkins and a pick to get Johnson. Not even close, so let’s be clear on that one point.
why dont the titans CUT Henry instead of FT him which is waste of a FT on RB and Htown why not draft a guy or wait ANY RB CAN BE SUCCESSFULL IN A RBBC SITAUTION SO WHY NOT JUST USE ANYONE.. ??

BECAUSE THAT NARRTIVE IS NOT RTEUE, THE ELITE BACKS ARE WORTH KEEPING sand all rbs are not equal..if this were true none would be drafted and all would be UDFA and cut after their first contracts.. No the owners started this narrative to try and not pay an elite back as a way they pay equal talented and as important Dbs, DE, DT and very average qbs like say tannehill and yes Dak..

those dudes are not better then Zeke and IDC about position, when you earn you pay at a high level you should get paid at the top of your position . no way you are convincing me Dak or Tannenhil should be 2.5 times paid more then an elite RB..never, so dont try..

If Coop can get 20, tank 20, Dak 33, and Jaylon Lc and others close to 12 zeke falls right in the order of things at 13-15 and its not a mistake..

you dont think hes exposing himself MORE to long term effect of Playing Tail back from HS-Pro level to CTE, having issues walking or bending over etc to finally earn his money and someone telling him hes a Running back they are dime dozen? Lmao he is not hes been Elite his entire life and finally get a shot at one big payday and it was mistake paying him.. whatever dude you've been programmed that way and EE handled it correctly because he wont get 3 shots at the apple like a QB who BTW makes 2.5times what he makes , his time was now and im glad he got paid..he earned it and btw his so call down year had 1800 all purpose yards and double digit TDs =finished top 5.. right kick him to curb,

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't understand how we got to a point where if we like our player and we don't want to let him go then he needs to be the highest paid at his position...

Then if some other team gets stupid and inflates the market we still have to be stupid as well because they did it.

We are afraid to move on from players. We don't trade players because of contract demands and get value. It's crazy but we see it over and over, year after year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Emmitt was unbelievable.

The problem is we saw him get old and people overrate Barry because we saw him retire at the top of his game.

They are both great though but if Emmitt retires in 1995 I think he is viewed much differently.
I am biased too. Emmitt is my favorite player of all time. The Great Wall of Dallas was so overrated. Emmitt created that Wall. Eric Williams and Larry Allen were special but the other guys were average. Nate Newton was so overrated. The other guys were solid but Emmitt created them. For a 4.6 running back he broke off lots of long runs. He ran over three of best defenses of all time in one season. The Giants, Eagles, and Skins. These young punks today are nothing like Emmitt and the boys. “Get off my lawn”.

quickccc

Reaction score

i watch emmit also but he and Dickerson also had two of the very best dominant OL in NFL hisotyr ...that adds to the talent level of the RB titself.

if you watch " Great Wall of Dallas " documentary - our OL was just so incredibly overpowering and knocking opposing fronts off the ball on a unbelieveable scale on a regular basis. Emmitt had HUGE holes and gaps to get through ...

but there are times when you can tell emmits' skills come on arise - by the way he either slide and slipped oncoming tacklers, couldnt be knocked off his feet with his tremendous balance and lower body strength. and who could forget the separated shoulder NYG game

quickccc

Reaction score
I am biased too. Emmitt is my favorite player of all time. The Great Wall of Dallas was so overrated. Emmitt created that Wall. Eric Williams and Larry Allen were special but the other guys were average. Nate Newton was so overrated. The other guys were solid but Emmitt created them. For a 4.6 running back he broke off lots of long runs. He ran over three of best defenses of all time in one season. The Giants, Eagles, and Skins. These young punks today are nothing like Emmitt and the boys. “Get off my lawn”.

disagree.
that " Great Wall of Dallas " was the best most dominant OL in NFL history... hands down. :flagwave:

Loved Emmitt .. but Michael Irvin will always be my favorite Cowboy. (still get a big kick outta him this very day!)
Hall of Fame play making talent and skill level , dominated even elite Hall of fame CBs ala darrell green ,aneas williams, rod woodson etc. and was also such an unique extraordinary leader whose on field, locker room charisma and unchanneled energy always jump started the entire team, on a regular basis .
heard testimony from players that Irvin was the one that jump started the team when it look like they were going into a lull or slump.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Someone could ask you what you had for breakfast and you'd bash Dak.

Stop. We all get it.

Thanks in advance........

Blame the Jones’s for this on going complaining by everyone. Don’t blame individuals.

Praxit

Reaction score
...the Irony to this...lol. 3 yrs ago, the man was esteemed as the best Hybrid-back. Now they dont want his cheese in the fridge.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

It’s stupid when you knew that his knee(s) were junk and yet you still set the market back in the day with a massive contract.

Rams know more than the public regarding this problem (knee) and looking to dump before they eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.