News: Rams slip past Cowboys in NFL Week 1 after questionable PI call

Doomsday101

Reaction score
To put this on the same level as that Saints no-call is criminal. There's stuff here that actually could be called. The degree to which is debatable. The Saints call was not.

It is criminal? lol No it is a judgement call, Sorry was bad call. I have watched this game long enough to know that was not OPI, the review analyst knew it as well and said as much and they tend to always side with the refs on the field.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Perfect. Do you think the official saw Gallup's arm extended here? That's why the call was made.

Gallup-Push.jpg

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How much of the separation was due to Ramsey seeing he was losing the battle and did his act of being pushed back to get the flag? I don't believe Dez caught the ball. So this is a frame of reference part of this post.

But on this play I believe it was clear Ramsey was hooking Gallup's arm to prevent Gallup from making the catch. Watch the film again. Gallup had him beat at the beginning of it. Ramsey tied up his arm, and to me, while I do see what some call pushing off. Watch and see that Gallup was freeing his arm from Ramsey's hook.

Good play by Ramsey to sell the push. But had the ref been in a different position the flag would have come out on Ramsey before the alleged push.

That's exactly what I saw.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Perfect. Do you think the official saw Gallup's arm extended here? That's why the call was made.

Gallup-Push.jpg
Gallup was freeing his arm away from Ramsey as both men are hand fighting. It was a piss poor call. If you see it different fine but no your not convincing me it was a good call. Those who know me around here know that I don't complain about questionable calls but this was not questionable this was a poor call. Again I can't say what would have happened had the play stood all I can say it is was a call that should not have been made

Flamma

Reaction score
if gallup sold his arm being held by Ramsey he may of gotten dpi. But he didn't and Ramsey sold off that "push off"

You're exactly right. But the refs love throwing flags. Guy 25 yards away from the play throws a flag based on body language. It's long overdue for the NFL to get some younger guys in there to ref. These old fools can't keep up.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Gallup was freeing his arm away from Ramsey as both men are hand fighting. It was a piss poor call. If you see it different fine but no your not convincing me it was a good call. Those who know me around here know that I don't complain about questionable calls but this was not questionable this was a poor call. Again I can't say what would have happened had the play stood all I can say it is was a call that should not have been made

Of course I'm not convincing you. Neither video or still shots stop people from seeing what they want to see and explaining away evidence that shows the opposite of what they claim. I get it. This right here is clear as day and proof that it wasn't a poor call, just a debatable one. This evidence points in favor of calling it though. Thanks for the clip.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That PI call is the best thing that happened for McCarthy. People are harping on it instead of why the Cowboys were still trailing 20-17 at that point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of course I'm not convincing you. Neither video or still shots stop people from seeing what they want to see and explaining away evidence that shows the opposite of what they claim. I get it. This right here is clear as day and proof that it wasn't a poor call, just a debatable one. This evidence points in favor of calling it though. Thanks for the clip.

My pleasure showing and yet no one outside of Ramsey, and the ref who made the call are defending it, except for you.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That PI call is the best thing that happened for McCarthy. People are harping on it instead of why the Cowboys were still trailing 20-17 at that point.

If only Tank, Dak, Moore, and even Zeke were so lucky, lol.

Cap12

Reaction score
Still don't see where it

Gallup-Push.jpg

Still don't see where it touches, let alone, pushes Ramsey (as It's not fully extended). He's just trying to free his arm, so please show me a picture that actually pushes Ramsey, cause I don't see it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Oh for sure Dallas didn't deserve to win that game.

Even if they won they had been outplayed and outcoached.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

We were tailing cause they had more points than we had? lol I went into this game expecting it was not going to be a cake walk and knowing this was a tough game. Now that we lost it was supposed to be an easy game?

lukin2006

Reaction score
That was not PI...the NFL refs are a joke...let the players decide the game.

I am a huge hockey...when games are tight in the 3rd period more times than not the refs in hockey let the player decide the outcome. In the NFL these prima donnas players are looking for penalties...jeesgh.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
My pleasure showing and yet no one outside of Ramsey, and the ref who made the call are defending it, except for you.

I don't need crowd support to make my arguments more valid. I do quite well facing opposition all on my own. When people attempt to pivot away from the points I make, that's all the confirmation I need to know that I'm making an effective argument.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In real speed, it's a penalty. Sorry, but his hand is making contact with a straight arm before the catch.

Cap12

Reaction score
In real speed, it's a penalty. Sorry, but his hand is making contact with a straight arm before the catch.
Where does this "straight arm" hit Ramsey? Arms were pushing against arms (both players). At no time does Gallup touch Ramsey's torso (chest, shoulder, stomach etc). He's just trying to free his arms from Ramsey who's trying to pin Gallup's arm. Ramsey isn't even looking back for the ball. That's legal. Flopping should be a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike penalty. It's cheating and in theory could be called.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
It looks like PI to me.

In my book, DBs and WRs should never be touching each other past the five yard mark until the ball arrives. Call me old school or whatever but that's how I see it.

Old school? You actually watch any old school games? lol

No call should've been made there on either side. It's football. Battling for position. Well, one player was able too. PI should only be called if it is Blatant PI. Ramsey did a great sell. We call that diving in Hockey. And , is frowned upon by players back in the day.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't need crowd support to make my arguments more valid. I do quite well facing opposition all on my own. When people attempt to pivot away from the points I make, that's all the confirmation I need to know that I'm making an effective argument.

I'm not pivoting away, I'm telling you it was a poor call. Take it or leave. In the end it will not change the outcome, game is over and so we move on.

khiladi

Reaction score
You don’t have to SHOVE the defender. It’s a penalty if the move prevents the DB from making a play on the ball and Gallup did extend his arm.

Refs allow hand battles, extending the arm is completely different..