Ramsey playing corner

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The more I watch the more I'm convinced he is the pick.

He is really what teams are looking for and he'll come at a bargain of the price because of his rookie contract.

Not the pick I would make but it's clear this will be our pick if he is there and I think he is the best defensive talent in this draft.

The only thing that could stop this is San Diego taking him.

The guy looks like a All Pro corner.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Does he have a highlight tape? Game tapes take too long to look through and the early plays I saw of him weren't too spectacular.

Sydla

Reaction score
My interest in him is as a safety, not a corner.

But what I think is meaningless. I'd also like to see Dallas ditch the traditional FS/SS looks and have two guys back there - Jones and Ramsey - that can work interchangeably. But we know that won't happen under Marinelli.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

But what I think is meaningless. I'd also like to see Dallas ditch the traditional FS/SS looks and have two guys back there - Jones and Ramsey - that can work interchangeably. But we know that won't happen under Marinelli.

The bonus with those 2 is that either of them could line up and man a WR if needed. No chasing players or sprinting to the opposite side of the formation. They just shift to their side and slide the coverage on the back end.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does he have a highlight tape? Game tapes take too long to look through and the early plays I saw of him weren't too spectacular.

Yes but I don't have headphones where I am and I don't want to get in trouble for posting a vid that has bad language.

BTW, he is incredible on Special Teams so chalk that up as another thing that we will like about him.

btcutter

Reaction score

This requires Marinelli to alter his philosophy with front 4 as well. You need a BIG 1 tech that's really eat up blockers and still cause disruption. If you have two S's who are more coverage guys then you better make sure you clog up the lines up front and let your LB's makes majorities of tackles as the back end S's aren't going to be very physical. If a big back breakthrough the front 7 then your back end guys are in trouble.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is who they like as well.
I think all of us who are championing a QB or Championing Jack will be sitting there when they call the name Ramsey and the chat room and board goes crazy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I think we'll see Claiborne walk, Carr take a big pay cut, Ramsey drafted, and hope that Scandrick comes back healthy.

Jones will move to FS.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If it's a choice between Ramsey and Jack then I am taking Ramsey all the way.

As of now.... Me too.

I think Bosa is a good player but I don't see him validating the top 5 pick.

At least with Ramsey you're getting a potential All Pro corner on a 5 year Rookie Contract so you can spend that money saved for not having to sign a vet elsewhere.

Again... Not the route I would go but Jerry will see the value and not pass up on it.

tm1119

Reaction score
I watched those videos and saw a guy that was barely in coverage downfield. He was playing a lot of zone close to the los or he was blitzing.

Definitely a special athlete though. Good downhill tackler and for the most looked to have good awareness and took the right angles. He even set the edge very well against the run a few times. He's got a good shot to be a special safety in my opinion. Only way I see him playing CB full time is in a press man system where he always has help over the top.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
He's not a potential all pro corner though. Safety? Yes.

This.

Shutdown CBs are not so important anymore, smart, aggressive (versus the run), mentally-sharp corners are more desirable and they can be found anywhere in the draft.

As a safety, though, Ramsey would have great impact, IMO. I would still prefer to see them grab the future QB at #4.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He looked spectacular at safety, not sure playing him at corner is the way to go, they only played him at corner because they lost 2 good corners to the NFL.