Ramsey playing corner

CCBoy

Reaction score
True but Jones didn't get picked 4th overall.

I like the idea of Ramsey paired with Jones and the flexibility that would bring, but is that the best value for the team having two 1st round picks at safety (which is where they are best suited)?

In truth I don't see anyone that we would pick at 4 having a significant impact straight away, which seems to be the main argument of those against taking a QB at 4.

To that end I'm for taking the QB and looking to help the team "win now" with the rest of the draft and Free Agency,

On this specific issue, I would reread what Stephen Jones has been saying on issue...he has a thumb on what is really going on now.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Does he have a highlight tape? Game tapes take too long to look through and the early plays I saw of him weren't too spectacular.

That's why I didn't get the hype around mo! Even his highlights didn't look good lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's why I didn't get the hype around mo! Even his highlights didn't look good lol.

He had pretty high graded actual skills and strongly dynamic personal strengths. At the level that point towards actual NFL successful cornerbqacks.

noletime95

Reaction score
I am LMAO at all you arm chair scouts claiming Ramsey lacks agility and can't cover.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He had pretty high graded actual skills and strongly dynamic personal strengths. At the level that point towards actual NFL successful cornerbqacks.

I get that's why they drafted him but I didn't see the play I expected even in college for that pick.

Whoever said he's like primetime should never have a job around football!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am LMAO at all you arm chair scouts claiming Ramsey lacks agility and can't cover.

I think people also don't project what a player could be and that is a huge part of drafting.

IMO, Ramsey is the most talented defender in this draft since Jaylon Smith is hurt.

The problem is do you want to take a DB with a top 5 pick and I think the Cowboys will because they could potentially get elite corner play for 5 years at 4.1 mill.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think people also don't project what a player could be and that is a huge part of drafting.

IMO, Ramsey is the most talented defender in this draft since Jaylon Smith is hurt.

The problem is do you want to take a DB with a top 5 pick and I think the Cowboys will because they could potentially get elite corner play for 5 years at 4.1 mill.

I don't doubt Stephen's ability to project and manage cap room. We will shortly see how good that meshes with the current scout and coaching staffs...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Some of the problem with extremely fast and vrey quick twitch players comes from a basic instinct for them, early in their development, to use excelleration to seperate and not to mirror. At a high skill level, this instinct converts to tremendous seperation that occurs at microseconds in being presented. Mental discipline requires a ton of instruction, guidance, as well as on field players providing leadership.

Absolutely correct.

Some players have no problems bridging the gap when they can no longer rely on physical prowess, other players never develope the head for the game or the instincts, so they have a much harder time transitioning. This is why I would much rather get someone who is a proven commodity covering but maybe not as amazing of an athlete. Also scheme and position has a lot to do with it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Absolutely correct.

Some players have no problems bridging the gap when they can no longer rely on physical prowess, other players never develope the head for the game or the instincts, so they have a much harder time transitioning. This is why I would much rather get someone who is a proven commodity covering but maybe not as amazing of an athlete. Also scheme and position has a lot to do with it.

Here and now...I'm hoping for Fuller.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Feel free to laugh at me later for this, because I haven't seen a ton of him, but I think William Jackson III will at least end up being a far better value where he is picked as opposed to Ramsey.

Some pundits are already calling him the best pure CB in the draft. Better than Hargreaves and McKenzie.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Some pundits are already calling him the best pure CB in the draft. Better than Hargreaves and McKenzie.

His highlights look amazing but the very little video I have seen of him that weren't highlights he did look lost in coverage at times.

I need to watch him more but he at least looks the part.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is the vid I watched.

I don't see a guy that is very physical, changes direction better than average, or can tackle.. 1.25 in to the video he's fortunate he didn't hurt himself.

On his INT he was burnt but the QB didn't get enough on it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I get that's why they drafted him but I didn't see the play I expected even in college for that pick.

Whoever said he's like primetime should never have a job around football!

Be careful how one reads a generalized statement on a player.

He was graded quite high on statistical indicators used through the league, to project upper levels of performance...as to ability. The stop watch was once used, and it is sought as a supporting quality of the cornerback also. That wasn't a wailing and gnashing of teeth just because Dallas made the pick. Many would have also.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Be careful how one reads a generalized statement on a player.

He was graded quite high on statistical indicators used through the league, to project upper levels of performance...as to ability. The stop watch was once used, and it is sought as a supporting quality of the cornerback also. That wasn't a wailing and gnashing of teeth just because Dallas made the pick. Many would have also.

I doubt anybody would've gave up a 1st and a 2nd though. Lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score

I don't see a guy that is very physical, changes direction better than average, or can tackle.. 1.25 in to the video he's fortunate he didn't hurt himself.

Every credible site graded him out positively in that Florida game.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Jackson has fantastic length and uses it very well, but he doesn't look like a fluid athlete and a lot of his highlights come on very poorly thrown balls. In his actual game tape he's not quite as impressive. I see every Houston game, whether I want to or not, and he will stand out for a couple plays and then completely disappear. He got a similar play style to Richard Sherman, probably closer to anyone I remember seeing recently, but I am not sure he is as hard a worker and as much a student of the game as Sherman is.

I definitely wouldn't label him the best corner in the draft. He's incredibly similar to Ramsey, without the elite athleticism.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Im coming to grips that Ramsey will be a Cowboy. Ugh