Ramsey vs QB

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You're right I just lost all my credit, he is coveted by all the other nfl team fansites. He deserves to be in the dialog of eric green and earl thomas(college years) during evaluation. That ten years stuff is for magazines he is a great talent at safety.

He is a very good talent, but not nearly as polished and ready as Earl Thomas and Erik Berry were. I think he falls somewhere between Berry and Vacarro if we are ranking guys coming out.

Macnalty

Reaction score
He is a very good talent, but not nearly as polished and ready as Earl Thomas and Erik Berry were. I think he falls somewhere between Berry and Vacarro if we are ranking guys coming out.

I can see that comparison, you obviously see the talent, can he transition to the NFL. I think so the game at the college level looks easy for him.
We may need to be looking who is behind him incase we draft someone else and that is where this draft is being good for us. Deep fishing for DB this year, although last year turned out better than I expected especially Peters.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I can see that comparison, you obviously see the talent, can he transition to the NFL. I think so the game at the college level looks easy for him.
We may need to be looking who is behind him incase we draft someone else and that is where this draft is being good for us. Deep fishing for DB this year, although last year turned out better than I expected especially Peters.

We could realistically come out of this draft with two new starting safeties if we played our cards right. We could get Cash for SS and Kearse at FS, without even addressing it in the first round. I think both of those guys come in and at least split duty from day one.

Macnalty

Reaction score
We could realistically come out of this draft with two new starting safeties if we played our cards right. We could get Cash for SS and Kearse at FS, without even addressing it in the first round. I think both of those guys come in and at least split duty from day one.

I have both rated very high I doubt we could hope for two even one would be great. I cannot remember a draft like this one where the safeties are so deep. I really like Karl Joseph and if you are not familiar with his name he is a player.
Here is my ratings lineup in December have the SS and FS mixed in.
Jalen RamseyFlorida St
Jeremy CashDuke
Su'a Cravens USC
Karl JosephWest Virginia
Von Bell Ohio State
Tony ConnorOle Miss
Tre Elston Ole Miss
Jalen MillsLSU
Eddie JacksonAlabama
Nate AndrewsFlorida State
AJ Stamps Kentucky

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I have both rated very high I doubt we could hope for two even one would be great. I cannot remember a draft like this one where the safeties are so deep. I really like Karl Joseph and if you are not familiar with his name he is a player.
Here is my ratings lineup in December have the SS and FS mixed in.
Jalen RamseyFlorida St
Jeremy CashDuke
Su'a Cravens USC
Karl JosephWest Virginia
Von Bell Ohio State
Tony ConnorOle Miss
Tre Elston Ole Miss
Jalen MillsLSU
Eddie JacksonAlabama
Nate AndrewsFlorida State
AJ Stamps Kentucky

Wow you don't even rank Kearse? I like Joseph too. He would be a great grab in the middle rounds.

There is just something about Cash. He isn't getting as much media time as Ramsey, but the tape doesn't lie. The guy is electric. All-ACC. All-American. Maxwell Award Finalist. Nagurski Finalist. Thorpe Finalist.

He's never going to be a center fielder, but this guy is going to make a lot of plays on Sundays for a long time. I am hoping he trades the blue D for a blue star!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Since we are talking DBs, two I like that are not highly rated:

Crevon LeBlanc
Miles Killebrew

noletime95

Reaction score
Ramsey is a low risk player, but with huge upside. There is no position he can't play in the secondary. He's an excellent blitzer and sets the edge as a CB as well as I've seen in college football. I will be very interested to see where he lines up in the NFL. He does not have a pick this year, but he dropped 3-4. I don't think his hands are elite, but they are not BAD. Point is, he does jump routes and make plays as a CB. But he was a monster roaming around as a SO for FSU at S. Good leadership skills.

Some similarities to Byron with both being so versatile. If Dallas wants a PURE CB, Hargreaves is a BALLHAWK. Ramsey is the more complete player and matches up better with some of the WR monsters in the NFL. But I've never seen a WR 6'1 or shorter do much of anything on VH, short of A. Cooper, which was a nice battle.

To me, it all comes down to how the scouts and front office feel about the QB's in this draft. If they are in love with one of the top guys, TAKE HIM. Otherwise, take advantage of the pick by filling a need with an all-pro talent. Ramsey?, Staley?, VH?, Smith? I dunno-all look like nice options. I really wish there was a stud DT 2-technique available-but no one is touting any of them as a top 10 pick.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Wow you don't even rank Kearse? I like Joseph too. He would be a great grab in the middle rounds.

There is just something about Cash. He isn't getting as much media time as Ramsey, but the tape doesn't lie. The guy is electric. All-ACC. All-American. Maxwell Award Finalist. Nagurski Finalist. Thorpe Finalist.

He's never going to be a center fielder, but this guy is going to make a lot of plays on Sundays for a long time. I am hoping he trades the blue D for a blue star!

Not sure what to do with Kearse 6'4" and 220lbs and would love to hear from people who have watched Clemson this season. He carries a big stick and hits hard.
Ramsey is the prize for DB's this draft and if we had to play him man to man we would dilute his talent IMO he is zone aware.
Cash is a great talent also.
So glad you guys have started talking about the DB's in serious tones in December there are some good games to watch later in the year.