Ramsey vs QB

Sydla

Reaction score
This is so silly. Arguing that we should shy away from taking a DB early in the draft because Claiborne busted?

LOL.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The return on investment at drafting cornerbacks is very, very low. A true, ball-hawking free safety? That's a different story.

granted I have not read the post leading up to this, but I hope you are not implying Ramsey is a ball hawking free safety

jblaze2004

Reaction score
we going to keep using wanting a superbowl as a excuse? How about lets get a young gun. Romo is forever getting injured. We don't have to go full rebuild but we need a young gun. He can sit behind romo for a couple years and play when we will need him. You never know if romo gets injured and he comes in and balls out we can all sleep easy. But we need to start drafting some qb's. I don't care if we trade up in the late first or use our second rounder on a qb like wentz. We need to look to the future too.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We could have ramsey in the rist and Wentz in the second or trade up in the first.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't think any quarterback in this draft is worth a top-5 pick, so I would go with Ramsey. That said, it would be hard for me to pass up Hargreaves and then take Jeremy Cash in the second. Cash and Jones at safety would be ridiculous (though I prefer Jones at CB).

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He is the best safety in 10 years to be coming out and just might be available to us in this draft. His positions if needed are FS/CB/DB he is a stud.

Whoa! This thread just went officially off the rails!

gmoney112

Reaction score
I don't think any quarterback in this draft is worth a top-5 pick, so I would go with Ramsey. That said, it would be hard for me to pass up Hargreaves and then take Jeremy Cash in the second. Cash and Jones at safety would be ridiculous (though I prefer Jones at CB).

We need more picks. This draft is lacking in overall talent but the top 150-200 are pretty good.

I was worried about the ravens taking Ramsey, but apparently they have a bunch of problems. LT, pass rush, CB and safety. They very well could take a tackle, hargreaves, or Bosa.

I don't really want Hargreaves unless he is a Peterson type prospect and can play zone at a blue chip level+tackle. I worry about his lack of turnovers

texbumthelife

Reaction score
We need more picks. This draft is lacking in overall talent but the top 150-200 are pretty good.

I was worried about the ravens taking Ramsey, but apparently they have a bunch of problems. LT, pass rush, CB and safety. They very well could take a tackle, hargreaves, or Bosa.

I don't really want Hargreaves unless he is a Peterson type prospect and can play zone at a blue chip level+tackle. I worry about his lack of turnovers

Peterson isn't very good in zone, just FYI. He is a predominantly man-to-man corner.

As far as Hargreaves, he had 4 interceptions this season with teams doing everything they could to throw away from him. Patrick Peterson had 4 interceptions his final season in college too. In the same amount of time, Hargreaves has more interceptions in his college career than Peterson did. So there's that... He also led the SEC in passes defensed in 2014 with 13 and forced a fumble this season.

Hargreaves is a very willing and able tackler. He had 50 tackles as a sophomore in 2014. His tackle numbers dipped this season, but a lo of that is teams avoiding him.

The only real knock on him is his size. He compares very closely to former Gator Joe Haden, and may actually be a better overall corner than Haden was.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Actually, from what I read before the 2015 season, Hargreaves was considered to be the best CB prospect since Peterson. I'm unsure if that changed since he had a game or two this year where he struggled, but I doubt it. I think he looks fantastic on film and is usually stride for stride with WRs.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Actually, from what I read before the 2015 season, Hargreaves was considered to be the best CB prospect since Peterson. I'm unsure if that changed since he had a game or two this year where he struggled, but I doubt it. I think he looks fantastic on film and is usually stride for stride with WRs.

When I watch Hargreaves, when it seems like he is not performing at his ceiling, its because he loses focus. Teams spend so much time trying to avoid him that he goes very long stretches without ever having to do anything. Not trying to make excuses, this is just what I saw. He will also get lazy in his technique and go for the splash play instead of doing his job.

He is always going after the ball though, so you have to love that. He will flash between coverages and break on balls that he should otherwise have no business getting to, it is honestly freak like. He has some of the best hips I have ever seen. He turns and is at full speed in a flash. He cuts and breaks like a blue chip running back, without losing speed. These are the things he does and shows when he is dialed in. When he isn't he is still good, but doesn't look special.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Peterson isn't very good in zone, just FYI. He is a predominantly man-to-man corner.

As far as Hargreaves, he had 4 interceptions this season with teams doing everything they could to throw away from him. Patrick Peterson had 4 interceptions his final season in college too. In the same amount of time, Hargreaves has more interceptions in his college career than Peterson did. So there's that... He also led the SEC in passes defensed in 2014 with 13 and forced a fumble this season.

Hargreaves is a very willing and able tackler. He had 50 tackles as a sophomore in 2014. His tackle numbers dipped this season, but a lo of that is teams avoiding him.

The only real knock on him is his size. He compares very closely to former Gator Joe Haden, and may actually be a better overall corner than Haden was.

I just meant a Peterson like prospect, not necessarily how PP plays zone. Peterson had serious speed and size, and also was a legitimate football player. Depending on where you find Hargreaves weight, Peterson weighed 20-30 pounds more and ran a 4.34.

It's interesting, Haden was actually a DROY candidate under Henderson so I'm sure they'll do their due diligence. But, I still wouldn't take Haden with the 4-5 pick. Peterson I would.

Just going to be how he grades out I guess. At this point I wouldn't hate the pick, but unless he comes in to the Combine at 210 and runs a 4.3 with his college production, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel spending a top 5 pick on him, especially since I believe we should switch more to a zone scheme again, over some other corners in the draft like our guy King.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Ramsey has 3 total picks in his career? I haven't seen him play alot. We need playmakers in the secondary, but if the right qb is there, you take him. You don't want to be at the top of the draft ever, but that's a great place to grab a qb.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Whoa! This thread just went officially off the rails!

You're right I just lost all my credit, he is coveted by all the other nfl team fansites. He deserves to be in the dialog of eric green and earl thomas(college years) during evaluation. That ten years stuff is for magazines he is a great talent at safety.