Randall Cobb stats so far

blueblood70

Reaction score
it doesn't negate the fact Cobb made a great catch and a great playe after the catch tho.
IT WAS NEGATED, IT NEVER HAPPENED lol

Zekes had to 15plus yard runs and a long catch called back this year over penaltys.. it happens..but like I said the play may neve r had happened without the illegal block, hold, or whatever it was..

only count the ones in the books..

But I already agreed hes better then expected I saw all the PS talk hes old slow and finished and we shouldnt have got him.. PS guys hes VET he doesnt go all out in PS..good FA

actually this off season our FA pickups all looking good.. Quinn right out of the box, Cobb, and well not sure is Dsmith a FA? howd we get him? who am I missing.. I know we dont go all out in FA but the drafts and little FA action we have had of late is working pretty well..

quickccc

Reaction score
Cobb and Beasley are night and day different players. Cobb actually brings YAC ability at the slot. Beasley never offered much of that during his tenure here. I say all this as someone that likes Beasley.

I think we got an absolute FA steal considering what we paid for him.

and we will have to pony up to keep him, beyond this year as he signed a 1 year deal I believe. and he's already resetting his market value again and could force a bidding war or farewell should
an NFL team want to pay him handsomely to sign him up in FA.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LMAO.
so, 3 yards over 3 games...where Cooper is on the team 100% of the games so far this year.
go look at Bease's game log once Amari showed up last year. he averaged 36.33 YPG after Cooper came over. and that was before Gallup was the threat he's been through 2 games.
the slot WR isn't needed as much when you have a legit #1 and a legit #2, neither of which were present until Cooper was traded for last year. surely you can understand this.

So every position has gotten better improvement with Cooper in the fold this year, and your response is....

"LMAO it's because Cooper and we don't need him as much with a true #1 and #2."

So we do need the TE1, TE2, RB2 more, just not the slot? That's what you're saying?

Surely you can understand how silly a comment this is LMAOOOOO

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The point is that Cobb’s production is being limited by holding penalties but Cobb is making big plays. Do you miss Beasley that much?

Would those plays be there for him without the penalties?

Sorta the whole reason they call them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like Cobb as well.
Liked him when we got him and still like him.

To be fair, however, Beasley is on pace for 90 catches in Buffalo.
No regrets, but just pointing out a fact.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cobb has been really good in his role here ..... He has been an upgrade from Beasley ..... Unfortunately for his stats (and fortunately for the team) we have so many weapons now that it takes away from the impact he is having.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
So every position has gotten better improvement with Cooper in the fold this year, and your response is....

"LMAO it's because Cooper and we don't need him as much with a true #1 and #2."

So we do need the TE1, TE2, RB2 more, just not the slot? That's what you're saying?

Surely you can understand how silly a comment this is LMAOOOOO

basically.
if everyone else is getting the ball more...that leaves less for some players.
again: if you can read - look at Beasley's stats after Cooper came last year. guess what? shockingly, he was used less.
and actually, i only added his stats from the 2nd Washington game on. when you do from when Cooper first came aboard, vs TEN, you get....:

before Cooper: 50 YPG
after Cooper: 36 YPG

see how the one drops off by 14 yards? why do you think that is?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I like Cobb as well.

targets are way up.
that's what happens when there aren't great weapons around him on the field.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Beasley 7-71 and no TDs. In a feature role. For much more money.

Anyone that doesn't like the swap is being irrational.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That’s going to happen every game. They called back the TD on a holding call yet completely missed the facemask penalty on the Dolphins on the same play.

I've seen way worse go uncalled. I didn't scream and yell about this one, but it was pretty weak imo.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He posted both the with and without penalty stats.

Coaches definitely grade players on that they accomplished on plays that were called back by penalty. If a player failed on a play but it was covered up by a penalty on someone else, the coaches still ream the play for that play regardless of the penalty.
There is a difference between grading a player and just throwing all the stats together.

You can't do that with the numbers. Take yesterday's example. On the same drive the TD was called back on, Cobb had a 20 yard catch. You can't just add those numbers together and say act like he should have had 94 yards on the stat sheet. The 2nd would not have happened without the first. In the Giants game, he had a 9 yard catch nullified and then had a 14 yarder. The thing there was, the first play happened at the Giants 14 yard line. He likely gained more yards because of the penalty.

Of course, without the penalty, Dak is likely sacked, and then Bobby Belt couldn't throw his crap out there and say, "well he would have had this if not for the penalty." Not unless he is going to go back and do that for all the plays for other players (to provide context).

Coaches (or armchairs) grading players? Fine, look at those plays too. Using them for stats? No. Just No.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That holding call looked weak too from the angle they showed on TV. I didn’t see a hold.
Very ticky tack. Very.
I didn't either.

Refs seem hell bent on setting a record for calling holding calls this year.
Did you see the play that they called a hold on? He literally did not hold not even a grasp of a jersey.
That holding call was total bs. Whatever..

Here's the hold. CATCH17 is right in that the angle doesn't show everything but if you look at either of the players the whole way on this play, the Teflon Con appears to yank backwards at the same time you see the DL's upper body jerk back a bit just before reaching Dak so Connor had a grip on him on the backside (get your minds out of the gutter). Pretty sure you can't pull at a player who's running in the opposite direction.

Connor-Hold1.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Cobb as well.

I get there games because they are local. Defense's are giving Allen Beasley

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Here's the hold. CATCH17 is right in that the angle doesn't show everything but if you look at either of the players the whole way on this play, the Teflon Con appears to yank backwards at the same time you see the DL's upper body jerk back a bit just before reaching Dak so Connor had a grip on him on the backside (get your minds out of the gutter). Pretty sure you can't pull at a player who's running in the opposite direction.

Connor-Hold1.gif

Bro, c’mon....if anything has been proven on this forum is that you can show visual evidence and they’ll still deny it happened, lol.

That was a blatant hold on a defensive player that could directly impacted the play.

It sucks because that was a great read and throw by Dak.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Connor-Hold1.gif
Like for Teflon Con