Randle Cobb & Cole Beasley Comparison

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes. hes become that..also overpaid since they misse the paloysfs and then come lay an egg first game ..:)) hes Cowboys killa other then that...hes not team guy, doesnt play nice with teammates or coaches.. Hes Brown at QB lol

I agree that the Packers should have had more success with Rodgers but that's not related to whether he is injury prone.

I could come up with a huge list of players that missed more than 10% of possible games due to injuries.

cowboyz

Reaction score
i still remember randall cobb on the packers being a nightmare. hopefully he can remain healthy

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Real convincing argument you've made there..........................
I don't need to make an argument. Especially when you made none yourself.

FACT: the Giants didn't cover Cobb. They didn't attempt to.

FACT: Any NFL WR can get open under those circumstances.

There was nothing special about Cobb on that play.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I don't need to make an argument. Especially when you made none yourself.

FACT: the Giants didn't cover Cobb. They didn't attempt to.

FACT: Any NFL WR can get open under those circumstances.

There was nothing special about Cobb on that play.

I asked you to produce evidence of Beasley ever running that route , much less getting open on it..........FACT : You didn't..............

gmb1

Reaction score
I'm just happy we don't have to play against him anymore.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I agree that the Packers should have had more success with Rodgers but that's not related to whether he is injury prone.

I could come up with a huge list of players that missed more than 10% of possible games due to injuries.
Yo wheres the cornerback breakdowns?

Blake

Reaction score
I liked Beasley.
Having said that, I think he's a pos.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone turned on beasley. He was awesome here. He caught everything, played hard, and he fought for extra yards.

He was a turd on social media, so the fans turned.

But I agree with you. Undersized kid who played through injury and made some big plays along the way.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Almost all of his missed games came in 2 seasons when he had a significant injury.

In the other 6 seasons he averaged 15 games per season played and some of those were likely a veteran not playing game 16 prior to going into the playoffs.

In his earlier years he was the ultimate quick strike 3rd down conversion slot WR which is the role that Beasley developed into.

The Rodgers to Cobb quick pass on 3rd down was something everybody knew was coming but defenses could rarely stop it.

The other things Cobb can do better than Beasley are just a bonus (down field threat, better in the redzone, line up at outside WR, reverses, jet sweeps, line up at RB, etc..).
I have been saying this since last year when so many were hanging from Beasley's plums. In SL offense Beasley was a 1 trick pony, he ran pretty much the same 5-7 yard in or out across the field for 20 lateral yards and 3 vertical yards fora total of 10 yards receiving. When he was in the defense knew exactly what he was going to do and let him because he is not a true YAC threat and can't break tackles. He thought he was edelman thnk god he is gone. Cobb is a complete receiver.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't get why everyone turned on beasley. He was awesome here. He caught everything, played hard, and he fought for extra yards.

He caught everything but if you mean fighting for extra yards he has more yards running to the sideline horizontally than he had receiving yards going towards the endzone.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He caught everything but if you mean fighting for extra yards he has more yards running to the sideline horizontally than he had receiving yards going towards the endzone.

He was 5'8 175 lbs. He is not going to throw guys down, but he would get the most yards that were physically possible. Going off of memory, I think he averaged a first down everytime he caught the ball.

Witten gets praise for getting 5 yards a catch and 0 yards after, but beasley gets destroyed for having done a lot more. I know they are different positions, but I don't get it.

I like how Cobb looks, and I am glad he is here. But I hope beasley tears it up in buffalo, puts sauce on everything, and gets buffalo wings and BBQ endorsements.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He was 5'8 175 lbs. He is not going to throw guys down, but he would get the most yards that were physically possible. Going off of memory, I think he averaged a first down everytime he caught the ball.

Witten gets praise for getting 5 yards a catch and 0 yards after, but beasley gets destroyed for having done a lot more. I know they are different positions, but I don't get it.

I like how Cobb looks, and I am glad he is here. But I hope beasley tears it up in buffalo, puts sauce on everything, and gets buffalo wings and BBQ endorsements.
Witten caught passes all over the field a primary weapon for this team forever. Beasley is basically was a niche player that caught gimme plays because he was no threat.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Beasley (Bills)
55% catch rate
40 yards
4.4 yards/target
Zero TDs
Notable Play: Pass bounced off his hands and returned for a pick-six.

Cobb (Cowboys)
80% catch rate
69 yards
13.8 yards/target
1 TD
Notable Play: Huge play to get a 1st on 3rd & long in the Redzone.

Cobb is far more versatile then Beasley, but what is really exciting is we actually took advantage of that. Lets hope in continues.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Beasley is a good player. Cobb is a good player with a surprising level of physicality and savvy presence on the field that elevates the offense. Cobb is a significant upgrade, IMHO.

I got bashed for making that same statement a month ago. Cobb healthy is a pretty significant upgrade, expecially in an offense that requires some versatility.