Randle Cobb & Cole Beasley Comparison

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I asked you to produce evidence of Beasley ever running that route , much less getting open on it..........FACT : You didn't..............
FACT: That's an idiotic request. But you can go watch some Cole Beasely highlights if you want and find a few.

Just because you ask for something doesn't mean I'm your ***** and have to go out of my way to produce it.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
FACT: That's an idiotic request. But you can go watch some Cole Beasely highlights if you want and find a few.

Just because you ask for something doesn't mean I'm your ***** and have to go out of my way to produce it.

You're making a baseless claim WITHOUT PROOF other than your imbecilic and worthless "word" ; so yes , you do need to produce evidence when challenged...............That's how it works................Get a clue....................

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Consider yourself unbashed.

Wow, feels good. Now I hope Kellen makes me look like an idiot for bashing him has a first year QB coach last year. (Honestly I think I was trying to find someone different to blaim things on) It gets old picking on Jerry and Garret sometimes.

J-man

Reaction score
Beasley (Bills)
55% catch rate
40 yards
4.4 yards/target
Zero TDs
Notable Play: Pass bounced off his hands and returned for a pick-six.

Cobb (Cowboys)
80% catch rate
69 yards
13.8 yards/target
1 TD
Notable Play: Huge play to get a 1st on 3rd & long in the Redzone.

there isn't one. Cobb is on another level to Cole.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Witten caught passes all over the field a primary weapon for this team forever. Beasley is basically was a niche player that caught gimme plays because he was no threat.

That is past tense witten. Current witten gets 5 yards a catch, and no yards after the catch. People still judge him off of memories.

Beasley is a niche player, but he is almost uncoverable 5-15 yards, and can get yards after the catch if the circumstances are right.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You're making a baseless claim WITHOUT PROOF other than your imbecilic and worthless "word" ; so yes , you do need to produce evidence when challenged...............That's how it works................Get a clue....................

Any NFL WR can make a play when not covered is a baseless claim? How much stupid can you put in your posts?

When is the evidence that Cole Beasely cannot run a skinny post going to be provided?

There's a few in here, try 1:27 to start.

Now sit down.

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is past tense witten. Current witten gets 5 yards a catch, and no yards after the catch. People still judge him off of memories.

Beasley is a niche player, but he is almost uncoverable 5-15 yards, and can get yards after the catch if the circumstances are right.
I think people judge him on his sure-handed catching and his ability to run a good route.

jrumann59

Reaction score

because no one cares about him catching the ball, he isn't fast so YAC is not issue, he can't break tackles so again YAC is not an issue.
He is strictly between the numbers guy and goes down on his own when a big guy comes to tackle him.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Oh, and btw, the baseless claim is that Cole could not run one.

Now you provide some examples of Cole being unable to run the route and being unable to get open when the defense doesn't cover.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Oh, and btw, the baseless claim is that Cole could not run one.

Now you provide some examples of Cole being unable to run the route and being unable to get open when the defense doesn't cover.
Cole can run any route he just can't get open on every route. Deep routes were not his comfort zone, he can't jump and he is short so throwing anything down field to him is dumb.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Cole can run any route he just can't get open on every route. Deep routes were not his comfort zone, he can't jump and he is short so throwing anything down field to him is dumb.
I dunno, I saw him wide open deep a few times. Defenses kind of forgot about him and we missed the opportunity every time (like the opener against NY in 2016, and the game against SEA in 2015).

jrumann59

Reaction score
He does not play vertical routes very well. Passes around his body he is OK but if he has to go above his head not so much.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was a turd on social media, so the fans turned.

But I agree with you. Undersized kid who played through injury and made some big plays along the way.

His play was a major boon during the 2016 season.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I remember some knucklehead posted that Cobb wasn't a lock to make the roster.
The same knucklehead felt we should've kept Hurns instead.

Normally, I wouldn't mention it but the kid who posted was a typical rude keyboard warrior.

Updated

Beasley:
9 catches on 13 targets
123 yards
69.2% catch %
One turnover drop
On a team whose 18th in the league in passing
Yards per target- 9.46

Cobb:
9 catches on 11 targets
Only 93 yards
82% catch
One turnover drop
On a team who's 3rd in passing for the season
Yards per target- 8.45

Yikes

Might want to update the OP @xwalker

aikemirv

Reaction score
Updated

Beasley:
9 catches on 13 targets
123 yards
69.2% catch %
One turnover drop
On a team whose 18th in the league in passing
Yards per target- 9.46

Cobb:
9 catches on 11 targets
Only 93 yards
82% catch
One turnover drop
On a team who's 3rd in passing for the season
Yards per target- 8.45

Yikes

Might want to update the OP @xwalker
There is no way Cobbs was a turnover drop-that was not catchable.