News: Randle drug charges dropped; Ex-gf granted protection order

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Raising a child is a lot of labor to go through for a money grab.

If you want to characterize the ex as a money grabbing extortionist, it is fairly rare to view something like child support as a method.

When it's an NFL player, there's a lot of money to be grabbed.

I don't want to characterize it as anything. As I said, I'm waiting for the relevant details to come out. But women getting intentionally pregnant by professional athletes is not really all that rare.

gmoney112

Reaction score

If you want to characterize the ex as a money grabbing extortionist, it is fairly rare to view something like child support as a method.

Well, if she's making 300$ a week as a waitress at Applebee's, then you can take it to the house that there are women in this world that would gladly render a professional athlete's child (even an "underpaid" one like Randle) for the child support.

The fact that he wanted to have an abortion rather than consummate their relationship is a big indicator as to his opinion of her mental make up. Also, the fact that she kept it, against his will, is a further indicator, morality aside of course.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
When it's an NFL player, there's a lot of money to be grabbed.

I don't want to characterize it as anything. As I said, I'm waiting for the relevant details to come out. But women getting intentionally pregnant by professional athletes is not really all that rare.

There are shows built off of this very thing.. Although I'm not a watcher, the character of the women on these shows (to even make these shows) doesn't seem very high.

But again, we don't know the story behind his situation fully.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't and have never tried to speak for the man. He does an ample job of speaking for himself. I don't know why you doubt the ability to refile charges at the end of the investigation. It may be possible the lack of a gun being found at the scene might be explained through witness statements. One of Randle's friends likely removed it from the scene at his request. I can't wait to see what this investigation turns up.

Yeah you did. Here it is:

The investigator said the weed possession charge was dropped so that it could be included with the other forth coming charges when the investigation is done. It's better to present all the charges to the judge at the same time. It's no assumption, they are coming.

You cherry picked the quote and left out context. That is intellectually dishonest. You don't even know who or what you are quoting.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

sacase

Reaction score

Seriously? Child support is a common method to grab money and try to live the easy life. lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, it's not rare. People in the past had more kids just to get more welfare. Gold diggers see having a Pro athlete's kid as a method of getting paid.

In another realm, there are women that will have a kid as a surrogate for 10K plus a year of living arrangements.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The exact reaction I would expect.

He's a Cowboy. Check.

A lot of NFL players are not exactly intelligent. Check.

A lot have baby mammas. Check.

Wait for the facts.

Sorry, I do not need to if I am running this team.

I move on, quickly and discretely and get about the business of NFL football, which is far larger than the pathetic foibles of my second string RB.

I do not allow it to become a distraction of any kind.

If you are the CEO of a company, and you have someone dragging your brand's reputation through the mud, you make a smart choice.

In other words, you decide if that employee who is perpetually (yes, over and over again) making stupid decisions that make your brand look bad, you get rid of them.

Especially when they are as marginal as Randle is.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah you did. Here it is:

You cherry picked the quote and left out context. That is intellectually dishonest. You don't even know who or what you are quoting.

Lumpkins, you and I will never agree about this. I paraphrased what the cop said. There was absolutely no intent to deceive. You just like to argue for the sake of the argument. You do understand the charges were dropped without prejudice? That means the "context" of my post was absolutely true. Just wait and see if that drug charge comes back.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The exact reaction I would expect.

He's a Cowboy. Check.

A lot of NFL players are not exactly intelligent. Check.

A lot have baby mammas. Check.

Wait for the facts.

Sorry, I do not need to if I am running this team.

I move on, quickly and discretely and get about the business of NFL football, which is far larger than the pathetic foibles of my second string RB.

I do not allow it to become a distraction of any kind.

If you are the CEO of a company, and you have someone dragging your brand's reputation through the mud, you make a smart choice.

In other words, you decide if that employee who is perpetually (yes, over and over again) making stupid decisions that make your brand look bad, you get rid of them.

Especially when they are as marginal as Randle is.

Not sure if you're being serious here or not. I guess it's good that you'd expect people to react to a story with incomplete facts by waiting for the actual facts to come out. Your time at CZ over reacting to everything for 'comic' effect has apparently taught you at least that.

I'm not as convinced by your ready-fire-aim routine, though. Whatever Randle's problems, they aren't actually hurting the value of the Dallas Cowboys brand right now. We can readily wait for the story to come out, and weigh his off-field distractions in making our regular roster decisions.

You sure you're not just trying to find an excuse to paint reasonable posters as homers again when all they're actually doing is wondering about the actual facts of the story which obviously haven't been reported yet? Because that's sort of what it seems like with takes like these.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm glad Randle had the charges dropped but I can't help but question his judgment. He will need to do some self-reflection and grow up. Fair or unfair when you are an athlete your problems will be made public and what you do, who you hang with and your action will be closely watched.