Randle is the worst pass blocker I've seen

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
seem to me that its an ez decision to start DMC unless we want Romo on his back. Randle gets blown up in the hole

KingLerxst

Reaction score
You haven't watched much football if Randle is the worst you've seen. He still needs to work on his technique. But he seems to have a pretty good grasp of where to be and who to block. Executing that block is what he needs to continue working on.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You haven't watched much football if Randle is the worst you've seen. He still needs to work on his technique. But he seems to have a pretty good grasp of where to be and who to block. Executing that block is what he needs to continue working on.

Yep.

erod

Reaction score
Actually, he's not that bad.

And Murray was highly overrated at it. He got Romo hit a lot.

Plankton

Reaction score
Actually, he's not that bad.

And Murray was highly overrated at it. He got Romo hit a lot.

Really? When did Murray give up all of these hits?

If he was so bad at it, he wouldn't have been on the field on passing downs.

Reactions: BAT

erod

Reaction score

Murray was better than before. A couple of years ago, he ranked 51st out of 54 backs in the league.

But Randle isn't awful. He's just untested as Murray once was.

Randle is 6-foot, 210 pounds, so he's big enough to do it.

Plankton

Reaction score
Murray was better than before. A couple of years ago, he ranked 51st out of 54 backs in the league.

But Randle isn't awful. He's just untested as Murray once was.

Randle is 6-foot, 210 pounds, so he's big enough to do it.

That's not what you said. You said Murray was highly overrated at it. And, said that he gave up a lot of hits to Romo. I'm asking when this took place, because I don't recall Murray ever being bad, or even overrated as a pass protector.

And, for PFF ratings, with them not knowing the blocking assignments on any given play, their ratings are at best a guess.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not what you said. You said Murray was highly overrated at it. And, said that he gave up a lot of hits to Romo. I'm asking when this took place, because I don't recall Murray ever being bad, or even overrated as a pass protector.

And, for PFF ratings, with them not knowing the blocking assignments on any given play, their ratings are at best a guess.

Murray was pretty good at it.

I do remember him missing his responsibility in that first WAS game last year and getting Tony's head taken off.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't know about "a lot" but he did have some fails in blocking.

I reviewed all of McFadden games in 2014 and I thought he was definitely better as a blocker than Murray.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
seem to me that its an ez decision to start DMC unless we want Romo on his back. Randle gets blown up in the hole

I have concerns with Randle blocking but worst you have ever seen? You must not watch a lot of other teams or football for very long.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Randle has missed a couple of blocks this preseason one of which got Romo sacked last week. He does have some issues in pass protection and that may cost him the starting job.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Murray gave up 3 sacks on 71 block attempts last year. As for QB hits, I couldn't tell you. McFadden with over 100 blocking attempts had 0 sacks.

We at least know that we didn't downgrade with McFadden in the pass blocking department.