Randle is the worst pass blocker I've seen

conner01

Reaction score
seem to me that its an ez decision to start DMC unless we want Romo on his back. Randle gets blown up in the hole

You must not watch much football
He is not great but he does know who to block and that's the most important thing
Murray was a decent blocker but I think some really over rate his block
He was decent but not great
His issues were who to block in several cases. He blocked well but didn't always block the right guy
Because of his injury history they are going to limit dmac carries and I think that's the right approach by far

Plankton

Reaction score
Murray was pretty good at it.

I do remember him missing his responsibility in that first WAS game last year and getting Tony's head taken off.

When was this? Was it on the delayed blitz by Meriweather in the 4th quarter when Meriweather came in late, and slid inside the right tackle after Murray already committed?

Or, is it a guess as to what the responsibility was?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
seem to me that its an ez decision to start DMC unless we want Romo on his back. Randle gets blown up in the hole

Oh wait..... Nooooo way. There are many that have told me in chat during preseason game #2 that I was crazy for pointing out Randle's "softness" at the point of attack on blitz pickup. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the front office apparently sees the same mirage they see. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least.

Good luck Romo.

God speed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When was this? Was it on the delayed blitz by Meriweather in the 4th quarter when Meriweather came in late, and slid inside the right tackle after Murray already committed?

Or, is it a guess as to what the responsibility was?

Yeah. This one:

Wash%2B5%2BMerriweather.gif

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Oh wait..... Nooooo way. There are many that have told me in chat during preseason game #2 that I was crazy for pointing out Randle's "softness" at the point of attack on blitz pickup. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the front office apparently sees the same mirage they see. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least.

Good luck Romo.

God speed.

The love for Randle is super strong from some fans for some odd reason. The dude can't pass protect to save his life. It's Mcfadden or bust around on this team. They better get someone else in here as backup because no way you can count on Mcfadden or Randle with the season on the line.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Actually, he's not that bad.

And Murray was highly overrated at it. He got Romo hit a lot.

LOL the agenda on Murray continues.....

We all know that Murray was a good pass blocker. Otherwise the team wouldn't have put him most of the time.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The love for Randle is super strong from some fans for some odd reason. The dude can't pass protect to save his life. It's Mcfadden or bust around on this team. They better get someone else in here as backup because no way you can count on Mcfadden or Randle with the season on the line.

I felt violated in chat after I made mention. I almost checked myself into the ER to be examined.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Actually, he's not that bad.

And Murray was highly overrated at it. He got Romo hit a lot.

I say this all the time.

When Murray knew who to block he would stone that guy but he missed assignments in blitz pickup too much for my liking.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Murray gave up 3 sacks on 71 block attempts last year. As for QB hits, I couldn't tell you. McFadden with over 100 blocking attempts had 0 sacks.

We at least know that we didn't downgrade with McFadden in the pass blocking department.

Has MacFadden been in with over 100 blocking attempts? Or did you just make that up?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Randle's issues in pass protection really didn't show up last season coming off the bench which is why he may be coming off the bench this season if McFadden can stay healthy which I don't believe he will.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's not what you said. You said Murray was highly overrated at it. And, said that he gave up a lot of hits to Romo. I'm asking when this took place, because I don't recall Murray ever being bad, or even overrated as a pass protector.

And, for PFF ratings, with them not knowing the blocking assignments on any given play, their ratings are at best a guess.

This is one of those things that you see but you don't mark it down so you can show it to someone in a forum 9 months later.

It happened with him. Either trust it or don't but he would miss assignments.

Also, Felix Jones was a solid pass blocker and he was awful at it when he first got here.

If that guy can figure it out I believe Randle has a chance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I felt violated in chat after I made mention. I almost checked myself into the ER to be examined.

It can get pretty vicious during the live game chat especially when the Cowboys are losing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Do we have enough information to really know this?