Random Combine chatter....

RS12

Reaction score
Scott Enyeart ‏@ScottEnyeart
USC's Robert Woods with a solid 4.44
Expand

Somebody gonna be happy with him round 2, he can flat out play.

burmafrd

Reaction score
newlander;5007672 said:
....and I know ALL ABOUT Brian Kelly as he was the coach of Grand Valley State where a very close relative works. He is known for cutting corners and if you think for a SECOND that the players at ND don't coast through with laughable majors and classes you are clueless my friend. It's no coincidence Kelly turned them around this quick. One of the FIRST things he did was lower entrance standards for his football players. ND resisted with Weis and Willingham but gave Kelly what he wanted and now they're winning. They've also had some HORRIFIC off the field incidents since he became head coach.

....btw: "Academic All American" doesn't mean diddly if it's as a 'DESIGN MAJOR' in the College of ARts and Letters.....:laugh1:

you are so far past clueless its not even funny. Guess what?

All ND undergrads must pass calculus. ALL.

But then go back to your little world where you think you know something

Nirvana

Reaction score
NFLN posted the fastest ever 40 times at the combine and Orlando Scandrick was up there at 4.31. I have never seen this kind of speed from him on the field.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DFWJC;5007736 said:
Tennessee sure had some burners.

Also, A&Ms Ryan Swope put in a nice time of 4.44

Swope is my guy, I wouldn't upset with going WR in the 3rd if it's Swope. As long as Jerry didn't ALSO go WR in the 1st already.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
TheCount;5007755 said:
Swope is my guy, I wouldn't upset with going WR in the 3rd if it's Swope. As long as Jerry didn't ALSO go WR in the 1st already.

Swope Official 40 was a 4.34!

Boys122

Reaction score
Nice one handed grab by Moe in the drills. Robert Woods looked impressive.

RS12

Reaction score
Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
Tennessee WR Justin Hunter quietly killing it at combine. At 6-foot-4, ran the 40 in 4.44. Also had 39.5 vertical jump and 11'6" broad.
Expand

Dont do it Jerry.

reddyuta

Reaction score
what about Tyler bray? he has the tools and would be a nice QB to develop.

RS12

Reaction score
reddyuta;5007782 said:
what about Tyler bray? he has the tools and would be a nice QB to develop.

Jerry says they are looking at TEs and WRs.

RS12

Reaction score
Josh Kendall ‏@JoshatTheState
D.J. Swearinger says NFL people have talked to him about high hits. "They tell me it's going to be big bucks." pic.twitter.com/HmlJNOCxYk
Hide photo Reply Retweet Favorite More

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean
TCU's Josh Boyce will gain momentum in this draft process. He is underrated right now. He ran a 4.38 to earn some $$$.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Ian Kenyon ‏@IanKenyonNFL
Swope's 8.5 inch hands would worry me. That's really small.

13 mins Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN
RT @hawkblogger: Marquess Wilson is having a nice day. Leaving school on the terms he did probably costs him a round or two.
Expand

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Geno Smith ran his 40 at #NFLCombine in 4.59. Explosive speed, but his running technique isn't great. Could run 4.2, 4.3 if that improved.

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL
DJ Swearinger has met with Patriots scouts. #WEEIcombine

Chad Dinkins ‏@dinkdumpdish
Here comes the Robert Woods bandwagon.. You never should have been off of it.. DUDE IS A STUD!!
Retweeted by Larry McDaniel

reddyuta

Reaction score
RS12;5007785 said:
Jerry says they are looking at TEs and WRs.

Jerry is fricking senile,I really hope his son is in charge of the draft.

RS12

Reaction score
reddyuta;5007788 said:
Jerry is fricking senile,I really hope his son is in charge of the draft.

I honestly dont think he is blowing smoke. Broaddus has been talking TE's for a while.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RS12;5007786 said:
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Geno Smith ran his 40 at #NFLCombine in 4.59. Explosive speed, but his running technique isn't great. Could run 4.2, 4.3 if that improved.
So his form is so bad that if he fixes it he would be maybe the fastest guy ever at the combine? Oooookay Gil.

I swear, if I didn't know of Gil Brandt's background many years ago, I'd have a hard time respecting much of his hyperbole.
Every time I read an article by him I become less impressed.

Don't wish to be disrespectful, but read some of his work sometime and see if you don't agree.

reddyuta

Reaction score
RS12;5007790 said:
I honestly dont think he is blowing smoke. Broaddus has been talking TE's for a while.

I can see a WR or RB in the 3rd but i will be bummed if we do it in the first 2 rds.

lwehlers

Reaction score
RS12;5007790 said:

maybe with looking at TE's the cowboys might be looking at running more 2 tightend sets. also would help run the ball better like we had when bennett was here two years ago.

newlander

Reaction score
is harder on JJ and his yes men that me but we do need another quality tight end. Witten is getting older and Hannah has great potential but is unproven. I won't even address Phillips, he just hasn't done much since his knee injury. God forbid, but what IF Witten goes down? I can see us taking one in the 4th or 5th round. I won't bee too happy if it comes before that as we need OL, DL and Safety much more.

But they do something dumb EVERY year in the draft, so it wouldn't shock me to see a tight end taken in the 2nd or 3rd round...it really wouldn't.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lwehlers;5007819 said:
maybe with looking at TE's the cowboys might be looking at running more 2 tightend sets. also would help run the ball better like we had when bennett was here two years ago.

You saw what happened last season when we got Hana consistently lined up on a LB. If pass protection holds up, we can do that all day.

I'm sure we're looking at both TE3 candidates and speed WRs who can play outside somewhere in this draft. I'm also fairly sure we'll address OT2/3 in veteran FA and OG somewhere relatively high (round 2 or 3) in the draft. Our offensive coaches aren't stupid guys. They know what it's going to take to put the right personnel on the field once we spend resources on offensive players.