Random Combine chatter....

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
newlander;5007825 said:
is harder on JJ and his yes men that me but we do need another quality tight end. Witten is getting older and Hannah has great potential but is unproven. I won't even address Phillips, he just hasn't done much since his knee injury. God forbid, but what IF Witten goes down? I can see us taking one in the 4th or 5th round. I won't bee too happy if it comes before that as we need OL, DL and Safety much more.

But they do something dumb EVERY year in the draft, so it wouldn't shock me to see a tight end taken in the 2nd or 3rd round...it really wouldn't.

I agree. Wouldn't be surprised if a TE is drafted no later than the 3rd. Safety in the first two rounds. In the first 3 rounds we either skip out on DT or OL.

Primetime42

Reaction score
DFWJC;5007699 said:
Calm down. Good grief.

He was an Academic All Amercian. That is a fact. I'm not speculating about his classes, though ND has abetter rep than most places in that area.
If you want to make him out to be a serial killer, go for it.
I have no idea what his IQ is.
So was Dez. Your point?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
McCalebb 4.21 unofficial..........I blinked and missed him....LOL

tm1119

Reaction score
Knile Davis is just flat out impressive. 5'10 225 with 30 bench reps and a 4.3 40? Outrageous. A lot is going to depend on his medicals, but I would love to take a flier on him. Kid is a beast.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;5007830 said:
I'm sure we're looking at both TE3 candidates and speed WRs who can play outside somewhere in this draft. I'm also fairly sure we'll address OT2/3 in veteran FA and OG somewhere relatively high (round 2 or 3) in the draft. Our offensive coaches aren't stupid guys. They know what it's going to take to put the right personnel on the field once we spend resources on offensive players.

1) I wouldn't give anybody the benefit of the doubt in Dallas. Not the coaches, players and certainly not the front office. The track record speaks for itself.

2) Offensive coaches don't run the war room. Jerry Jones does. Stephen Jones is the loudest voice in his ear. I find it comical to read so many fans thinking an offensive coordinator has a lot of stroke in an NFL war room. It shows a real glaring lack of understanding of the power structure in an NFL organization.

newlander

Reaction score
Primetime42;5007841 said:
So was Dez. Your point?

....that guy is a RIOT trying to defend T'eo....:lmao:

....he says he doesn't "know what his IQ is"....either do I, but to get duped like he SUPPOSEDLY did for so long means his IQ isn't very high.....AT ALL

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
newlander;5007855 said:

....he says he doesn't "know what his IQ is"....either do I, but to get duped like he SUPPOSEDLY did for so long means his IQ isn't very high.....AT ALL

Stay classy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Biggems;5007847 said:
McCalebb 4.21 unofficial..........I blinked and missed him....LOL

Official time is 4.34.
Still blazing

DFWJC

Reaction score
newlander;5007855 said:

You need to calm down.
I told you I don't even favor Teo.
Think what you want. But don't go dissing me for no real reason.

arglebargle

Reaction score
newlander;5007855 said:

I don't think that word (IQ) means what you think it does.

Do you really want to go over the historical list of really smart people who've been duped?

RS12

Reaction score
Wes Stueve ‏@WeStueve
Likewise, I don't really care about Damontre Moore doing just 12 reps. I will still have him in the mid-20s on my board.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

This guy has to be falling but I think he can play.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS12;5007945 said:
This guy has to be falling but I think he can play.

12 reps is alarming though. It makes me wonder how hard of a worker he is to be that weak considering his size.

RS12

Reaction score
Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom
definitely 7 of top 10. Jordan count as DL? RT @shalisemyoung Mike Mayock said 7 best players in this draft, 4 OL and 3 DL

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
He just did. 248 now. RT @willbrinson: Mayock says Dion Jordan "can be an Aldon Smith type of player" but he needs to put on 20 pounds.
Expand

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN
Ugh, that comp is no good. RT @willbrinson: Mayock says Dion Jordan "can be an Aldon Smith type of player" but he needs to put on 20 pounds.

Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys
RT @jordanziemer: @me Also significant fumbling issues with Davis. Coughed it up a lot at Ark, esp. in weather.

Joe Everett ‏@RookieDraft
Very much this! RT @JoshNorris If you're looking for an "upside" WR, I'd take Corey Fuller over Marcus Davis every day of the week.
Expand

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;5007852 said:
1) I wouldn't give anybody the benefit of the doubt in Dallas. Not the coaches, players and certainly not the front office. The track record speaks for itself.

2) Offensive coaches don't run the war room. Jerry Jones does. Stephen Jones is the loudest voice in his ear. I find it comical to read so many fans thinking an offensive coordinator has a lot of stroke in an NFL war room. It shows a real glaring lack of understanding of the power structure in an NFL organization.

Obviously offensive coaches don't run the war room. But you have to believe in conspiracies if you don't think the organization collectively analyzes the team and sets priorities in terms of personnel. It's not a matter of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt. It's just a matter of whether or not their personnel analysis is right, and whether or not they're then able to position themselves to get the players/positions they've targeted.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Risen Star;5007947 said:
12 reps is alarming though. It makes me wonder how hard of a worker he is to be that weak considering his size.

Yeah, 12 speaks to a lack of dedication in the gym if nothing else.

RS12

Reaction score
Skinnypost.com ‏@Skinnypost
#Steelers met with #S Kenny Vaccaro Texas #DT Jordan Hill Penn State scheduled interviews w/ #RB Montee Ball Wisconsin #WR Robert Woods USC