Random Combine chatter....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;5008088 said:
Obviously offensive coaches don't run the war room. But you have to believe in conspiracies if you don't think the organization collectively analyzes the team and sets priorities in terms of personnel. It's not a matter of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt. It's just a matter of whether or not their personnel analysis is right, and whether or not they're then able to position themselves to get the players/positions they've targeted.

The team's been collectively analyzing and setting priorities for 17 years. They don't deserve any benefit of the doubt at all. Coaches come and go. The talent evaluators on this team haven't gone anywhere.

They shouldn't be positioning themselves for anybody or any position. That's drafting for need in code. They should be stacking their board as accurately as possible and sticking to it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Risen Star;5007947 said:
12 reps is alarming though. It makes me wonder how hard of a worker he is to be that weak considering his size.

Why??

He is clearly doing speed and agility (with world class performance in those) drills not lifting weights.

I can lift 225 more than 12 times but I suck at speed and agility. I can assure you Moore is the more rare commodity.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Idgit;5008088 said:
Obviously offensive coaches don't run the war room. But you have to believe in conspiracies if you don't think the organization collectively analyzes the team and sets priorities in terms of personnel. It's not a matter of giving anyone the benefit of the doubt. It's just a matter of whether or not their personnel analysis is right, and whether or not they're then able to position themselves to get the players/positions they've targeted.

what says they know what they are doing as regards the O line?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Ansah's ten yard split of 1.56 is simply insane. Just explosive from a pass-rushing perspective.

Avery

Reaction score
TheFinisher;5008541 said:
Brandon Williams is a bear... good lord.

I don't think first round is out of the question for him.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jterrell;5008428 said:
Why??

He is clearly doing speed and agility (with world class performance in those) drills not lifting weights.

I can lift 225 more than 12 times but I suck at speed and agility. I can assure you Moore is the more rare commodity.

well his speed is barely average for a de/olb, 4.87? i expected a lot better

Avery

Reaction score
Out of all the standup pass-rushers, I think Jordan is the guy that could make waves. Moore is taking a hit with his bench press being so low and his 40 not being top-flight even. It could cause him to drop out of the top ten.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;5008446 said:
what says they know what they are doing as regards the O line?

I"m not saying they necessarily know the best way to fix problems, but only that they know what the problem areas are. Obviously, they haven't been able to find multiple quality OL starters, but it's not been for lack of trying.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Avery;5008565 said:
Out of all the standup pass-rushers, I think Jordan is the guy that could make waves. Moore is taking a hit with his bench press being so low and his 40 not being top-flight even. It could cause him to drop out of the top ten.

He's got the numbers going for him, but those #'s are just jarring. I remember the first time I watched A&M, I couldn't point him out on the field and thought the opposing DE was him because he was much more physically imposing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS12;5008583 said:
Dont worry Burm, Archer just reported they are considering moving Free to guard. That'll fix everything.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4705986/cowboys-consider-doug-free-position-switch

Yeah, that's a weird idea, huh? Not sure if it's for-real or not, but doesn't sound like a good idea to me. It does sound like they're thinking about elevating Parnell at RT.

One thing I will say about these recent headlines. It sounds like--other than drafting an interior player--Jerry thinks Callahan is comfortable that he can make a starting OL out of what we've got. I'd feel a lot better about that plan generally if we could hear something along those lines from Callahan himself. Personally, I think we should be cutting Free, signing a veteran OT backup with experience and the ability to play multiple positions in a pinch, and then using our second/third rounder on an interior player who can push a starter hard. Try to move Mack to C where he can push Costa, and pretty much have competition across the board at the other spots in camp.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player Damontre Moore
School Texas A&M
Height 6'4
Weight 250
Off. 40 Time 4.95
Unoff. 40 Time 4.87
10-Yd Split 1.69
Bench 12
Vert 35.5