Random Speculation: Chargers to sign Prescott?

Frozen700

Reaction score
I'm retired and you called me "boy". That really did make me laugh. Block button? I don't seem to have that feature, troll.

Block, ignore same thing.

Oh so you're a old grumpy man. That explains it.

Carry on, you're stuck in your ways.

#DontpayDak

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
As much as I love to cheer on the Cowboys, it would be funny to see Prescott go to another team. Not that I would want another team to succeed, but all the fans here who literally hate Prescott would get their wish and just maybe the Messiah/next QB would play like a heap of dirt.
Herschel Walker was one of my favorite players, that worked out great and I never regretted it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Herschel Walker was one of my favorite players, that worked out great and I never regretted it.
It hurt me deeply. In the end it made sense but at the time .... I couldn't believe it. Then idiot coach of the Vikings wouldn't hardly play him because he was against the deal. Such a waste.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here's the big boo boo with this incredible moronic idea. IF, that huge word, IF the Cowboys don't get a log term contract signed before free agency starts the cowboys will place the EXCLUSIVE franchise tag on him so other teams won't be able to drive up the price. The chance of Prescott playing anywhere other than Dallas in 2020 is about the same of the bengals winning Super Bowl LV.
yup those players were considered elite at their positions , Dak is not elite not top 5 hes maybe 10th at best , thats a far cry from Ramsey or Tunsel and I thought the rams were stuipd for trading for JR and paying him that much..If this were a top 5 élite qb for sure 2 1sts all day long..this is NOT the case and youd have to be blind to see it..

so lets focus on what tier dak is and whats hes worth..its not 2 1sts and 35 mil a year..hes worth 28-30 and the FO offered a very fair deal at 32/33 and hes refused all of the offers..

thats the issue..it is not that we dont value Dak and want him here its how much hes worth..its what the FO thinks and why Daks unsigned..who blinks?

Beaker42

Reaction score
Although I don't necessarily agree, consider that non-quarterbacks such as LT Laremy Tunsil and CB Jalen Ramsey were dealt last year in packages that included two first-rounders as the article points out.......

"Sign Dak Prescott:
Crazy, right? Let's play it out. If the Dallas Cowboys continue to drag their feet on a long-term extension for their two-time Pro Bowler, they'll certainly place the franchise tag on him in the coming weeks. And if they put the non-exclusive tag on Prescott — unlikely, yes, if they go to the trouble of franchising him — the Chargers would be wise to start scheming. Prescott, 26, has further upside despite throwing for 4,902 yards and 30 TDs in 2019. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in Southern California (and everywhere), which is why Dallas holds training camp there annually — keeping Chargers Prescott jerseys in inventory might be tough."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...m-brady-or-dak-prescott-head-to-la/ar-BBZZYdq
Give me the picks and we go in a different direction.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
First thank God you have zero to do with the Cowboys. Next NO team is going to trade for Cooper who is a free agent in about a month. According to NFL rules teams can not trade players that are tagged with a non-exclusive or transitional tags. So just how are the Cowboys going to trade players that will be free agents in about a month? You can trade a player with the exclusive franchise tag and teams only get one of those a season and that has happen exact twice since the cap started. What team is going to give up all of those picks just to get negotiating right to pay those 2 players. Here's the HUGE, repeat HUGE difference between your moronic idea and the Walker trade. First Walker was BEFORE the salary cap started and second when Walker was traded he still had THREE years left on his current contract. Please stop playing wannabe GM. Not very good at it at all.

You're right on the transition tag, I'm wrong.

But I'll tell you what I got a ton of likes for a trolling message. Anytime I do anything informative it only get a couple lol.

On a serious note, I wonder what Jerry would do if the Chargers were willing to give up two first round picks for Dak going into the new LA Rams stadium to try to get some buzz. LA is a bandwagon city outside of the Lakers, so now that they have a stadium that seats more than 30k I wonder if they would consider getting a QB that is still plenty young to garner some buzz.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
yup those players were considered elite at their positions , Dak is not elite not top 5 hes maybe 10th at best , thats a far cry from Ramsey or Tunsel and I thought the rams were stuipd for trading for JR and paying him that much..If this were a top 5 élite qb for sure 2 1sts all day long..this is NOT the case and youd have to be blind to see it..

so lets focus on what tier dak is and whats hes worth..its not 2 1sts and 35 mil a year..hes worth 28-30 and the FO offered a very fair deal at 32/33 and hes refused all of the offers..

thats the issue..it is not that we dont value Dak and want him here its how much hes worth..its what the FO thinks and why Daks unsigned..who blinks?

Again you are singing the same song that Prescott has publicly said the words are wrong. Prescott has said he declined their last offer BECAUSE of the LENGTH of the contract not the AMOUNT! Second, it doesn't matter what you, me or any fan thinks. Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and Nussmeier have all said that Prescott is their QB and they are the ONLY ones this really matter to.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who? There used to be a newspaper guy in Dallas a long time ago that I couldn't stand, I think his name was Bayless but he's gone. I wonder what happened to him? Cowherd doesn't ring a bell.
Bayless is making seven figures as is Cowherd. Maybe 8 figures.
How's your financial situation? I hope good.
You deserve 9 figures.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You're right on the transition tag, I'm wrong.

But I'll tell you what I got a ton of likes for a trolling message. Anytime I do anything informative it only get a couple lol.

On a serious note, I wonder what Jerry would do if the Chargers were willing to give up two first round picks for Dak going into the new LA Rams stadium to try to get some buzz. LA is a bandwagon city outside of the Lakers, so now that they have a stadium that seats more than 30k I wonder if they would consider getting a QB that is still plenty young to garner some buzz.

And I wonder what it would be like if I won the lottery, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Maybe you can think about the Chargers trading their entire draft picks for Prescott and Elliott but that's not going to happen either. There is only one Ricky Williams and Ditka.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Again you are singing the same song that Prescott has publicly said the words are wrong. Prescott has said he declined their last offer BECAUSE of the LENGTH of the contract not the AMOUNT! Second, it doesn't matter what you, me or any fan thinks. Jerry, Stephen, McCarthy and Nussmeier have all said that Prescott is their QB and they are the ONLY ones this really matter to.

I wonder about that. If you remember the taped interview he did, he had the opportunity to make his demands clear.

Instead he opted for the "you tell me" answer when he was asked point blank if he thought he was worth $40 million. He didn't come over as polite or easy to work with in that interview. At least a few people around the league were left less than impressed by his demeanor.