Random things you are sick of...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'm sick of the local news, hell, come to think of it, I'm sick of the national news too. Those pompous, overdramatic, wanna-be journalist, hairspray covered, bad joke telling local news hacks just piss me off. And is the news ever about the issues? Ya know, maybe the pros and cons of a bill being passed right now? Nope, murder and sex crimes are always the news for the day, with of course, a small thirty second anecdote about the poor lady who got a $35,000,000 bill from her power company. Those jokers!

I'm sick of writers or filmmakers who are called geniuses for pointing out the obvious. Remember the guy who made "Supersize Me?" How noble of him to take one for the team and eat at McDonald's everyday for a month. :rolleyes: And the big conclusion of this experiment is that people who eat at McDonald's get fat and are more susceptible to heart disease? No bleep?! Holy moley Batman, I can't believe it's true!

I'm also sick of dogs. Dogs are not man's best friend. They're not faithful. They're just stupid animals that don't know any better. You set a dried turd next to a dog and chances are he'll chew on that thing. I'm sorry, but at least a cat has the dignity to look at you as if he's asking, "*** are you trying to do to me?" Dogs have no grace, and that tongue on them, especially if they're a licker, has been everywhere from a cheap massage parlor in Thailand to the local neighbor dog's you-know-what. Maybe I've just had too many stupid dogs.

Closely related to all of this, I'm sick of scientists who release new studies that prove something we've known all this time. You know what I'm talking about. There's always a link at CNN's website or a tidbit in the local news, because these folks in the news feel like they just have to remind us that people who get eight hours of sleep are less prone to disease and fatigue; or that teaching abstinence in schools to a bunch of horndog hormone-crazy teenagers who are bombarded by sex 24/7 just doesn't prevent.... well, sex. No way Einstein! I never would have guessed these things! And you spent how much from that grant to figure this out? :eek:

...Oh, and I'm also sick of bitter jerk-offs who can't do anything better than betch and moan on the internet about things they're sick of. Wait a sec....

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I'm sick of the local news, hell, come to think of it, I'm sick of the national news too. Those pompous, overdramatic, wanna-be journalist, hairspray covered, bad joke telling local news hacks just piss me off. And is the news ever about the issues? Ya know, maybe the pros and cons of a bill being passed right now? Nope, murder and sex crimes are always the news for the day, with of course, a small thirty second anecdote about the poor lady who got a $35,000,000 bill from her power company. Those jokers!

I'm sick of writers or filmmakers who are called geniuses for pointing out the obvious. Remember the guy who made "Supersize Me?" How noble of him to take one for the team and eat at McDonald's everyday for a month. :rolleyes: And the big conclusion of this experiment is that people who eat at McDonald's get fat and are more susceptible to heart disease? No bleep?! Holy moley Batman, I can't believe it's true!

I'm also sick of dogs. Dogs are not man's best friend. They're not faithful. They're just stupid animals that don't know any better. You set a dried turd next to a dog and chances are he'll chew on that thing. I'm sorry, but at least a cat has the dignity to look at you as if he's asking, "*** are you trying to do to me?" Dogs have no grace, and that tongue on them, especially if they're a licker, has been everywhere from a cheap massage parlor in Thailand to the local neighbor dog's you-know-what. Maybe I've just had too many stupid dogs.

Closely related to all of this, I'm sick of scientists who release new studies that prove something we've known all this time. You know what I'm talking about. There's always a link at CNN's website or a tidbit in the local news, because these folks in the news feel like they just have to remind us that people who get eight hours of sleep are less prone to disease and fatigue; or that teaching abstinence in schools to a bunch of horndog hormone-crazy teenagers who are bombarded by sex 24/7 just doesn't prevent.... well, sex. No way Einstein! I never would have guessed these things! And you spent how much from that grant to figure this out? :eek:

...Oh, and I'm also sick of bitter jerk-offs who can't do anything better than betch and moan on the internet about things they're sick of. Wait a sec....

:eek: No really, what really makes you sick and ticks you off.... :D

BTW... Dogs are awesome!!! I had mine until he passed away at age 16. I watched him be born and took him home when he was 4 weeks.... Beau was the best dog ever...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hilarious, TBC!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed that post even more than that 50 Folks Who Need to Catch a Serious Pummeling article..

you could write for that site. :)

And I'd love to hear your 'candidates'.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:
:eek: No really, what really makes you sick and ticks you off.... :D

BTW... Dogs are awesome!!! I had mine until he passed away at age 16. I watched him be born and took him home when he was 4 weeks.... Beau was the best dog ever...
You can have my 124 lb pit bull if you want another dog :D

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I was following you until this ridiculous statement.
DOGS RULE. Period.
I love my dog as I have loved all of the dogs I had before him and will love every dog I have after him. He is my loyal companion and best friend.
Apparently, you need to try a different breed. My dog is a genius. (Border Collie/Lab mix)

The more people I meet... the more I like my dog.

On a side note... one thing I'm sick of is people who are not dog people that own dogs. I'm not necessarily saying you are one of these people TruBlue but I can't stand these people who have dogs and yet do nothing but complain about them. They don't pet them, they don't love them, they don't play with them. They just cahin them up in the yard and leave em. These are generally the same people who beat their dogs and yell at them like they are idiots all of the time. Why do they even own one?

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
junk said:
Commercials before movies. I remember the good old days where you had 2 or 3 previews and it was go time.

Now you have five commercials, a theatre commercial, a turn off your cell phone commercial and 12 previews. 7 of which are sequels to movies that were marginal to begin with.

The Son of the Mask?
Transporter 2?

I disagree, and am probably in the minority by doing so. For me the previous ae sometimes the best part of the movie (if it turns out to be a bad movie) because its like watching 5 or 6 mini-movies.

Qwickdraw said:
DOGS RULE. Period.
I love my dog as I have loved all of the dogs I had before him and will love every dog I have after him. He is my loyal companion and best friend.
Apparently, you need to try a different breed. My dog is a genius. (Border Collie/Lab mix)

On a side note... one thing I'm sick of is people who are not dog people that own dogs. I'm not necessarily saying you are one of these people TruBlue but I can't stand these people who have dogs and yet do nothing but complain about them. They don't pet them, they don't love them, they don't play with them. They just cahin them up in the yard and leave em. These are generally the same people who beat their dogs and yell at them like they are idiots all of the time. Why do they even own one?

I agree 100%

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Im sick and tired of video games that see how raunchy they can get to make people buy them. GTA is the worst game I have ever played.

Im sick and tired of hear President Bush talk and pause every 2 seconds and say the same thing every speech.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
TheKey said:
Im sick and tired of video games that see how raunchy they can get to make people buy them. GTA is the worst game I have ever played.

I think GTA is a hoot, but not just because it is raunchy (thats an added bonus). Its actually a new generation of video game programming with its open environment. Say what you want about it, but the programming behind GTA is flat out amazing.

Now having said that, I do get a chuckle out of the various escapades that you can get yourself into on the game. I am not above some low brow humor.

Would I let my kids near it if I had any? Not a chance.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
DOGS RULE. Period.

Totally agree!

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Once again, not directed at you TruBlue, but most of the time the people who beat their dogs are the same people that are bad parents. You can learn alot about someone parenting tendencies by how they treat their pet.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Once again, not directed at you TruBlue, but most of the time the people who beat their dogs are the same people that are bad parents. You can learn alot about someone parenting tendencies by how they treat their pet.

Wait a sec, all I did was author a tongue-in-cheek post about how dogs are one of the most overrated animals, and now I'm an animal abuser. I can see that my opinion of dogs not being very high on the food chain has bothered you. :p:

So while we're on this topic, I have another thing that I am sick of: People who think animals are the same as humans. I'm not saying I approve of cruelty to animals, but some people, from political activist groups to your friendly 75 year old granny neighbors, just go too far in their appraisal of creatures that lick their own doodads. I was watching the news the other day, and they had a flashback of the Siegfried and Roy show where a tiger attacked one of the gay looking guys - wait, that's both of them - well, you get the picture... one of those dudes was seriously mauled. Anyways, at the end of the report, the newscaster tells us, "Authorities are still trying to find out what caused the animal to attack." What caused it?? How about the fact that it's a bleeping tiger!! I don't care how cuddly and tame you think it is, that 600 pound predator don't give a damn about your Vegas lounge act.

Boy, this thread is great, I'm venting years of frustration! :D

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Wait a sec, all I did was author a tongue-in-cheek post about how dogs are one of the most overrated animals, and now I'm an animal abuser. I can see that my opinion of dogs not being very high on the food chain has bothered you. :p:

So while we're on this topic, I have another thing that I am sick of: People who think animals are the same as humans. I'm not saying I approve of cruelty to animals, but some people, from political activist groups to your friendly 75 year old granny neighbors, just go too far in their appraisal of creatures that lick their own doodads. I was watching the news the other day, and they had a flashback of the Siegfried and Roy show where a tiger attacked one of the gay looking guys - wait, that's both of them - well, you get the picture... one of those dudes was seriously mauled. Anyways, at the end of the report, the newscaster tells us, "Authorities are still trying to find out what caused the animal to attack." What caused it?? How about the fact that it's a bleeping tiger!! I don't care how cuddly and tame you think it is, that 600 pound predator don't give a damn about your Vegas lounge act.

Boy, this thread is great, I'm venting years of frustration! :D
Please dont misunderstand me. I was making a general gripe about people I personally know who treat their pets like garbage.
Once again, not directed at you at all. Your dog comments just sparked an entire other pet peev of mine.

I agree about people who take it too far. I love my dogs but I know their place as well as they do. They are dogs, not people. There is a difference.

I think people who play with tigers, alligators, snakes and such deserve to be maimed, mauled, bit, dismembered, or whatever. How stupid can you be? Especially people who think reptiles such as snakes and crocs can be interacted with like mammals. Not gonna happen, moron. They are coldblooded creatures. Strictly instinctual and very, very unpredictable. Keep sticking your head in a gator's mouth, genius... see if anyone cries for you when you lose it.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Please dont misunderstand me. I was making a general gripe about people I personally know who treat their pets like garbage.
Once again, not directed at you at all. Your dog comments just sparked an entire other pet peev of mine.

I agree about people who take it too far. I love my dogs but I know their place as well as they do. They are dogs, not people. There is a difference.

I think people who play with tigers, alligators, snakes and such deserve to be maimed, mauled, bit, dismembered, or whatever. How stupid can you be? Especially people who think reptiles such as snakes and crocs can be interacted with like mammals. Not gonna happen, moron. They are coldblooded creatures. Strictly instinctual and very, very unpredictable. Keep sticking your head in a gator's mouth, genius... see if anyone cries for you when you lose it.

That's how ya do it Qwick.. let it out. Release your anger and join the dark sid.... I mean, add to this thread. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TBC....YOU DIRTY DOG HATER, DOG BEATER and GIRLY MAN KITTY CAT LOVING, LITTER BOX CHANGING COMMIE!!!!

;) :lmao: :p:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
TBC....YOU DIRTY DOG HATER, DOG BEATER and GIRLY MAN KITTY CAT LOVING, LITTER BOX CHANGING COMMIE!!!!

;) :lmao: :p:

And I also think The Godfather III was almost as good as the first two, poker is more a game of chance than it is skill, red wine can go with fish just as well as white wine, and Bud Light tastes great, not less filling! So there! :mad: :p:

By the way, that poker comment reminds me of something else I'm sick of. I'm sick of how trendy poker is now, and how everyone claims it's a game of skill. I can't escape Ben Affleck playing with Screech from Saved by the Bell, because there's always some celebrity poker tourney on my TV, instead of quality programming such as Super Bowl XXVII, or Super Bowl XXVIII, or really any game that involved the Cowboys. If poker is all about the skills, then why is it that every other year, the World Series of Poker champion is some schmuck named Al whose past playing experience only includes the weekend get-together with his buddies? Do you ever see Al watch Monday Night Football every week, tell his buddies how he would have done better, and then see him coaching an NFL team to the Super Bowl the following year? My point exactly. Having talent at reading people and bluffing is great and all, but if the cards ain't coming the way you want, you ain't winning nothing.

Hoov

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

As long as your not dealing with poisonous snakes....i know lots of people who have snakes for pets and have not had problems. I think if you are going to have a snake for a pet you should really know and understand the animal (well, that goes for all pets). There are certain things that will set an animal's instincts off and you need to behave appropriately.

I dont have pets right now, cause i dont have much time to devote to one. Some people have pets and it just becomes an extra chore, gotta stop in for 20 minutes after work to let the dog out for a pee before going to meet everyone downtown, and their animals just live caged up most of the time.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
just go too far in their appraisal of creatures that lick their own doodads.

You would if you could and you know it.