Randy Gregory’s agent gives their version of decision to ditch Cowboys for Broncos

terra

Reaction score
If not for the Boys patience and putting up with him he would have NO CAREER AT ALL. Think on that, pot head.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
So basically, his "version" of the story validates what the cowboys have been saying. This is standard, boilerplate language used in all of their contracts (except Dak because he negotiated it out).

This shouldn't have been a surprise as Gregory's previous contracts had this same language. If he really wanted to stay, he would have simply had them remove it.

Also, equal money is actually more money from Dallas because of no State Income tax.
Was gonna post that but you beat me to it

Reactions: Ken

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would be shocked if it said fined. You could get fined after a game for a personal foul. I really don't believe his story.
yeah it sounds fishy, show us the language in a picture!
I dont think even stevy would be stupid enough to write that into a contract.

From what fish showed us on his vid the paragraph is the same on all contracts. That page is probably a generic page inserted into all contracts.
I dont think they type up each individual contract.
They would have a template contract, and just insert different names dates money amounts etc.
Only a few pages would be new for that player.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The most troubling thing about this is the level of incompetence of S Jones. Jerry essential l tried to save the deal. Folks when the young one takes total control there will be dark days the likes this franchise has never seen.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could see them adding language that would wipe out money if he were to get suspended for another failed drug test. Adding language to do that in the event of a fine? That's a bit much, especially when defensive players get fined for not cradling the QB softly enough to the ground so I don't blame him there.

Anyways, he wasn't worth the kind of money he was getting...bullet dodged.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree he didn’t want to be here
I think the clause may have triggered him but it also made him realize he would prefer a fresh start where there wasn’t all the baggage around his ‘bad behavior’

honestly it may be the right move for him and everyone concerned.

time to move on and replace him

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
“No other teams have that language in their contracts,” Schaffer told PFT. “No other teams. Never in 30 years have I seen that language.”

Teams usually void guarantees in the event of a suspension. The Cowboys void guarantees in the event of a fine.

Fish asserts that the Cowboys' language only makes explicit language that is already part of the CBA, and is a standard part of Cowboy contracts.

That's the crux of his argument. What people used to call "facts".

There is a lot of blah blah blahing on this, but if you're not supplying the relevant text of the CBA and the Cowboy contracts, it's all just talky talk.

Praxit

Reaction score
..well, with all his extracurricular activities from the past. Jones just protecting themselves. But Denver will find out the hard way.

When the team is singing "Rocky Mountain High" ... with Gregory on the mic.

vlad

Reaction score
If that clause really exists like that and if that is unique to the Cowboys then as an agent you’d be foolish to suggest your client sign here imho.

If every team has that language then yeah I guess he just wanted to be somewhere for another reason, maybe because they care about winning

MyFairLady

Reaction score
How dare they ask him to be responsible for his own actions. Randy is a special baby and gets special baby treatment or baby takes his ball and goes home.

Flamma

Reaction score
If that clause really exists like that and if that is unique to the Cowboys then as an agent you’d be foolish to suggest your client sign here imho.

If every team has that language then yeah I guess he just wanted to be somewhere for another reason, maybe because they care about winning

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but I think winning is one of the least concerns for 95% of the players. They want money. And it doesn't matter how much they already have, they'll move heaven and earth to get more. They'll pick up their entire family, move across the country to a winter wasteland for 2 million more on a 100M dollar contract. You think Rodgers cares if Adams plays for the Packers anymore? I think money messes with people's brains. Like a sickness.

Creeper

Reaction score
Randy Gregory and his agent, Peter Schaffer, weren’t going to get into a back and forth with the Cowboys over Gregory’s decision to not sign with Dallas but to instead jump to Denver. But since the Cowboys are complaining to reporters about what transpired, Schaffer has decided to tell Gregory’s story.

Schaffer told PFT by phone on Tuesday evening that he had negotiated an agreement between Gregory and the Broncos, and that it was basically done on Monday night. Then, the Cowboys got heavily involved.

Per Schaffer, owner and G.M. Jerry Jones got Gregory on the phone to make the pitch. The Cowboys increased their offer to match Denver’s. As Schaffer tells it, the Cowboys told Gregory, “‘We love you, we will support you. This is the best place for you. We know who you are.'”

Gregory then decided not to sign with the Broncos, and to stay with the Cowboys. But next came the actual contract from the Cowboys. Schaffer said he was surprised to find language wiping out all guarantees in the event of any fine imposed by the NFL.

“No other teams have that language in their contracts,” Schaffer told PFT. “No other teams. Never in 30 years have I seen that language.”

Teams usually void guarantees in the event of a suspension. The Cowboys void guarantees in the event of a fine.

Schaffer said that the move bothered Gregory. The Cowboys had fallen behind in the negotiations, and then Jerry got personally involved. He cited the personal relationship, the familiarity.

Randy Gregory’s agent gives their version of decision to ditch Cowboys for Broncos (msn.com)

We now know this is a lie. Not only do the Cowboys have the same language in all their contracts, with the exception of Dak, but the same language is in contracts for players who have the same agent as Gregory. So he has seen this language before.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would be shocked if it said fined. You could get fined after a game for a personal foul. I really don't believe his story.
That's what I've been thinking while reading. There is simply more to the story.

kskboys

Reaction score
unless I’m reading it wrong, this could be a fine for a late hit. Doesn’t mean Dallas would void guarantees, but if he’s in the midst of a sub par season, they could entertain the idea
Gregory has never had a non-subpar season.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
who cares? Every sack he made was countered by a bonehead crushing penalty and that’s when he was available which wasn’t often due to his love of drugs over team .
he’s over rated and i predict suspension