Twitter: Randy Gregory comments about Jerry

coult44

Reaction score
But exactly. We already have Micah and Tank. They are our edge rushers. He really isn't needed at that point. He isn't good enough to let Micah not rush the passer.

You haven’t been listening to Jerry and SJ and Fat Mike have you? MP is not going to be a full time edge guy. We are going to watch the best pass rusher in the league be stuck in the middle of the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I see what you did there. Lol. I like your sense of depravity.

I wanted Gregory but he choose to back out of the deal because of the protective clause the Cowboys put into his contract. Given Gregory history I don't blame the Cowboys and would have demanded the same. In terms of play, Armstrong was every bit as good as Gregory in terms of the stats they put up from sacks to tackles to pressure not a big difference.

Praxit

Reaction score
..haha... but when NFL was constantly taking his job away, Mr. Jones was there to foot the check. Gee, what happened to loyalty?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Should have been cut years ago.

He should have been but Jerry’s ego wouldn’t allow it. He kept giving him chance after chance after chance and now Gregory is being ungrateful. This is a big slap in Jerry’s face.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Randy: you’re not a war daddy.

Gregory was a war daddy for about 6 games his whole career here. They just happen to be last year. Lets not forget that this guy was a no show in the playoff game. Although that was understandable playing against the best LT in the game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s more War Daddy than Armstrong and anyone else we have not named Micah or Tank. It kill’s me how folks get mad for people talking about Jerry. But we all know what people say is true!
Nobody is claiming Jerry is good at his job or doesn't have real flaws, but what you are missing is that Jerry took a chance on Gregory in the draft, and stood by him for 7 years while he screwed up repeatedly, and averaged only 7 games per year over those 7 years because of his screwing up. Gregory might not even be in the NFL at this point without Jerry standing by him.

visionary

Reaction score
Randy Gregory turned out to be the ungrateful, butthurt feelings little boy who fled to another home because his daddy who defended and supported him when no one else would suddenly requested he sign a piece of paper for a new contract to hold Gregory responsible if he ever decided to go do drugs ever again (which would cost the team once more) moving forward.

Randy Gregory never appreciated or grew up.

LOL, grow up
NFL is a business
Jerry is an idiot and doesn’t understand that

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nobody is claiming Jerry is good at his job or doesn't have real flaws, but what you are missing is that Jerry took a chance on Gregory in the draft, and stood by him for 7 years while he screwed up repeatedly, and averaged only 7 games per year over those 7 years because of his screwing up. Gregory might not even be in the NFL at this point without Jerry standing by him.

True, frankly I would have cut him. What he did cause was the need for a DE because of suspensions.

visionary

Reaction score

you know that story about the turtle and the snake and crossing the lake? The fault resides with the turtle as well as the snake

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "war daddy" comment was earned by Booger when he said that, which his DE's didn't appreciate.

Just like when he said Romo was the only one that could play behind that OL. Did he think that pumped his OL up?

And just today he makes the joke about Taco Charleton, only I don't think Charleton was laughing. Charleton didn't pick himself.