Twitter: Randy Gregory eligible to return to practice this week

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Is he worth someone else's roster spot at this point?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Is he eligible to return soon or not?

Yeah -- those tweets are clear as mud on that topic.

It's nice that Gregory can practice with the team at all, but it doesn't mean a lot if he can't play until late 2017.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Is he worth someone else's roster spot at this point?

if here were healthy and motivated, yes.

Ryan Davis, Benson Mayowa, Mark sanchez

all would be candidates. Not sure they want to go so light with gregory and mayowa but I could see them releasing davis if gregory was eligible and ready to play.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah -- those tweets are clear as mud on that topic.

It's nice that Gregory can practice with the team at all, but it doesn't mean a lot if he can't play until late 2017.

mike fisher has been saying they won't announce his new suspension until he is eligible to play....Not sure if I believe that or not.

if they are awaiting the appeal and expecting it to be upheld then I guess I get what he is saying.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing that his latest issue was that he missed a test which is automatically deemed a positive test result. If he is appealing, maybe there was a mistake made by the league or the testing company. Who knows what happened but if they are going to let him start practicing and not issue a ruling on the appeal, maybe that is a good sign. It is taking much longer than McClain's deal so maybe there is some good news coming.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's funny, because he mentions a suspension being under appeal however the Cowboys and the NFL have both never said there was another infraction. As of right now, it would appear that he should be eligible for our last two games.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
mike fisher has been saying they won't announce his new suspension until he is eligible to play....Not sure if I believe that or not.

if they are awaiting the appeal and expecting it to be upheld then I guess I get what he is saying.

Did they do that with McClain?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Is that what they typically do?

Did they do that with Josh Gordon and others?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If eligible to return but not play until Det game then he will have time in practice to show the coaches he is ready. Upside is he has been working out at the star on regular basis and attending team meetings. If he is able to return I would think his snaps will be limited

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Is that what they typically do?

Did they do that with Josh Gordon and others?

I honestly do not know. It always seems pretty randomly timed.

I mean it would seem odd if the monday before week 16 they suspend him again and Dallas had him practicing and taking reps from guys that will play.

Kind of like that commercial where the old man has the dollar bill on the fishing pole and keeps taking it back.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's eligible week 16, says right in the OP lol

Even if he did fail/miss another drug test, he's eligible to play while it's under appeal, once the previous suspension is up.

The Eagles Right Tackle appealed a suspension and made it a few weeks.

This suspension hasn't even been given yet, right? If he appeals it shouldn't he be able to play?

Reaction score
It's funny, because he mentions a suspension being under appeal however the Cowboys and the NFL have both never said there was another infraction. As of right now, it would appear that he should be eligible for our last two games.
correct, recall reading that as well. The whole Gregory situation is confusing. Who is he appealing to and for what if the league is quoted as saying it hasn't issued an additional suspension? I think they all are smoking something! LOL