Twitter: Randy Gregory eligible to return to practice this week

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
They'll probably pull the rug out from under us

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The suspension is pending upon appeal. If the appeal is rejected, he will be suspended again. If not, he will play against Detroit.

So they have recognized that he failed another drug test? The NFL themselves reported this?

Because last I heard they didn't know of another failed test.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing that his latest issue was that he missed a test which is automatically deemed a positive test result. If he is appealing, maybe there was a mistake made by the league or the testing company. Who knows what happened but if they are going to let him start practicing and not issue a ruling on the appeal, maybe that is a good sign. It is taking much longer than McClain's deal so maybe there is some good news coming.

Nah, how many times does this "missed a test" defense hold up? Rarely if ever. HE gone.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The Eagles Right Tackle appealed a suspension and made it a few weeks.

This suspension hasn't even been given yet, right? If he appeals it shouldn't he be able to play?

Maybe Goodell finally realizes it will be good for the leagues bottom line to have the Cowboys advance has far in the playoffs as possible and slow walks this appeal until the seasons over.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Even if he is eligible to return how long can he really be counted on, till the next drug test? Only way he will last in the league is if the NFL changes the drug policy and allows weed for medicinal purposes.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Nobody is pulling the rug from anybody. Gregory has put himself in this position by his actions.

That's true.

I meant the NFL will wait until our hopes are up before dashing them successfully.

Wasn't talking about the team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nah, how many times does this "missed a test" defense hold up? Rarely if ever. HE gone.

didn't it work this year for leveon bell. I thought they reduced his suspension after he appealed on the missing a test angle.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is he worth someone else's roster spot at this point?

If by some act of God he shows in practice he has some wiggle from the outside, I am sure we could find a roster spot for him.

I have my doubts he's going to be effective this late in the game, let alone even practice this week.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
didn't it work this year for leveon bell. I thought they reduced his suspension after he appealed on the missing a test angle.

Reduced from 4 games to 3 games.

Must've been his first suspension.

Have we even got confirmation that Gregory failed a 2nd test?

SoBlue128

Reaction score

I could swear I remember reading that Gregory missed a test cause he was in rehab. I would like to think if true that it's a justifiable excuse.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Gregory more than for his pass rush.

This isn't a story like Ricky Williams who just wanted to smoke no matter what. Those who haven't lived with a family member dealing with depression and anxiety just can't relate at all. Whether it's alcohol or sex or drugs, it's self-medication; they don't just "not care about football" or have no self-discipline. It's no different than when people are driven to suicide, in which case they aren't thinking about who will be hurt or that they may feel differently in an hour. I've heard suicide survivors say they were so depressed that they couldn't think about the next 30 seconds.

Gregory sounds like he has a real issue. It's not a guy feeling nervous and trying to calm down with a toke; anxiety can be debilitating to where one thinks he's having a heart attack, and it can be depressing to the point one thinks death may be a better answer.

I'd love to see this kid out on the football field, smiling.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's funny, because he mentions a suspension being under appeal however the Cowboys and the NFL have both never said there was another infraction. As of right now, it would appear that he should be eligible for our last two games.

That's the impression i'm under as well.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

I agree but why would the players union appeal a open and shut case? I know it's not likely but if someone on the other side got the dates mixed up or showed up late it could get thrown out. Without any facts, we are left to speculate. The lack of information makes this case confusing. McClain's deal was announced and done in a few weeks. We are going on months since Gregory's was first announced.

manster4ever

Reaction score
If by some act of God he shows in practice he has some wiggle from the outside, I am sure we could find a roster spot for him.

I have my doubts he's going to be effective this late in the game, let alone even practice this week.

He COULD be IMHO if they've worked his butt off, he's clean and motivated. We know he has talent. Another 10-15 pounds on his frame would be another nice surprise too.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Bottom line to me: This team is doing everything they can with this guy for a few obvious reasons:

1) D.End pressuring the QB is the last potential piece to the SB puzzle this year
2) they have millions invested in him already: why hold back now?
3) he's a decent kid who just can't seem to get out of his own way. Not a BAD guy, but he has issues. Why toss him on the trash heap? Hoping for the best after reading what you guys have laid out.

Hardline

Reaction score
Now that he can officially come back. This would be a great opportunity for him to gather up his belongings, empty his locker and be shown the door.