Twitter: Randy Gregory expected to meet with NFL this week

Smashin222

Reaction score
Smoking anything is putting burning ash and benzopyrene into your lungs, deny science I think not.

Doesn't matter whether it's pot, tobacco, lawn grass, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, or Longbottom leaf. Smoking anything causes lung cancer.

Awesome, so you have no problem with edibles? Vapor products? :facepalm:

No offense but some guy on the internet peddling bad talking points loses the argument about science by not engaging the actual data produced by experts (see the literature review by the Dana Farber Institute). You can feel free to fight the Dana Farber institute on what causes and doesn't cause cancer, but I'm gonna go w/them. You'll note I'm producing well-respected publications (Dana Farber, peer reviewed journals).

The reason you doubled down on a very simplistic "put benzopyrene in lungs therefore cancer" argument instead of pointing me to a credible review of the literature is because, for some reason, the link between smoking marijuana and the development has categorically not been established by existing studies. A few hypothesis exist for this counter intuitive result, one of which is that THC and CBD demonstrate anti-carcinogenic properties and may be offsetting some of the risk introduced by smoking. Here's some toilet reading for you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

The fact that you're focused on the method of intake (smoking) rather than the substance (marijuana) nullifies most of your argument as well. Numerous other ways have been established as safe and don't involve the inhalation of smoke (like vaporizing or edibles).

Smashin222

Reaction score

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Awesome, so you have no problem with edibles? Vapor products? :facepalm:

No offense but some guy on the internet peddling bad talking points loses the argument about science by not engaging the actual data produced by experts (see the literature review by the Dana Farber Institute). You can feel free to fight the Dana Farber institute on what causes and doesn't cause cancer, but I'm gonna go w/them. You'll note I'm producing well-respected publications (Dana Farber, peer reviewed journals).

The reason you doubled down on a very simplistic "put benzopyrene in lungs therefore cancer" argument instead of pointing me to a credible review of the literature is because, for some reason, the link between smoking marijuana and the development has categorically not been established by existing studies. A few hypothesis exist for this counter intuitive result, one of which is that THC and CBD demonstrate anti-carcinogenic properties and may be offsetting some of the risk introduced by smoking. Here's some toilet reading for you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

The fact that you're focused on the method of intake (smoking) rather than the substance (marijuana) nullifies most of your argument as well. Numerous other ways have been established as safe and don't involve the inhalation of smoke (like vaporizing or edibles).
Yeah, you can make cannabis nutella cookies or brownies and it's probably not much less harmful than having a lot of Nyquil and Monster together

But smoking ANYTHING... pot, tobacco, herbs, crack cocaine, grass, gunpowder, kitchen products... release toxic chemicals, most significantly benopyrene which is clinically proven to directly cause aggressive metastatic lung cancer in humans in other mammals. That is the bottom line.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
New data shows that 90% of individuals involved in fatal accidents had coca-cola in their systems.
wWobqow.png

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
His weight is reportedly up to 255 lbs. Hopefully, it's more solid muscle than fat. ;)
Blimey!
Me mum says he should be at 230 for agility. But what does she know? She is bitter because her square dance caller boyfriend skipped town with her bobcat dirt pusher.

And, well ...
The NFL average is 269, so RG's 255 is not out of order.
But you want to bet RG will be plenty winded in camp? I don't believe for a moment he is in aerobics shape.
We shall see, creek amphibian!

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder how much you must have ingested to get yourself in such a state?? :omg:

(In chipmunk voice)
Oh, what a night!
Late December back in 1993 ....

Yes, way too much. It was for research, mind you. No side effects except that 4-county crime spree...and waking up next to Sandra Dee next morning.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Blimey!
Me mum says he should be at 230 for agility. But what does she know? She is bitter because her square dance caller boyfriend skipped town with her bobcat dirt pusher.

And, well ...
The NFL average is 269, so RG's 255 is not out of order.
But you want to bet RG will be plenty winded in camp? I don't believe for a moment he is in aerobics shape.
We shall see, creek amphibian!
Sorry @Bullflop I misttook you for the rarely seen @Bull Frog.
Forgive me, good lad.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeah, you can make cannabis nutella cookies or brownies and it's probably not much less harmful than having a lot of Nyquil and Monster together

But smoking ANYTHING... pot, tobacco, herbs, crack cocaine, grass, gunpowder, kitchen products... release toxic chemicals, most significantly benopyrene which is clinically proven to directly cause aggressive metastatic lung cancer in humans in other mammals. That is the bottom line.

Millennial! I am your father, and I am sorry for spawning an idiot!

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Millennial! I am your father, and I am sorry for spawning an idiot!
Baby boomers are the idiots because they've smoked by far the most tobacco in the history of mankind and have had the most lung cancer cases, recently topping their parents... the depressionaries.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
(In chipmunk voice)
Oh, what a night!
Late December back in 1993 ....

Yes, way too much. It was for research, mind you. No side effects except that 4-county crime spree...and waking up next to Sandra Dee next morning.

You lead a charmed life for sure! I feel tremendously privileged just to say I knew ye! :rolleyes:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry @Bullflop I misttook you for the rarely seen @Bull Frog.
Forgive me, good lad.

Not a problem. Bullfrog's just an overly curious amphibian, to be sure. Randy will likely be just a tad short of aerobic conditioning.

It's actually not an uncommon fate for those who've been relatively inactive for the last two years. I'm simply hoping he'll recover.

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Baby boomers are the idiots because they've smoked by far the most tobacco in the history of mankind and have had the most lung cancer cases, recently topping their parents... the depressionaries.
Everyone smoked because of all the major wars

No one thought they were coming back from WWII and Vietnam just sucked ...... they handed them out like candy.... a lot of downtime

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Everyone smoked because of all the major wars

No one thought they were coming back from WWII and Vietnam just sucked ...... they handed them out like candy.... a lot of downtime
Vietnam was an awful waste of tax dollars and human capital. It was. Set America back a good little ways. WWII was necessary. But by the 1960s it was known that smoking caused cancer.