Randy Gregory has 1 sack and 21 tackles in 17 career games

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Yeah it's the reason I kept asking why everyone was acting like he was this proven great pass rusher we were getting back this year. He's done next to nothing in the NFL so far.

No. He's Jason Taylor. Ahhh, gotta love the offseason threads that pop up.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Any minute now, he's going to prove everyone wrong. Then he'll get suspended and prove almost everyone right.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Its really starting to look like Gregory will never live up to the hype. 1 sack in that many games is alarming for a player that is supposed to have elite pass rushing skills.

With that said, what do you think his ceiling is?

A good rotational player?

Solid starter?

Pro-Bowl Caliber?

Overratted. Time to cut the problem child

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Very cheap with high potential. Why not keep him?

If he does not live up to the hype, there is the door.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He was the chosen one by Jerry so he'll get the chances.

That being said, he still may blossom but not betting on it
this is where i am. if he can come in and be a solid rotational player, more power to him. he just needs to stop the boneheaded crap that gets us penalties. he's not good enough to overcome that in the end yet.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It took almost 4 years for clowny to breakout, I view Randy in a similar mold. It's all about development potential and he has the physical tools to be a good passrushers if he can refine his technique. Oh and he's cheap.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He has been so small out there....to the point of embarrassing. Taco has been much, much better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah it's the reason I kept asking why everyone was acting like he was this proven great pass rusher we were getting back this year. He's done next to nothing in the NFL so far.

So, you will not be auditioning for the board's pom pom sqaud? :lmao:

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
The guy hadn't played a down in over a year, misses over half of this year's training camp, is good enough for Rod to start him but he stinks and is a waste of space. o_O Wait until Irving is back, and he is playing next to a legitimate DT, before writing him off. I realize that the haters are gonna hate but shouldn't you try rotating your hate because you're getting awfully predictable. :p

slick325

Reaction score
9th game...missed 1st 8 with broken foot rookie season. Had another following week against green bay. Had 7 in last 8 games his 2nd season!

Uh, Armstrong played last year...he was in a weight training program last year with actual paid trainers. Gregory has been sitting on a couch, playing video games, and bagging groceries! And exactly what splash plays would that be?

Thanks for the info...

blueblood70

Reaction score
He has as much talent as anybody. Problem is it's hard to develop when you are constantly suspended.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets better as the season goes along.
I agree he needs time to actually develop in live games, he will get better..David Irvings presence will start funneling more sacks toward that side with Dlaw push from one end Irving up the middle Taco and Gregory numbers will rise..i saw it last year and Irvings production increases the pressure all along the line..

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It took almost 4 years for clowny to breakout, I view Randy in a similar mold. It's all about development potential and he has the physical tools to be a good passrushers if he can refine his technique. Oh and he's cheap.

Exactly.

Randy Gregory has played in all of five regular season games in three years.

As boneheaded as Gregory is, I'm hardly at the point of calling him a bust based off of his on the field abilities.

Brax

Reaction score
To think, we cut Charles Tapper and Kony Ealy for this guy's "potential". Yikes! :facepalm::muttley:
JJ blew a second round pick on this guy knowing the issues he faced. JJ doesn't like to be wrong so here we are.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what some of you post if this guy turns it around. DLaw wasn't anything special either in the beginning. I've been a Cowboy fan since '77 and I tell you....the new generation of Cowboy fans are the worst. Give the guy a chance. It takes time. Very rare that players come in this league and are dominant.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Clowney was oft-injured. He finally got healthy and began to ball. Though, I'm surprised because I always though Clowney was a slacker.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clowney was oft-injured. He finally got healthy and began to ball. Though, I'm surprised because I always though Clowney was a slacker.

yea a fast twitch guy who couldn't get on the field for one reason or another. Randy is affecting the game, he's getting pressure but certainly needs more playing experience like most players. Besides it costs almost nothing to keep him at this point, to cut him we gain nothing.

tm1119

Reaction score
Very possible his talent eroded from the last time he played a full, focused, and good football season...WAY back in 2013. Don’t care how talented you are, if you don’t work on your craft you are not going to stay at the top....No matter if you’re playing professional football, an artist, or whatever. Reality is that Gregory is still living off the hype of his Sophomore season at Nebraska.

irishline

Reaction score
I'm willing to let him develop and give him a chance.
Most of you would be the worst of bosses. Hence why most of you aren't...

I have many people who work for me. If I spent three years developing, and giving repeated chances, to someone who was suspended for more than half of the time, and fairly unproductive the rest of it, I would have been fired a long time ago.

It sets a bad example and would also be unfair to the rest of my employees who were attempting to do their job while also covering for his lack of production. Development is great but 3 years without production is not (in most of the non-NFL world).

Last edited: