Twitter: Randy Gregory likes post that states he intends to play for Boys in 2020

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With all the football he’s missed that remains to be seen. His career has been start-stop-start-stop for the past five seasons. He’s missed more football than he’s played. The Cowboys haven’t seen him in over a year. Who knows what he has left. His development has been stunted by all the suspensions. He has yet to be reinstated.
His 2018 season alleviates some concerns for me about the missed time. He had a pretty solid season after missing two years.

As a pass rusher, I don't think he will reach what Quinn was able to do in 2019, but I think he will be a plus starter

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what has he been doing for the last two years besides getting stoned and eating chips on the couch?

I don’t know. Presumably, he’d have himself in football shape if he’s expecting to play football.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His 2018 season alleviates some concerns for me about the missed time. He had a pretty solid season after missing two years.

As a pass rusher, I don't think he will reach what Quinn was able to do in 2019, but I think he will be a plus starter

He only had one sack in our final three regular season games in 2018 and did nothing in our two playoff games. He’s yet to be reinstated. If he is there’s no assurances the Cowboys will move forward with him under McCarthy. Losing Quinn gives him a chance to be here if he is reinstated. We certainly have a lot needs on defense, we’ve lost four defensive players to free agency. Gregory is a player I stopped counting on a long time ago. It’s clear that football isn’t that important to him.

Reaction score
I would prefer guys who would put away the pot to play football at a high level.

Rather than the other way around.

I guess if there are no more suspensions, but only fines, he'll be playing for free

reddyuta

Reaction score
this guy has not even filed for reinstatement,the odds of him playing are low.

Scotman

Reaction score
Without the change in the CBA, I had given up on him. But if he gets to play, he's going to be one of the better DE's in the league. His issues don't appear to me to have anything to do with a desire to play.

pgreptom

Reaction score
As laughable as it sounds, we may lean on this guy heavily this year. 6 sacks in 14 games the last year he played and only started one game. I am concerned about his real availability as he hasn't put pads on in quite some time. Will be interesting to watch how much PT he gets if reinstated as Jerry has always seemed very partial to Randy. Wonder how it flies with big mike.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Another thing that could hinder Gregory’s development if he is reinstated and the Cowboys decide to move forward with him, is I’m hearing the new CBA may do away with OTA’s. Padded practices in training camp are going to be cut almost in half from 28 to 16. None of this is going to help Gregory who’s missed a lot of football the past five years. He’s going to need all the work he can get.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And what has he been doing for the last two years besides getting stoned and eating chips on the couch?

Mark Stepnoski was one of the best centers in the game- maybe the best- in the 1990's and he was an unabashed pot smoker. It didn't affect his ability to perform on the field and it appears it doesn't affect Gregory; either.

If a player can help the Cowboys win, I couldn't care less what he does in his personal life. I'm rooting for him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The weed argument regarding RG is gone now. It's all about his play, and the man can ball. Goodell needs to reinstate this dude quick, fast and in a hurry...just like #94 comes off the edge. I don't mind Quinn leaving with RG fully good to go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Mark Stepnoski was one of the best centers in the game- maybe the best- in the 1990's and he was an unabashed pot smoker. It didn't affect his ability to perform on the field and it appears it doesn't affect Gregory; either.

If a player can help the Cowboys win, I couldn't care less what he does in his personal life. I'm rooting for him.

Yah, you missed the point. Would Stepnoski have quit if it meant he couldn't play anymore? Gregory chose weed over Football. Regardless of what disorder he may have.

I could care less if they smoke dope. But if you cant quit to play your lifes dream and it ruins your career, then its an issue.

Shows how much you care about football and how weak your character is that you cant stop smoking the weed for the betterment of your life and family.