Twitter: Randy Gregory responding to Cowboys fans

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Gregory thinks we’re toxic. A couple years, an article claimed we were the worst fanbase. Jerry and Stephen clearly take us for granted. Toxic? No. Used and denigrated? Maybe. Stupid? Definitely. On the field, the Cowboys are a billionaire’s hobby. Nothing more. Yet, we enable it.

Dre11

Reaction score
For context, it seems the fans were dogging on him first and the "bills" tweet came first.

He could just ignore and move on but he's not wrong, though. I said before the season even started that fans were lining up to call him an ungrateful traitor if he went someplace else because they weren't kept "comfortable." Players are right to ignore fans for their business. Truth is, he doesn't owe the Cowboys anything. Returning for a discount falls into the category of "would be nice" but by no means to be expected. If not for the Cowboys, he WOULD have had opportunities elsewhere, and maybe they'd have been better to boot. Jerry hung on to him because he was highly touted and he was cheap. If he were a 5th Round talent, he'd have been gone after the first several incidents, if not the first. Ask Lucky Whitehead about that. Many teams kick the tires on 1st Round talent. Aldon Smith, Josh Gordon, etc. It was simple prized pony economics. Get it? Broncos? Pony?

Doesn't matter why he hung on to him as probably no other team would've under the same circumstances, most fans are the same on any team, they love when they're yours and not when they leave.
Randy was a special case who got spe ial treatment here in Dallas, and I think they actually cared about him and wanted to him . There has been many reports from ex players and people I'm the know who says, Jerry genuinely care about his players.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Fan: "Where's the loyalty from Gregory?"

Same fan: "How soon can we cut Zeke?"

There is no such thing as loyalty in the NFL.

So. Much. Truth.

I always go back to when owners were ripping off players, keeping the lion's share of the profits and having players twist their bodies playing for peanuts before being forced to share. Then fans today ask why players are greedy and disloyal. Don't start none, won't be none.

Dre11

Reaction score
So. Much. Truth.

I always go back to when owners were ripping off players, keeping the lion's share of the profits and having players twist their bodies playing for peanuts before being forced to share. Then fans today ask why players are greedy and disloyal. Don't start none, won't be none.

We can talk about all the loyalty the fans,players, owners don't have, but in this case as been reported they genuinely cared about Randy's well being, as they did with Josh Brown few years ago.

Syron

Reaction score
He called THIS ONE, the one we are a part of toxic and Yes, it's a fact. Don't get in your feelings about the truth. It doesn't matter who tells it.
I guess you and I just have a difference of opinion about how professionals should act. Players shouldn't be concerned with what fans say. They should focus on their job and improving their game. Considering how unprofessional he taken his career up to this point, I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to find a new team to root for. :lmao:

That ship has sailed. I’d rather just quit football.

Now I’m just trying to provide a way where I can enjoy either outcome.

I knew winning was out the window after the Zeke than Dak deals.

Proof

Reaction score
Threads concerning Gregory and Cooper are approaching a dozen in number (if not more).
No matter the situation and / or circumstances leading up to it ---both have left the building and moved on down the highway, putting Dallas in their review mirror. The Cowboys fanbase needs to do the same.
The CZer commentary / discussion/ rehash about these two has run its course.

clearly it hasn’t

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Dear Cowboys fans: Randy Gregory is not where the fan ire should go. Flash back in time with me to the 2015 draft.

For the umpteenth time, Jerry once again foolishly decided to gamble a premium second round pick on another risky player. Jerry once again wanted to prove to everyone what a genius he is at drafting by some high risk but potentially high reward player. Gregory was clearly talented yet clearly a mess personally. Drafting him in the 4th-7th round would be ok. The 2nd round? Stupid.

The very next year, Jerry wastes another second round pick on Jaylon Smith. A once gifted college LB who sustained one of the worst knee injuries ever- nerve damage included. Once again, Jerry trying to prove how shrewd he is. He isn’t. The lesson remains. NEVER….EVER…waste a high round pick- like rounds 1-3 on a high risk player. It’s just plain stupid.

What did we get out of Randy Gregory? In 6 seasons, (he was suspended the entire 2017 season) he played 50 games, never more than 12 in a season, and only started 11 games. Let that sink in. RG started 11 games here in Dallas. And our moron GM wanted to commit to another big deal with him.

Folks, we dodged a bullet.
Agree 100%, unfortunately Jerry hits with Lee in the 2nd with a ACL but forgets about the misses.

Syron

Reaction score
We can talk about all the loyalty the fans,players, owners don't have, but in this case as been reported they genuinely cared about Randy's well being, as they did with Josh Brown few years ago.
Say what you want about Jerry, but there are plenty of examples of Jerry treating his players like family. This has been part of the problem over the years because the players can go straight to him to complain about things. Most normal owners would have cut there losses on Gregory years ago.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Going ahead and quit now. Don't fight it.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
[
This is seriously the most offensive tweet by him

how ungrateful

How is he ungrateful? when he said the media/fans don't know the full situation.

Judging someone when we don't know the full story is... (drumroll please) toxic.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is why I look at each year moving forward. Each has a new hope and adventure. Instead of dwelling on the past 26 years.
Go onto it as this could be the year. :laugh:. Enjoy the games.
I don’t like the huge contracts either, but I can’t do anything about it, so I don’t try to think about them or how it effects the team. All teams go through this at some point.

I am just looking forward to the draft and schedule release now. Any FA moves they make will not make a difference, unless maybe signing Wagner, but doubt that happens.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol more people hating on Randy. He fully just said the team negotiated in bad faith. Which they did. No reason to insert a clause after the fact when you’re already protected under the CBA in the same clause. It’s nonsensical. Now the “fans” are hurt by his comments? Lol. Grow up