Rangers, Mavs and Stars have all won a World title since the Cowboys last did

rambo2

Reaction score
Why can't we stay on the field with the 49ers who have lost 3 in a row? Why'd we lose to the Cardinals who have 1 victory and traded the QB who beat us? We're not contenders. You seem to hold on to every mediocre victory and act like we're back being 90's Cowboys. Some of us remember when we were great and this isn't it.
Why do we have a better record than most of the league?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
And if we want to lower the bar even more, those 3 teams have made it to their conference championships 13 times since the Cowboys last made it. Jerry makes it so difficult.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Seeing one of our fans take such a great day in metroplex history and sully it with such a pathetic attempt to troll our fans is another sad low point in the Zones history.

Shame on you.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Born in Arlington, Texas. Been waiting 52 years. Been attending games for 51 of those years. Raised my kids in Arlington, and used to get 100 tickets a year to the Ballpark for my family of 5.

Finally, Arlington has a champion at long last.

CHAMPIONS!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

So happy!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Born in Arlington, Texas. Been waiting 52 years. Been attending games for 51 of those years. Raised my kids in Arlington, and used to get 100 tickets a year to the Ballpark for my family of 5.
Finally, Arlington has a champion at long last.

CHAMPIONS!!!!

WOOHOO!!!

So happy!
Congratulations!! Enjoy it to the fullest.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Which one of y'all is going to the parade? I'm gonna need a designated driver

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Why do we have a better record than most of the league?
Will 5-2 matter at the end of the season? Who cares. At least talk to me after the Eagles game. I hope you're bragging about 6-2 but I don't trust this team as much as you do in big games.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
I love how this board has certain posters I won't name names who defend the Jerry Jones mediocrity era at all costs and if you try to criticize it you're just negative. At least the Rangers have a real owner who stood out of the way unlike meddling Jerry.

rambo2

Reaction score
And if we want to lower the bar even more, those 3 teams have made it to their conference championships 13 times since the Cowboys last made it. Jerry makes it so difficult.
Jerry has also has won as many championships as those 3 teams combined.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Who started that saying? It's not as if Jerry is the only rich owner. He's fifth richest actually. Broncos are owned by freaking Walmart Chiefs owned by Hunt family one of the richest families, Seahawks owned by Allen family Paul was CEO of Microsoft, Panthers are owned by David Tepper who has 13 billion in assets. Like I said Jerry's ego would get in the way and he would decide he would do it his way and win without spending probably. He wouldn't be #1 in salary.
That's what I believe it comes down to. It isn't as much about the salary cap as it is about what the Joneses believe. They have the ability to manipulate the cap, just like the other teams are doing, and they have money left from this year's cap that they could use but will just roll into next year. The Joneses not spending much on outside free agents is a philosophical choice not a salary cap one. Sure, they have to be aware of the cap, but they stopped spending on expensive free agents (and by proxy, expensive players they could trade for) because they made the blanket decision that it doesn't work. They made that primarily because of the Brandon Carr signing in 2012. Despite other teams signing expensive FAs or making expensive trades to put them over the top, the Joneses have not budged from their current philosophy.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This is a weird thread to make right after the Rangers win. Who cares about the Cowboys in respect to the other teams.

Yes, we know Dallas hasn't won anything in nearly 30 years. Gave the other teams a long time to join the party. Dallas had their dominance well before they did.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jerry has also has won as many championships as those 3 teams combined.
Yep. I hate Jerry but this is correct. He won 3 in 4 years. Sure, Jimmy had a ton to do with that but let's not act like he doesn't know the feeling of winning a title. You can also spin it as it took those teams a ton of time to even win their first. Well, not so much the Stars as they won not long after coming here. But definitely the Mavs and Rangers.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Mavs and Stars off to good starts. Cowboys win today and can say it’s a good start even with the disappointing losses to contenders. Very early in NHL and NBA seasons, but with Rangers just winning the World Series, DFW Metroplex could have all 4 pro teams going to postseason play.

rambo2

Reaction score
Mavs and Stars off to good starts. Cowboys win today and can say it’s a good start even with the disappointing losses to contenders. Very early in NHL and NBA seasons, but with Rangers just winning the World Series, DFW Metroplex could have all 4 pro teams going to postseason play.
Cowboys have an excellent chance of being 7 and 3 after the next 2 games.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The company men and the losers boasting about winning thirty years ago is all that is wrong with the boys now.

Living in the past just makes you a loser

For instance in the 50's the Browns made five NFL championships and won I think two or three. Would have been more but the Lions had their number. Last time the Lions won anything as well.

So by the standards of some then those teams as long as they have winning records are just fine now since they won a bunch WAY BACK WHEN,

rambo2

Reaction score
The company men and the losers boasting about winning thirty years ago is all that is wrong with the boys now.

Living in the past just makes you a loser

For instance in the 50's the Browns made five NFL championships and won I think two or three. Would have been more but the Lions had their number. Last time the Lions won anything as well.

So by the standards of some then those teams as long as they have winning records are just fine now since they won a bunch WAY BACK WHEN,
I like the winning that is going on this year. Enjoy the game today. A great time to be a fan.