Rank Starting QBs and what is Dak

kskboys

Reaction score
How does Vick getting busted for fighting pits have anything remotely to do with Jackson?
You lost me right there, and then you digressed even further.
How in the world did you come up w/ that connection? There's a reason you're lost!!!!!!

J12B

Reaction score
I think you'll add players in a few years too though, right?
Possibly 2-3 good one this year and even higher rated one coming in next year.

But yeah, he's in solid position either way if continues to grow.

I think Josh Allen has that potential. He was solid last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Debatable.

BUFF won due to their 3rd ranked D and the running game. Their passing game was 26th in the NFL and their O was 24th.

Allen was better last year, but he wasn't great. At this point, he proved to be a good bus driver.

J12B

Reaction score
Debatable.

BUFF won due to their 3rd ranked D and the running game. Their passing game was 26th in the NFL and their O was 24th.

Allen was better last year, but he wasn't great. At this point, he proved to be a good bus driver.

And he absolutely shredded our defense on Thanksgiving lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think he makes a big step forward this year.

The guy also rushed fir 500+ yards and 9 TDs last year.
Absolute cannon arm, but still a work in progress.
Finally getting a few weapons, but nothing like we have,

But Buffalo will continue to lean on ball control and that D

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tannehill to a degree as well, I always considered them as similar early , but if I had to choose between the two I would side with Stafford.
He always seemed to flash those Elway traits occasionally, at moments.
Elite arm talent and an NFL iron man u til finally last year he missed games

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think you'll add players in a few years too though, right?
Possibly 2-3 good one this year and even higher rated one coming in next year.

But yeah, he's in solid position either way if continues to grow.

I could see one or maybe two being added.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I truly believe this. Prescott’s first season. Was better than Patrick. I think he’s a media lover boy. He stunk up the Super Bowl. Five Hail Marys bailed him out. Two were completed

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh me too. It was only a matter of time before Reid took KC to the big dance. It wouldn't of mattered who was at center. Reid worked independently w/Mahomes which turned him into the gunslinger we've all seen.

Had Mahomes been the QB for Garrett, he wouldn't have a ring today. Lol, not even the great Joe Montana would have one. Coaching is everything. Egals are the perfect example of winning their first ever Superbowl, with a backup quarterback.

Wentz has a ring (zero postseason wins). So I guess he's right up there w/Mahomes. :lmao2:
Before the game Bradshaw said I think the kid is so overrated. If he doesn’t win the Super Bowl people will understand what I’ve been saying. Five Hail Marys bailed him out. Two were completed. He was throwing behind receivers. Overthrowing receivers. At one point he was actually aiming for football. But people love what they hear in the media. I don’t think they actually watch.I thought Prescott’s first season as a rookie he was brilliant. Too much turmoil followed. He can repeat it

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'M better than Mitch Trubisky!!
Great guy, but has a looong ways to go.
Cant believe he made the Pro Bowl 2 years ago.
Tells you alot about how weird the Pro Bowl is...specifically for QBs
Never point at Pro Bowls for QBs as any form of indicator

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Aaron Rogers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Drew Brees
6. DeShawn Watson
7. Matt Ryan
8. Tom Brady
9. Ben Roethlisberger
10. Carson Wentz
11. Dak Prescott
12. Josh Allen
13. Matthew Stafford
14. Philip Rivers
15. Kirk Cousins
16. Jared Goff
17. Jimmy Garapolo
18. Ryan Tanehil
19. Derek Carr
20. Kyler Murray
21. Teddy Bridgewater
22. Baker Mayfield
23. Sam Darnold
24. Drew Lock
25. Minshew
26. Daniel Jones
27. Dwayne Hopkins
28. Mitch Trubisky

TBD
Joe Burrow
Tyrod Taylor/Herbert
Tua
Patriots starter

This was not easy to do.

I have Dak as 11.

But I'd take him today over Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Wentz when building a franchise.

Just because of their age and Wentz's health issues

Curious to see other lists....especially the "Dak haters!"

Your list is good, but I would put Philip Rivers and Matthew Stafford just ahead of Dak. I would also rank Drew Brees just ahead of Lamar Jackson. At one point I would have ranked Derek Carr much higher than you have him, but at this point, I think you have it right. The big question mark for me is Kirk Cousins. Back when he was with the Commanders, I would have ranked him higher. Right now I'm honestly unsure of him. I could see him climbing much higher this season or falling down some.

ghst187

Reaction score
99% of the folks here that are constantly wishing for any other QB over Dak would be saying the exact same thing if they actually got almost any of the QBs they say they wish they had over Dak....like Wentz, Allen, Watson.....Rivers.....(seriously?)

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I truly believe this. Prescott’s first season. Was better than Patrick. I think he’s a media lover boy. He stunk up the Super Bowl. Five Hail Marys bailed him out. Two were completed

Aaron Rodgers is the most gifted QB I’ve ever seen play.

Patrick Mahomes is an enhanced Aaron Rodgers.

I want Dak as my QB, but it’s not close right now. Mahomes is the consensus best QB in the league

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh me too. It was only a matter of time before Reid took KC to the big dance. It wouldn't of mattered who was at center. Reid worked independently w/Mahomes which turned him into the gunslinger we've all seen.

Had Mahomes been the QB for Garrett, he wouldn't have a ring today. Lol, not even the great Joe Montana would have one. Coaching is everything. Egals are the perfect example of winning their first ever Superbowl, with a backup quarterback.

Wentz has a ring (zero postseason wins). So I guess he's right up there w/Mahomes. :lmao2:
I like Prescott His toughness. His loyalty to his place. He doesn’t throw his receivers under the bus , Giving them funny looks didn’t run the right rout. Just because I like Prescott better than a Home says it mean I think Mahomes sucks. He did stink up the Super Bowl but. I just would take Prescott first. Put them in the right scheme the kids a winner. Every bit as Mahomes in my opinion

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I want Dak as my QB, but it’s not close right now. Mahomes is the consensus best QB in the league
Look I’m not saying Aaron Rodgers sucks. I’m saying he’s media lover boy. So many Hail Marys have bailed him out throughout his career. Mahomes threw five Hail Marys in the Super Bowl. The point is I’ll take Prescott for first so many more reasons. Lake doesn’t throw his receivers under the bus. His toughness. Yeah people think I’m crazy. That’s because the majority follows the crowd mostly

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

many people will agree with you. Especially fans. But many more professionals agree with me. He would’ve been exposed if he lost that Super Bowl. As much as I didn’t want San Francisco to win because I don’t want them to have any more rings LOL. I wanted Mahomes to lose

DFWJC

Reaction score
Your list is good, but I would put Philip Rivers and Matthew Stafford just ahead of Dak. I would also rank Drew Brees just ahead of Lamar Jackson. At one point I would have ranked Derek Carr much higher than you have him, but at this point, I think you have it right. The big question mark for me is Kirk Cousins. Back when he was with the Commanders, I would have ranked him higher. Right now I'm honestly unsure of him. I could see him climbing much higher this season or falling down some.
Fwiw
Cousins was very good last year

20 more TDs than ints (Dak was a plus 19..also very good)
107 QB rating (Dak was 99)