Rank these Cowboys linebackers

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When Lee was at his best, none of the others on this list ever made the plays he made.

LVE and Smith both still have time to surpass Lee’s greatness, but not yet.

dfense

Reaction score
1. Lee Roy Jordan
2. Chuck Howley
3. Ken Norton Jr.
4. D.D. Lewis
5. Eugene Lockhart

Did I get it right? :)
Lockhart was great at tackling 7 yards downfield. There's a reason he had so many tackles. Millions of opportunities.

dfense

Reaction score
My best

MLB
Lee Roy Jordan
Sean Lee
Bob Breunig
Dat Nguyen
Bradie James

OLB
DeMarcus Ware
Chuck Howley
Dexter Coakley
Ken Norton
Mike Hegman

honorable mention DD Lewis

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I had to look it up, I was trying to remember if Nguyen ever made a Pro Bowl (he didn’t). The tally was:
Lee - 1 All-Pro, 2 Pro Bowls (1 replacement)
Coakley - 3 Pro Bowls
LVE - 1 replacement Pro Bowl
Smith - 1 replacement Pro Bowl
Nguyen -

Zordon

Reaction score
1. Lee - I'm probably too partial to him, but as instinctual and savvy a LB as I've seen. Probably at or near the top at his position when he was in his prime, which we all know was marred by injury.
2. Coakley - a big play machine, seemed to make them when needed most. Played the most games out of these 5 guys.
3. Nguyen - relentless, and a leader on some really poor teams.
4. Smith - I'm only putting the young guys last because its too early. More of a playmaker than LVE, unreal talent. Sometimes he plays too out of control for my tastes.
5. LVE - He's still learning, which makes last season all the more remarkable. He's regressed a bit, but I'm hopeful.
I was surprised looking at some of Coakley's stats. He had 13 career interceptions, 4 tds.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Dexter Coakley
Day Nguyen
Sean Lee
Jaylon Smith
LVE

That's a weak group. I liked Nguyen but he never went to a PB. Coakley went to 3 while Lee went to 2 but was All Pro once. Smith and LVE have too little work history.

I'm going Lee
Coakley
LVE
Smith
Nguyen

LVE has the potential to be HOF and maybe Smith does too but right now they're not huge game changers (unless by opposing coach's game plans)

@Zordon ... are you a youngun? You left out some great ones on your list.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Lee
Coakley
Lve
Nguyen
Smith

this is based on these players at their best. LVE/ and smith can be special and have a high ceiling.