Ranking NFL QB’s heading into 2022 season- Dak at 8

Flamma

Reaction score
7th, 8th , 9th or 10th doesn’t really matter.

That’s enough to build around. Too bad our defense isn’t ranked anywhere in that neighborhood .

Yeah, his ranking means zero. We know what we have in Dak. That's not changing. If we can build off last season's defense and have a balanced attack, we have something. Otherwise we're not going to contend for a trophy.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I dont understand why ranking at any position get feathers all ruffled in here but this QB thing puts people in a mode. Ive seen enough now to know we can with our guy. Weather you want to rank him 5 or 15 we can with him just like the previous one. But just like the previous one he cant do it alone
The weather should have nothing to do with it, but some cant perform with wet balls ;)
Rather or not the rankings meet your expectations as a fan is totally subjective.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ya especially the run defense in the playoffs
Well I can guarantee you that Quinn has acknowledged this, Im not speaking for anyone else esp Jerry and Stephen, they dont even know what a relevant DT means, but I can 100 percent guarantee that Q has sat down with Jerry and explained what a DT is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“Averaging” means every time he’s 9th or 10th, the next list needs him 4th or 5th to average 7th. I’ll knock off as many as I can to get to of these lists you’re hinting at:

PFF February Dak 10th:
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/l...middle-of-the-pack-among-2021-nfl-qbs-by-pff/

PFF May Dak 11th:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-quarterback-tiers-seth-galina

Sports Daily July Dak 11th:
https://thesportsdaily.com/news/nfl-qb-rankings-predicting-the-top-20-nfl-quarterbacks-in-2022/

NFL.com January Dak 9th:
https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-qb-index-end-of-2021-nfl-season-rankings

NBC July Dak 12th:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/2022-nfl-qb-rankings-where-justin-fields-stands-ahead-season

Sportsnaut July Dak 10th:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/2022-nfl-qb-rankings-where-justin-fields-stands-ahead-season

The Game Day June Dak 9th:
https://thegameday.com/nfl/power-rankings/qb/

Bleacher Report June Dak 10th:
https://syndication.bleacherreport....b-situation-heading-into-2022-season.amp.html

that’s pretty close to all the major outlets. Again, no one is disputing you, but I would really like to know where these 7th overall rankings are coming from and the blurb as to why they put them there.

This one last week on here had him ranked 6th. Not my problem if this makes you cry. Hard to have a conversation with someone that is too dumb to scroll down.

Saw this in my paper this morning and thought I'd share. Interesting rankings and tiers.

"NFL ELITES" tier Put these QBs on any team and they are likely advancing to the postseason:
1. Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Stafford
6. Dak. Prescott catches a lot of flak because of the franchise he plays for, and the expectations that brings. But there are stretches of games, and seasons when the 28-year-old seems unstoppable. The playmakers around him have changed a bit, and his offensive line and tailback are aging, so Prescott probably has a two-year window to win a championship in Dallas.
"THE DOOR-KNOCKERS" Tier
7. Russell
8. Watson
9. Burrow
10. Jackson
11 Herbert
12. Carr
"IN THE WAITING ROOM" Tier
13. Murray
14. Jimmy G
15 Cousins
16 Tannehill
17Tua
18. Hurts
19. Mac Jones

He does more but for this post, that's what I'm going to share.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This one last week on here had him ranked 6th. Not my problem if this makes you cry. Hard to have a conversation with someone that is too dumb to scroll down.

Saw this in my paper this morning and thought I'd share. Interesting rankings and tiers.

"NFL ELITES" tier Put these QBs on any team and they are likely advancing to the postseason:
1. Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Stafford
6. Dak. Prescott catches a lot of flak because of the franchise he plays for, and the expectations that brings. But there are stretches of games, and seasons when the 28-year-old seems unstoppable. The playmakers around him have changed a bit, and his offensive line and tailback are aging, so Prescott probably has a two-year window to win a championship in Dallas.
"THE DOOR-KNOCKERS" Tier
7. Russell
8. Watson
9. Burrow
10. Jackson
11 Herbert
12. Carr
13. Murray
14. Jimmy G
15 Cousins
16 Tannehill
17Tua
18. Hurts
19. Mac Jones

It’s tough for me to put Dak ahead of Wilson , Burrow and Herbert. To me he’s in the next group which is still good. 9th or 10th ranked QB is plenty to build around and win with.

To each their own I suppose . And these rankings are for just arguing rights anyway,

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s tough for me to put Dak ahead of Wilson , Burrow and Herbert. To me he’s in the next group which is still good. 9th or 10th ranked QB is plenty to build around and win with.

To each their own I suppose . And these rankings are for just arguing rights anyway,

Burrows was as bus driver last year and was leading the NFL in picks for most of the year. Hebert is a poor 4th quarter QB and marginal 2nd half of the year thus far in his career.

Wilson is living off his teams success early in his career when he was throwing for 100 yards and winning SB's.

That being said I personally would take Burrows and Hebert on talent and upside alone if I had to pick one. Easy to see the talent in Burrows.

with Wilson I would take Dak at this point in their careers.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

1. Mahomes
2. Josh Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Stafford
"THE DOOR-KNOCKERS" Tier
7. Russell
8. Watson
9. Burrow
10. Jackson
11 Herbert
12. Carr
13. Murray
14. Jimmy G
15 Cousins
16 Tannehill
17Tua
18. Hurts
19. Mac Jones

local Cowboys Newspaper? I admit, I didn’t consider blind homer picks.

I could probably find a few of those that have him top 3 in youtube comments. If you want, I could grab those and then you could tell people that a few top 3’s and a few top 10’s means he’s “averaging” 1st overall.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
local Cowboys Newspaper? I admit, I didn’t consider blind homer picks.

I could probably find a few of those that have him top 3 in youtube comments. If you want, I could grab those and then you could tell people that a few top 3’s and a few top 10’s means he’s “averaging” 1st overall.

My comment was about the 3 or 4 that were posted on here. You were the one that challenged that. You were wrong. time to move on.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
My comment was about the 3 or 4 that were posted on here. You were the one that challenged that. You were wrong. time to move on.

3 to 4 posts that what? Had him that high? First you said you saw 2 that had him at 7 and a couple lower for the 4. Now you’ve come up with something that has him at 6th and there may not be 4 anymore but “3-4”. What are you changing it to now?

There aren’t 4 lists that average him at 7th, and that’s okay. Because that’s not an accurate assessment of the QB he is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
3 to 4 posts that what? Had him that high? First you said you saw 2 that had him at 7 and a couple lower for the 4. Now you’ve come up with something that has him at 6th and there may not be 4 anymore but “3-4”. What are you changing it to now?

There aren’t 4 lists that average him at 7th, and that’s okay. Because that’s not an accurate assessment of the QB he is.

Breath. Its ok.

Chasing your tail a bit?

glimmerman

Reaction score
As much as I continue to want to dial down Daks level to average to above average somewhere from middle to upper half almost all of these rankings I see from noteworthy sources place him either in top 10 or close to it.

So despite whatever criticism we may have of Dak and the fact he’s arguably not Elite he is considered in the upper echelon of the league . Top third would arguably be in the upper echelon.

If your opinion doesn’t align with these rankings then I think we can argue you might need to re-access your opinion not the rest of the league or these experts and analysts. Unless you want to align yourself with the trolls in the media simply inciting viewers for ratings.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/ranking-top-32-nfl-quarterbacks-ahead-2022-season
What you mean top 10… 8 and not 18..

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 months and I'll rate him, or he'll rate himself.

PackerNation

Benched
Reaction score
This will trigger some of you, but I'm not sure why Dak is even in any top 10 honestly.

My top 10:

1- Aaron Rodgers
2- Josh Allen
3- Pat Mahomes
4- Tom Brady
5- Justin Herbert
6- Joe Burrow
7- Russell Wilson
8- Matthew Stafford
9- Lamar Jackson
10- Kyler Murray

Dak is the next tier with Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, and Kirk Cousins.

Dak's stats are fine, but I don't want him in big moments. Now, Justin Herbert isn't fully proven in big moments yet either, but he is clearly the better overall QB. If all of you were honest, you would do cartwheels if the Cowboys could pull off a trade that would bring Justin Herbert to Dallas for Dak.