Ranking teams that would trade for Cowboys QB Dak Prescott

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It’s not a reach to think the issue is the franchise, the environment the plays occur in, not the signal caller. Mental fortitude and toughness trickle down through an organization from the highest levels. Prescott’s done nothing but steward league-leading offenses whenever he’s been healthy, though they certainly haven’t been league-leading in the postseason. Teams would have every reason to believe that like Stafford, a change of scenery could take Prescott from statistical winner to actual champion. NOTE: Dak has a no trade clause but he may want to escape.

12 teams, ranking which ones make the most sense.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-teams-that-would-trade-for-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott/?

1. Atlanta Falcons​

The Falcons have a ton of young weapons and a competent enough defense that they are just waiting for the right head-coach QB scenario to come to town. If Bill Belichick gets the gig like it appears, they’d absolutely pony up the price tag of two first-round picks to acquire Prescott and hit the ground running.

Aven8

Reaction score
Fun topic. I’ve said all season that NE and Raiders would be all over this but Pittsburgh I think would be a slam dunk.

It would have to be a marketable team that he could make the same kind of side money he does here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It’s not a reach to think the issue is the franchise, the environment the plays occur in, not the signal caller. Mental fortitude and toughness trickle down through an organization from the highest levels. Prescott’s done nothing but steward league-leading offenses whenever he’s been healthy, though they certainly haven’t been league-leading in the postseason. Teams would have every reason to believe that like Stafford, a change of scenery could take Prescott from statistical winner to actual champion. NOTE: Dak has a no trade clause but he may want to escape.

12 teams, ranking which ones make the most sense.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-teams-that-would-trade-for-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott/?

1. Atlanta Falcons​

The Falcons have a ton of young weapons and a competent enough defense that they are just waiting for the right head-coach QB scenario to come to town. If Bill Belichick gets the gig like it appears, they’d absolutely pony up the price tag of two first-round picks to acquire Prescott and hit the ground running.
Belichick didn’t get the gig in Atlanta.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NOTE: Dak has a no trade clause but he may want to escape.
giphy.gif

zeke21

Reaction score
I can't see most of those teams being attractive enough for Dak to waive his clause. He'd be more likely to refuse an extension and test FA in 2025.
I can see that too but a year is a long time and Dak is over 30. If I'm his manager, and Dallas says "no longer required" then I'd be pushing to find another attractive landing spot now rather than wait.

When is your value highest.. coming off a 'MVP' season and just struggling to get over that hurdle... OR potentially coming off a season where you are benched for Lance, have a niggling knee issue and struggled??

Right now there are big question marks over Dak BUT he still has some stupid enough to think he is good.. with each passing year he just loses more and more opportunities.

Motorola

Reaction score
I can't see most of those teams being attractive enough for Dak to waive his clause. He'd be more likely to refuse an extension and test FA in 2025.
Thousand yard stare hits free agency in 2025.
Works for me
Prescott is content being the Cowboys QB (where else can he go and be moderately successful - yet not receive intense backlash for not guiding his team to a deep postseason run?) ...as is the team owner \ general manager.
No way #4 is not there in Dallas for the next four seasons (barring a major injury).
The next contract deal for Prescott will confirm my post today.

dupree89

Reaction score
I'm more interested in teams that WOULDNT trade for him. And 2 of them are in the super bowl.