Ranking teams that would trade for Cowboys QB Dak Prescott

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yea - you say that until you get 8-8 or worse for the next 10 years again...
I am not afraid of that, to me it is not much different than making the playoffs and just losing every year. What's 1 or 2 playoff games a season going to change? Or are you one of those dreamers that think Dak will breakthrough and win a Super Bowl despite history screaming that he can't do it? Only 4 QBs older than him won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them I eliminate two because they won NFL Championships before there were Super Bowls, then there was John Elway who took Denver to 3 Super Bowls at a younger age than Dak then there's Phil Simms who was 31, Dak will be 31 when the season starts.

To me it is either win a Super Bowl or I don't really care, maybe make the Super Bowl and lose would even be nice. But this is retread of Romo era can't get past the divisional round so I'd rather punt and try something new and if it fails so be it.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I am not afraid of that, to me it is not much different than making the playoffs and just losing every year. What's 1 or 2 playoff games a season going to change? Are you one of those dreamers that think Dak will breakthrough and win a Super Bowl despite history screaming that he can't do it? Only 4 QBs older than him won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them I eliminate two because they won NFL Championships before there were Super Bowls, then there was John Elway who took Denver to 3 Super Bowls at a younger age than Dak then there's Phil Simms who was 31, Dak will be 31 when the season starts.
You do realize only one team wins every year and it's usually a different team minus KC. :facepalm: Well unless you had Rodger-really a first round pick or Troy....You lucky you have Dak. Danny White set all kind of records and never got to a SB......If you 're only counting on a q.b. to get you there. By average you'll never get there. Even if you have the first pick every year and take a q.b. How many q.b's have been taken in the top 5 every year? How many have made the SB? Few.....

Jayinem

Reaction score
You do realize only one team wins every year and it's usually a different team of KC. :facepalm: Well unless you had Rodger-really a first round pick or Troy....You lucky you have Dak. Danny White set all kind of records and never got to a SB......If you 're only counting on a q.b. to get you there. By average you'll never get there.
Ok by your logic we have to stick with Dak until when? He retires? Ok let's say that's 6 years from now. Guess what happens then? The same thing, you have a find a new QB and you might be 8-8 or worse for a decade. Unless you think Dak will win a Super Bowl why not do it now? What difference does "being a playoff team" make? We're the Dallas Cowboys not the Houston Texans.

Danny White made I think 4 NFC Championship games, wake me up when Dak makes 1.

The QB is the most important position in all of sports, they get the credit and the blame that's the gig. That's why they get a ridiculous amount of money.

Nexx

Reaction score
three first's and a second. stack the dline and oline. run the ball and roll with Lance. Let's go!!!

dupree89

Reaction score

The QB is the most important position in all of sports, they get the credit and the blame that's the gig. That's why they get a ridiculous amount of money.
perfect post. Danny White is HATED by some of these Dak lovers . Then when all else fails they want to compare stats as if a QB stats in 1981 can any way be compared to now. Danny White did more for the Cowboys than Dak has done.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Ok by your logic we have to stick with Dak until when? He retires? Ok let's say that's 6 years from now. Guess what happens then? The same thing, you have a find a new QB and you might be 8-8 or worse for a decade. Unless you think Dak will win a Super Bowl why not do it now? What difference does "being a playoff team" make? We're the Dallas Cowboys not the Houston Texans.

Just because you do something doesn't equate to success. Your focus seems to be all on a quarterback. Kansas City has the best one and it was their defense that won the game last week. And thus the problem in Dallas. Jerry has conned you guys into believing a q.b. can win it all. He did the same thing with Romo and how far did that go???? I'm laughing that some of you guys are falling for this. If Jerry was even serious about that he'd go out and give the farm for Mahomes. Just bring Mahomes to Dallas and get rid of everything else named defense. Super Bowl :facepalm:

Havic

Reaction score
If Lance shows something in camp, you absolutely have to look at getting Dak to waive his no trade clause. I think Atlanta would make the most sense.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Just because you do something doesn't equate to success. Your focus seems to be all on a quarterback. Kansas City has the best one and it was their defense that won the game last week. And thus the problem in Dallas. Jerry has conned you guys into believing a q.b. can win it all. He did the same thing with Romo and how far did that go???? I'm laughing that some of you guys are falling for this. If Jerry was even serious about that he'd go out and give the farm for Mahomes. Just bring Mahomes to Dallas and get rid of everything else named defense. Super Bowl :facepalm:
It's sad that your defense of Dak is that the QB position is not that important, but you were probably one of the ones screaming "MVP" during the regular season, and would be posting about how stupid Dak haters are if he lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

If the QB position is not that important what difference does it make? You could just put another black guy that looks like Dak, just like the Patriots were able to put another white guy that looked like Tom Brady and win another Super Bowl after he left right? I'm sure it's a coincidence that Tampa went from 7-9 to Super Bowl in a year of covid with no training camp after getting Brady.

There is nothing you could trade KC for Mahomes if you have any sense you would know this already. What are you even talking about?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

You're not the Dallas Cowboys. You're the Jerry Joneses..... Dallas haven't won a Super Bowl in near 30 years -yet. You think getting rid of Dak is going to change that. :laugh: The Dallas Cowboys that were "we're the Dallas Cowboys" Have been gone for 28 years.....Better get used to it....

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Until there's a better QB on the roster I am pro Prescott. Long live his career here.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's sad that your defense of Dak is that the QB position is not that important, but you were probably one of the ones screaming "MVP" during the regular season, and would be posting about how stupid Dak haters are if he lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

If the QB position is not that important what difference does it make? You could just put another black guy that looks like Dak, just like the Patriots were able to put another white guy that looked like Tom Brady and win another Super Bowl after he left right? I'm sure it's a coincidence that Tampa went from 7-9 to Super Bowl in a year of covid with no training camp after getting Brady.

There is nothing you could trade KC for Mahomes if you have any sense you would know this already. What are you even talking about?
That's the type of Quarterback you want... Trade for him.... Make KC an offer they can't resist.....:mad: Quarterback is important. But if you're putting your hope in just that-good luck.That's how you GM thinks and that's why we haven't won anything in 28 years....

dupree89

Reaction score

you are right. those that dont want to put the pressure on Dak to deliver a ring should also be for him taking 20 mill a year...its more than the QB they say...then lets start spreading the wealth around. dak take 20 mill and shut up.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like a lot of people misunderstand the so called “no trade” clause. It is better described as a “3 layer trade clause“ because it requires:
  1. The Cowboys decide they want to trade Dak.
  2. Dak approves one or more destinations to be traded (or none)
  3. An approved team and the Cowboys agree to terms.
The part that is hardest in this equation is probably the trade terms. Dak’s contract, possible new terms, etc. The best chances for a trade will be with teams that are at or near contending. With a strong running game and defense, Dak is still capable of being a good QB in the playoffs. I’m ready to move on from Dak but I believe the belief of some fans that he is garbage is just silly.

But…I just can’t see Jerry allowing any of this. The once wildcatting dice roller is acting like an old man on a small pension. The only chances he takes now are the ones his giggling son feels are safe enough.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
you are right. those that dont want to put the pressure on Dak to deliver a ring should also be for him taking 20 mill a year...its more than the QB they say...then lets start spreading the wealth around. dak take 20 mill and shut up.
Exactly bro.

They contradict themselves saying QB play isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things but swear we will go back to 8-8 if Dak leaves lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we did that and won 3 games next season, it would be way more satisfying than just running it back with the same team to me. At least we're trying something else than what clearly doesn't work.
I totally agree, it may happen that way, hell we might go further than we've been in years who knows!!