Twitter: Rapaport: Gallimore Hyperextended Left Elbow

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was playing linebacker at the Air Force Academy against Colorado, when it was a dominant National power. I shot through a gap and reached between a guard cracking back and a back trying to break outside. I made the tackle, but hyper extended my left elbow.

I played through the 'ouie' and then took x-rays/MRA's on Monday. Nothing was done and I played until the season was over. I then was called to the Doctor, and a cast was put on my arm for six weeks...

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Ken Norton Jr. play a Super Bowl season with a torn bicep. Times have change and Cowboy fans have changed to worried about a back up DT with a hyper extended elbow.

"Throw it in the gutter and go buy another" Geno Atkins, David Irving, Jurrell Casey, K Short, or just trade for a great 4th year player on the last year of a rookie deal.

But if there is no sever damage, Gallimore can boot up and suit up for the regular season.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It was absolutely criminal to go into the season with the lack of depth we had at IDL. Relying on a second year player to make a jump as your primary inside pass rusher is just hoping on a dream. Now you real what you sow.

MikeB80

Reaction score
A bad defensive line just got worse. Good thing they have the greatest offense ever assembled in the nfl.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I saw one slo-mo replay of it. I thought his elbow was going to explode the way it was going the wrong way.

Yeeesh.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Have seen kids with dislocations, which would be worse than hyperextensions, back on the wrestling mat in 3-6 weeks. My son had a dislocation with a fracture in July, had surgery inserting a screw, and he wrestled about 8 weeks later. It most likely isn't season ending.

SSoup

Reaction score
Is that the worst. I was looking at that as best case. Hopefully he's back by week 3-4
Not nuts about an arm injury that will mess with his weight room work since strength is so huge for a DT. But I suppose I'd take an elbow injury over a serious knee injury or something like that.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I asked - got somewhat positive response

Doesn't think anything is broken...but way to much pain for something not to have happened

2nd hand info* - rumor- innuendo- pulling info out of the air etc