Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I cannot wait for both parties to resolve this issue. Too many folks are anticipating an atypical Jerry Jones outcome in regards to his opinion of franchise quarterbacks..
The decision where he does what we know what he'll do, and will make him the highest paid ever!! (sarcasm)

Chasing6

Reaction score
so no more free agents will be signed and we will solely rely on draftees,udfa's. Great plan, what could go wrong?
No. We will add free agents after the draft. That evening free agents no longer count against your comp picks. GM Jethro is infatuated with comp picks.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
If they haven't extended him by now, there's no point to do it anymore.

And I'm totally fine with it.

Keeps Dak hungry and doesn't commit future cap to him.
Extend him now would probably be cheaper than doing it next year but I am glad they don't do it. This might very well be Dak's last year with the Cowboys.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. We will add free agents after the draft. That evening free agents no longer count against your comp picks. GM Jethro is infatuated with comp picks.
He thinks comp picks are the way to the SB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
you're thinking of the wrong FA's, these are the ones that didn't get drafted this year by an NFL team!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah

Let the new QB come here with a loaded squad and play the game on easy-mode like Dak did in 2016

We do need a rb tho
You think this team is loaded? Jesus man I see why Jerry keeps making billions…..damn. Jerry is telling you he values comp picks over free agency and you’re praising his incompetence because of your dislike of Dak?

visionary

Reaction score
Dak ain’t worried, hes been busy raising bees to get more honey to pour on himself. He feels he didnt pour enough of it because the GB game

Reaction score
so no more free agents will be signed and we will solely rely on draftees,udfa's. Great plan, what could go wrong?
Contrast this with how Green Bay or KC handled their QB transitions,,, ours is looking like a drunken face plant!

Chasing6

Reaction score
I bet if he were asked about this, you'd see more emotion and joy about this than signing free agents lol
He may be right. If there are quality free agents still available for cheap after the draft. Time will tell. He also may trade some next year picks like last year.