Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep

8 all-pros.
How many all pros did GB have when they smacked us up? You can’t be for real….two of our all pros were kickers, one was Dak, Biadiz is gone, Tyron is gone and you don’t have two starting linemen nor a running back and your defense can’t stop the run. You must be high.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No sure why you think this a bad move. Let Dak play this season out, if he proves himself then fine but if he has another bad playoff. Then why extend him?
GM Jethro has no back up plan. Never does.

Next year he will cost more than this year. Same mistake he always makes.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No sure why you think this a bad move. Let Dak play this season out, if he proves himself then fine but if he has another bad playoff. Then why extend him?
Because extending him now gives us cap space and you get him cheaper than what he will cost next year.

The stanleys believe the extra cap space and using it on FAs will somehow lead to this upcoming season being better than the last 8

What a delusional bunch of fans

jwitten82

Reaction score
How many all pros did GB have when they smacked us up? You can’t be for real….two of our all pros were kickers, one was Dak, Biadiz is gone, Tyron is gone and you don’t have two starting linemen nor a running back and your defense can’t stop the run. You must be high.
I agree, our team will be less talented next season, but they weren't exactly short on talent last season. This team being mentally weak is why we lost

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve said it time and time again….you don’t need Dak to sell you. You know what he is. He’s shown us. Respectfully….whether you like Dak or not he’s 30. He won’t get any better and he won’t get worse.

So my stance is why would you wait to extend him so his price goes up?

Why would you waste time with a guy you don’t trust?

It’s incompetence.

You know what is gonna happen? He’s going to re-sign him and do it after others get signed. It’s just stupid to me. A decision should be made on Dak right now not next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree, our team will be less talented next season, but they weren't exactly short on talent last season. This team being mentally weak is why we lost
I’m not disagreeing. I’m just saying this team isn’t stacked and it’s poorly built. You can say they have talent but they are not built like a contender. When the game is won in the trenches and those are two of your weaknesses? It doesn’t look good. But thank god we have All Pros lol.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I’ve said it time and time again….you don’t need Dak to sell you. You know what he is. He’s shown us. Respectfully….whether you like Dak or not he’s 30. He won’t get any better and he won’t get worse.

So my stance is why would you wait to extend him so his price goes up?

Why would you waste time with a guy you don’t trust?

It’s incompetence.

You know what is gonna happen? He’s going to re-sign him and do it after others get signed. It’s just stupid to me. A decision should be made on Dak right now not next year.
The thing is, there is a possibility that Dak can get worse. He's getting older ( football years). Daks a physical player so I do think his body will wear down quicker than other qbs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What’s the understanding, hopefully put up and win something meaningful or don’t let the door hit you on the way out
The understanding is Dak is gonna get re-signed and he’s going to get even more money next year. Jerry and co. are getting played again and they don’t see it.

Carson

Reaction score
lol you’re crazy if you think Jerry doesn’t cave and sign Dak to whatever

jwitten82

Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing. I’m just saying this team isn’t stacked and it’s poorly built. You can say they have talent but they are not built like a contender. When the game is won in the trenches and those are two of your weaknesses? It doesn’t look good. But thank god we have All Pros lol.

Except our oline wasn't weak, but I do agree the line is weak. I've been saying that

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The thing is, there is a possibility that Dak can get worse. He's getting older ( football years). Daks a physical player so I do think his body will wear down quicker than other qbs
I’m not worried about a guy who doesn’t rely on his legs getting worse at 31. Not at quarterback. Especially when he just had the best year of his career at 30.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No we lost because
1. We went into a game unprepared and overconfident
2. We went into the game with a patched up defense that was decimated especially in the LB-ing room
3. Our useless GM and his vaunted brain trust did nothing to address the LB-ers
4. Our QB came out and quickly turned the ball over and put the already short handed defense on the back foot. That same QB later on threw a pick 6 and basically did nothing with the offense in the first half

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't think that is how this plays out.

Expect Dak to have a 'injury' and miss a significant amount of time.