Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is the thing: the Cowboys should know by now what direction they want to go in regards to Dak. This is embarrassing.

If they think Dak is the guy, why didn't they extend him and open cap space and actually add to the roster?

If they don't think he's the guy, than why didn't they just cut bait and see what Trey Lance can do before paying him his fifth year option in 2025?

This front office is clueless and without a plan.
GM Jethro does not want to make the first move.

Just like in free agency. He is following his mentor Al Davis' advice, that he learned in the 70's.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Shanahan is desperate...and has shown rash judgement when it comes to QBs. What I do know is that he wanted to win now and Trey needed more time to develop given injuries/pandemic and other things that happened in the young man's career. I don't know anymore about Trey than anyone else...THAT is my point. Rush and Trey did not compete...and even Dak has not had competition from someone with more PHYSICAL talent than him...he's always beat out scrubs. That's a shame.
Trey Lance not a scrub?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I’m speaking as a Cowboy fan. This is pure incompetence and the only people that don’t see it are happy because this means the end of Dak. But I’ve seen nothing from this front office for the last 28 years to think they will do that.
It's not incompetence to wash your hands and take your losses. It's supposed to hurt.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Don’t think is price will go up if we wait, the reason being is that they are all signed. The only QB that isn’t is Jared Goff. Daks agent played this out perfectly, were he will try and set the market twice.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I have no issue with them giving Lance a shot…I just wish they’d actually do it. He could’ve got garbage time play last year and nothing.
He wasnt dressed for most of the games. It was Dak and Cooper rush on the depth charts at QB on Sundays. Trey was pretty much just regulated to the practice squad and to get familiar with the offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He wasnt dressed for most of the games. It was Dak and Cooper rush on the depth charts at QB on Sundays. Trey was pretty much just regulated to the practice squad and to get familiar with the offense.
I know that what I’m saying is he should’ve been dressed…Rush only got in games where we were blowing out teams. Lance could’ve easily did that role.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dak - if you have a super sh!!!!!ty game your last game of the season , you are fired! You always do this to us and it HALTS our season.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I know that what I’m saying is he should’ve been dressed…Rush only got in games where we were blowing out teams. Lance could’ve easily did that role.
you're making that sound too easy, we didn't know a blow out was going to happen, had we of known, we would have dressed Lance instead of cooper, or maybe we could have claimed that Dak mysteriously had an injury causing them to use the rule to allow Lance to be the next next backup QB in the game!!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m a Dak fan but I’d rather they trade guys and tank then do this. Guys jobs are on the line. They are going to be at least a .500 team.
That's the piece that bugs me too. Let Dak move on already if you're done with him. No sense if dragging his value down in a lost year so you can win 9 games instead of 6. Maybe trade off a guy like Osa who is likely to walk after this year while you can still pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Them not fully picking a lane to drive down is baffling and hurts the team long term if they continue operating this way.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dak - if you have a super sh!!!!!ty game your last game of the season , you are fired! You always do this to us and it HALTS our season.
He will throw for 94245 yards this season,and 533 touchdowns, with 1 interception! We will keep him for life

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you're making that sound too easy, we didn't know a blow out was going to happen, had we of known, we would have dressed Lance instead of cooper, or maybe we could have claimed that Dak mysteriously had an injury causing them to use the rule to allow Lance to be the next next backup QB in the game!!!
We had like 7 or 8 blowouts last season. Either way Rush is nothing to me. Good backup. But he ain’t Elway. So you believe Lance was worse then Rush?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
That's the piece that bugs me too. Let Dak move on already if you're done with him. No sense if dragging his value down in a lost year so you can win 9 games instead of 6. Maybe trade off a guy like Osa who is likely to walk after this year while you can still pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Them not fully picking a lane to drive down is baffling and hurts the team long term if they continue operating this way.
very smart moves right there, osa is going to want some big pay day for the 1 BIG run stop he makes every game or made for about 7 games then cooled down