Rapoport: Cowboys haven't offered Dak a contract extension

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the thing: the Cowboys should know by now what direction they want to go in regards to Dak. This is embarrassing.

If they think Dak is the guy, why didn't they extend him and open cap space and actually add to the roster?

If they don't think he's the guy, than why didn't they just cut bait and see what Trey Lance can do before paying him his fifth year option in 2025?

This front office is clueless and without a plan.
Same exact thing I said.

snadler

Reaction score
I’m ok with the prove it season for Dak even though i disagree with it, however as usual it’s backwards thinking, not putting a quality team together kind if makes it a no win situation for Dak in the first place. It’s like the MM situation, obviously the guy should have been fired, let’s keep him but also put the least amount of talent around him. So the Jones’ plan is put their team in no win situations for next season, be mediocre and then justify their rebuild plan the following year with new coaches and new QB

jgboys1

Reaction score
If it's gets us out of this trend of mediocrity then it will be well worth it
Yes! If this is the case, I will be looking forward to the 2024 season more than if we extended him just to see us go one and done again. I would like to see what, if anything Trey lance can bring to the table.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you have a source for that “understanding “, and I’m trying to be argumentative just would like to see it and who reported it
Sorry that’s just my opinion no source. Wasn’t trying to state it as fact. All just based on what I’ve seen this front office do time and time again and until they change I have to assume they are the same.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes! If this is the case, I will be looking forward to the 2024 season more than if we extended him just to see us go one and done again. I would like to see what, if anything Trey lance can bring to the table.
The Trey Lance who can’t beat out Cooper Rush?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You think this team is loaded? Jesus man I see why Jerry keeps making billions…..damn. Jerry is telling you he values comp picks over free agency and you’re praising his incompetence because of your dislike of Dak?
The team was healthy and all Dak had to do was play well...even if we lost. He didn't...so...why should he get new contract and a team built around him when he chokes? Dak serves the team not the other way around.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only good players we lost are Tyron, Pollard, and Gilmore.

Fowler, Gallimore, Kearse, Biadasz, Gallup, LVE, and Dorance are all Jags

sounds like you already have your excuses lined up when Dak fails for the 9th year in a row
I’m speaking as a Cowboy fan. This is pure incompetence and the only people that don’t see it are happy because this means the end of Dak. But I’ve seen nothing from this front office for the last 28 years to think they will do that.

Chasing6

Reaction score

sounds like you already have your excuses lined up when Dak fails for the 9th year in a row
It is not just about good players. No team has good players at every position. You have to have depth.

Good players get neutralized by good teams. See Micah Parsons.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Bruh...already circling the wagons for Dak. Mahomes lost EVERYTHING...made no excuses with receivers dropping passes...went on the road...and won.

Dak fans are ALREADY seeing excuses and losses...which says everything...

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I hope Trey Lance beats out Rush and Dak. I sincerely do. I just don’t believe it. I trust the 49ers front office more then I do you.
Shanahan is desperate...and has shown rash judgement when it comes to QBs. What I do know is that he wanted to win now and Trey needed more time to develop given injuries/pandemic and other things that happened in the young man's career. I don't know anymore about Trey than anyone else...THAT is my point. Rush and Trey did not compete...and even Dak has not had competition from someone with more PHYSICAL talent than him...he's always beat out scrubs. That's a shame.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He came in last season not knowing the system and Cooper Rush did.

I am not saying Trey Lance is going to be the next Mahomes but I have seen enough of the Dak and I am just curious to see what Trey Lance can do.
I have no issue with them giving Lance a shot…I just wish they’d actually do it. He could’ve got garbage time play last year and nothing.