Twitter: Rapoport: Cowboys open to trading Everson Griffen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Nobody gonna give us crap for those three garbage players. Conditional 7ths or we throw in a 7 and get a 6.....

I really thought that Poe and Griffin woukd add quality. Boy was I wrong.

I did know Worley was utter trash though....
Agree 100%. I see maybe a 7th for any of them, but probably end up being cut. If they do anything.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I had no real expectation for Worley but did think Poe and Griffen would be a lot better than they have been. I'll accept blame on all three.

I think we can get a conditional pick for Griffen (if we pay his salary) but Poe and Worley may be outright releases - especially if they were bad mouthing the coaches anonymously.
I'm with you on all points, I was excited about Poe and Griffen. Also think you're spot on regarding what kind of compensation we would get back.

MikeB80

Reaction score
what did the giants trade markus golden for last week? A sixth? Griffen should at least bring that in return.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
a "development project". It would be a development if he gave a crap and played hard. I agree he's capable, just not willing.

I'm not even sure he's capable anymore. Could be done. But just last year he was a credible 1T. Better than Woods. Better than anything we've got.

We've already spent his salary this year. The only additional costs is the roster spot and snaps. He's got better upside if he turns it around. I'm not saying there's any guarantee. Just a good chance for quality, relative to our other options.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm not even sure he's capable anymore. Could be done. But just last year he was a credible 1T. Better than Woods. Better than anything we've got.

We've already spent his salary this year. The only additional costs is the roster spot and snaps. He's got better upside if he turns it around. I'm not saying there's any guarantee. Just a good chance for quality, relative to our other options.
Ok so who you think is playing better Poe or Woods at 1Tech?

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm not sure what message they are trying to send here with the Everson Griffen trade... probably a scapegoat for the defense while retaining Mike Nolan or they want to ensure the tank is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.