Twitter: Rapoport: Giants preferred landing spot for Garrett

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uhh. I actually liked zimmer here, Parcells kept him around his entire tenure which told me all I need to know about the quality of coach he is.

the flip side of that for me is that I would never hire him as a head coach. He is no different than Garrett and just can not get over the hump even though he has everything he could want as a coach. Zimmer never shut up about having depth on the line and fast linebackers that could tackle well....he has everything he needs in Minnesota and his results have no better than Garrett's who also has everything he needs.

If zimmer loses in the first round this year he and the GM in minnesota are going to be under the gun, just like Garrett.

It’s so cool that everybody likes him now. I think maybe he just learned so much about football the season after he left here or something. It’s the only explanation that makes any sense.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Feels like a ruse by the Giants to get Jerry Jones to give Garrett an extension lol

Like chocolate lab said this is probably coming from Garrett's agent. I do believe he is a perfect fit for mara though.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Uh, how lont has it been since the 49ers did anything, you better check your records, the last I checked they are stuck at 5 SB wins like we are. Your memory is not very good. Garrett took over a team that had an old OLINE, a sorry Defense, and iffy RBs, before they drafted MUrray who was injury prone before he was finally able to stay healthy for a full season in 2014. He had to dismantle the OLINE piece by piece, rember Leanard Williams they got old and could not sustain their play a full game. yes we had Romo and Witten and a headache at WR, TO(who is one of my favorite WRs), no you are not being truthful. Regardless of what you think it takes time to build a team to last for a long time, and rebuilding the right way takes more than just the rebuilding of the players we had to rebuild our salary cap budget, as well as our scouting dept. and staff, FO, (the Front office mentally). Nah bruh, I disagree with you in a big way. You're letting you perceivedopinion of Garrett cloud your thinking
so how much more building does he have to do to win a divisional playoff games or play in a nfc championship game

JMech

Reaction score
If you’re able to look honestly at his production and at the team he built in Dallas, you’d maybe come to a different conclusion about him as a coach.

Either way, someone will give the guy a shot when his time is up here. NY would be the best possible storyline, but one way or another, we’ll get to see what happens to the mob’s narrative eventually.

Wait, wait.........the team he built in Dallas???? Seriously? Yes, he had a tremendous impact on the talent brought into Dallas.............

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Giants trying to get jerrah to sign garrett for another 10 years.:facepalm:

i hope giants sign him and eat their own bluff .

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
If he does leave, this is the spot that makes the most sense for him. And it will be an awesome storyline. I’ll remind everybody again what a terrible coach Mike Zimmer was universally considered to be around here. Until he left and immediately wasn’t.
what has zimmer won in the playoffs not much he and garrett are prettymuch the same coach

MikeB80

Reaction score
It’s so cool that everybody likes him now. I think maybe he just learned so much about football the season after he left here or something. It’s the only explanation that makes any sense.

so you are saying that I didn't like zimmer? Based on what? Like I said Parcells kept him around and even played his defense for the first two years, then he taught zimmer his defense. Zimmer was a vocal complainer and I believe he was giving out team info to his buddies in the 103.3 clique...galloway/werder etc....he was a good defensive coordinator with a long history of coaching, his whole life is coaching which is why he got along with parcells..they both spent years in college coaching and trying to make their way.

having said all that again I would never hire him as the head coach.

and for the record, Zimmer was a part of the decision making on a ton of terrible draft picks on defense. His specialty is the secondary and this organization couldn't find a decent player in the secondary for about a 7 to 8 year period...he was a big part of that.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think it takes time to build a team to last for a long time. Other teams do it in shorter times than Garrett has. And I don't even think he's really rebuilt the team to win. The team is never prepared. He never out coaches any real good coach. All I heard this year was this was the most talented team since the 90's. they sure haven't played like it. I give him credit for sticking with Dak over an injured Romo in 2016. I gave him quite a lot of credit that year but when you add it all up Garrett can beat bad teams rather consistently. He rarely beats real good teams. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think this season ends the same way all of Garrett's seasons end like.

No sir, how many of those teams that rebuilt quickly in your opinion has lasted a long time? who are these quick rebuilding teams you speak of? Now don't get it twisted with teams that were bad for awhile and accumulated high draft picks and went thru 2/3 coaches and staff before they finally made those picks work for them. Here's what Garrett has to deal with, public perception that's harder on him because we are the best franchise in all professional sports, but he does not get to choose his staff and he took the job anyway, versus Matt Rhule at Baylor was offered the HC job with the Jets, but the Front Office pulled a Jerry Jones and told him that they would pick the staff, he turned them down and stayed at Baylor

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Giants making the playoffs thrice every decade ?

One and done in post season for the next 10 years ? (if they even make the Wild Card)

giphy.gif

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No sir, how many of those teams that rebuilt quickly in your opinion has lasted a long time? who are these quick rebuilding teams you speak of? Now don't get it twisted with teams that were bad for awhile and accumulated high draft picks and went thru 2/3 coaches and staff before they finally made those picks work for them. Here's what Garrett has to deal with, public perception that's harder on him because we are the best franchise in all professional sports, but he does not get to choose his staff and he took the job anyway, versus Matt Rhule at Baylor was offered the HC job with the Jets, but the Front Office pulled a Jerry Jones and told him that they would pick the staff, he turned them down and stayed at Baylor
All Garrett does is rebuild. This is his second rebuild. Will be no more successful then his first. He wasted many Cowboy players careers including Tony Romo and he'll waste this next generation of players if he isn't replaced. I don't think he had a lot to do with the drafting anyway but even if he did what's the point of rebuilding all the time when you can't coach?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Giants making the playoffs thrice every decade ?

One and done in post season for the next 10 years ? (if they even make the Wild Card)

giphy.gif

I prefer they keep the mcadoo's and shumur's around. Making the playoff twice in this decade, even though the 11 team won a championship and was really the end of the coughlin era.

BHendri5

Reaction score
so how much more building does he have to do to win a divisional playoff games or play in a nfc championship game

We don't, now it's on the players. They have to play with the right physical toughness mentally as well, the right intelligence. Right now the Boyz proble is in their heads, they committ stupid penalties , they take bad angles when trying to make tackles therefore a ton of missed tackles, they get bigheaded when they win, they do not play the way they are suppose to until their backs are against the wall. Now I will get on Garrett for player decisions, I believe Jarwin should get more PT than Witten, Pollard should get more PT than Tavon Austin, Devin Smith and Cedric Wilson should always be on the active list, we need to start looking to replace Tyron Smith he is beat down and cannot perform up to his standard. They need to let the rookie Wilson play at the Safety position, put Heath back on special teams duty only. Lewis should be Starting, Azuwie has played safety in college as well as CB I believe he should be moved to safety, like they made the move with BJones they need to make that opposite move with Awuzie. When that mental light clicks with the team on the field they will do what we see that they can do, and I believe today can be when that light clicks on

BHendri5

Reaction score
All Garrett does is rebuild. This is his second rebuild. Will be no more successful then his first. He wasted many Cowboy players careers including Tony Romo and he'll waste this next generation of players if he isn't replaced. I don't think he had a lot to do with the drafting anyway but even if he did what's the point of rebuilding all the time when you can't coach?

No it's not, he has only rebuilt the team once, what are you talking about?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
We don't, now it's on the players. They have to play with the right physical toughness mentally as well, the right intelligence. Right now the Boyz proble is in their heads, they committ stupid penalties , they take bad angles when trying to make tackles therefore a ton of missed tackles, they get bigheaded when they win, they do not play the way they are suppose to until their backs are against the wall. Now I will get on Garrett for player decisions, I believe Jarwin should get more PT than Witten, Pollard should get more PT than Tavon Austin, Devin Smith and Cedric Wilson should always be on the active list, we need to start looking to replace Tyron Smith he is beat down and cannot perform up to his standard. They need to let the rookie Wilson play at the Safety position, put Heath back on special teams duty only. Lewis should be Starting, Azuwie has played safety in college as well as CB I believe he should be moved to safety, like they made the move with BJones they need to make that opposite move with Awuzie. When that mental light clicks with the team on the field they will do what we see that they can do, and I believe today can be when that light clicks on
hope your right but I haven't seen that happen since he has been here its always on the players every one says but the teams with the better coaches all seem to be the one playing in January and febuary

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, wait.........the team he built in Dallas???? Seriously? Yes, he had a tremendous impact on the talent brought into Dallas.............

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Yes, seriously. And the fact you pretend so hard to act like it’s not the case—when it so obviously is—kinda makes my point. Thank you.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No it's not, he has only rebuilt the team once, what are you talking about?
He rebuilt the team for Tony Romo and now he's doing it with Dak. Different players. He does have the same OL but they are getting old and will have to be replaced soon. Unless you think this is one complete rebuilding process he's been doing since 2010. If that's the case then yea I agree. lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
hope your right but I haven't seen that happen since he has been here its always on the players every one says but the teams with the better coaches all seem to be the one playing in January and febuary
Only 19 more years to catch up with Landry. Maybe we'll have 5 more WC wins by then. lol