Twitter: Rapoport: Giants preferred landing spot for Garrett

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so you are saying that I didn't like zimmer? Based on what? Like I said Parcells kept him around and even played his defense for the first two years, then he taught zimmer his defense. Zimmer was a vocal complainer and I believe he was giving out team info to his buddies in the 103.3 clique...galloway/werder etc....he was a good defensive coordinator with a long history of coaching, his whole life is coaching which is why he got along with parcells..they both spent years in college coaching and trying to make their way.

having said all that again I would never hire him as the head coach.

and for the record, Zimmer was a part of the decision making on a ton of terrible draft picks on defense. His specialty is the secondary and this organization couldn't find a decent player in the secondary for about a 7 to 8 year period...he was a big part of that.

I’m not saying that at all. I simply pointed out that Zimmer was widely hated, and now he’s not, or wasn’t, depending who you’re talking to.

reddyuta

Reaction score
BRB.starting a ******** to send Garrett to NY,i am sure i can raise a million.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
The Giants floating the rumor would be one possibility..........the other that Garrett has employed a PR group to float that rumor out guaranteeing that Jerry will over-react.

Same deal with him going to Baltimore when he was signed as HC initially.

That would imply some level of strategic thinking on Garrett's part.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I’m not saying that at all. I simply pointed out that Zimmer was widely hated, and now he’s not, or wasn’t, depending who you’re talking to.

spare me your snark.

Everyone involved with the defense became hated by december of 2006 when Dallas kept getting beat over and over down the middle by tight ends. that is what people hated.

That and the lack of takeaways which has never improved particularly interceptions.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Yeah Jerry would drop dead if Garrett were to go to the Giants and succeed. To see his pet project that he invested more than a decade in leave and flourish elsewhere, especially with a division rival and owner he doesn't really get along with, would be too much heartbreak to handle.

So you are saying that Jerry would expire due to heartbreak.

Then there would be no more Garrett OR Jerry in Dallas?

Hmmm

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People can say what they want but I think Garrett’s next destination will be a successful one. He’s the scapegoat here because of this moronic way things are structure. Fans have no idea who makes what decisions here so they go straight to Garrett since in most organizations the head coach is the one held accountable. I don’t know how good Garrett can be but I do believe his best chance at succeeding is getting the hell away from Jerry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right. I remember very well the Zimmer hate. The same hate all of these guys get. Wade Phillips too.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
How long do you think it would take the fans of the team to get sick of Garrett referring to the team as the “New York Football Giants” if he became the coach there?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
spare me your snark.

Everyone involved with the defense became hated by december of 2006 when Dallas kept getting beat over and over down the middle by tight ends. that is what people hated.

That and the lack of takeaways which has never improved particularly interceptions.

You’re saying this as if I weren’t here and didn’t live through the stupidity myself. I’m the one who pointed it out in the first place. And yes, I’m aware that the reasons people hated Zimmer with a white-hot passion had actually very little to do with his ability to coach. I was drawing a subtle parallel there.

Reaction score
If you’re able to look honestly at his production and at the team he built in Dallas, you’d maybe come to a different conclusion about him as a coach.

Either way, someone will give the guy a shot when his time is up here. NY would be the best possible storyline, but one way or another, we’ll get to see what happens to the mob’s narrative eventually.
It's time for a change.

I can't make it any simpler than that

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Sounds like there's mutual interest there.

I would love for him to stay in the nfce.......that's 2 wins a year for us..,.....whoever our DC is could put a complete game plan together with Garretts offense during a coffee break.

Coaching for Snyder would be even better though.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I remember Zimmer being hated way back in the Campo days when Reid and McNabb were stomping this franchise every year... the pickle juice type days. I don't remember that much hate when Parcells was here. Everyone knew it was Parcells' show anyway.

And it's a silly argument to make anyway, because things are completely different when you're the head coach. We've seen a decade of Garrett here and we know how spare he is. We've only seen a few years of Zimmer as a head coach, and yes, he's done better than Garrett considering the talent level of QB they've had. Zimmer got to a championship game with Case Keenum, of all things. If Garrett had Case Keenum it would be an 8-8 year at best.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's time for a change.

I can't make it any simpler than that

I understand that you think that, for sure.

I haven’t given up on this season yet, myself. A win today, and I think we’ve got a great shot. But then I’ve enjoyed this stretch of competitive Cowboy football going back to 2014 now.