Twitter: Rapoport implying Dak may not play Sunday?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are notorious for either hiding or minimizing injuries so it's anybody's guess as to if or how well he will play. Is a hampered Prescott better than a 100% Rush? Those passes Prescott throws when moving to his left are all arm and he's going to feel that. No one doubts his heart, it is his mind that concerns me. The ego of a QB can be the team's worst enemy if he thinks he's the better option when <100%.

One thing for sure, this cemented Schwartz's plan to stack the box and make the QB beat them. Whoever plays at QB must exploit the weakness of the Eagles' D, that secondary.

Twin928

Reaction score
Philly radio also said he was doubtful. They know more than they are letting on. This whole situation is fishy. I don’t know who to trust. Dak is questionable to play, but is likely a game time decision. It’d be stupid to tell the Eagles that Dak isn’t playing. They have to prepare for Dak and Cooper Rush now.
I honestly think DAK is out just dnt wanna give the eagles the advantage COOPER RUSH TO THE RESCUE SITUATION JUST SEEMS TO FISHY HAVENT THROWN N 6 DAYS YEA ITS WAY MORE SERIOUS

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think you are right. You can see Jerry giving a 2 year extension claiming Dak's injury and the mean old Rod Marinelli ruined the season. A 2 year extension will allow Jason to fulfill his destiny but not make the fan base too crazy (Jerry's thoughts). This way Jerry can sign him to another 5 year extension.

Not sure about this coz one can easily make a case that should ALREADY the division locked up........

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Lol

Dak would need to be dead or not able to throw at all to not play.

Even then, you just run and throw short.

he’s playing because we aren’t winning with Cooper rush

Not sure it's that simple.......pretty sure the Eagles will the take that away real fast.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cowboys are notorious for either hiding or minimizing injuries so it's anybody's guess as to if or how well he will play. Is a hampered Prescott better than a 100% Rush? Those passes Prescott throws when moving to his left are all arm and he's going to feel that. No one doubts his heart, it is his mind that concerns me. The ego of a QB can be the team's worst enemy if he thinks he's the better option when <100%.

One thing for sure, this cemented Schwartz's plan to stack the box and make the QB beat them. Whoever plays at QB must exploit the weakness of the Eagles' D, that secondary.

Bingo!!!! This is what concerns me.......and Garrett and Moore having the balls to shut him down during the game if he's ineffective.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Bingo!!!! This is what concerns me.......and Garrett and Moore having the balls to shut him down during the game if he's ineffective.
The good thing I saw was they or he was smart last week and cut the passing way down after the injury. Here I was thinking that it’s was the game plan and now I am wondering if they ran more because of the injury.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The good thing I saw was they or he was smart last week and cut the passing way down after the injury. Here I was thinking that it’s was the game plan and now I am wondering if they ran more because of the injury.

Excellent point.......in fact Cooper said Dak told them in the huddle he would NOT be throwing on an ROP and knew then something was right him. So you may be right........

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Agreed 100%. But regardless of whether or not he is playing effectively, he'll be playing better than the Cowboys backup. Cooper Rush is the reincarnation of Gary Hogeboom. He's simply not an option if you want the results to be a win.

None of us have ever seen Cooper Rush in a meaningful real game. Any speculation as to his performance, good or bad, is just that: speculation. Rush had one great pre-season and one bad pre-season. One of his college teammates said he is better in games than in practice. He has been here two years, he knows the offense. The players know him. You believe the team will collapse if Rush plays. I don't agree with that assessment because I don't think we have enough evidence to say that. A backup QB is a backup because he is not as good as the starter, but to say "he is simply not an option" is a doomsday prediction without any evidence to support it.
When, and if, Cooper Rush plays in a real game with real game pressure, we'll see what we have in him. Until then nobody, not even the coaches, really know if he can be a viable NFL QB.

CooterBrown

Reaction score

Whatever the reason was, they need to do it every week.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will say this, playing and playing effectively are two entirely different things. I mean the practice is one thing but NFL game-level is a different monster.

I will say this, playing and playing effectively are two entirely different things. I mean the practice is one thing but NFL game-level is a different monster.

Ok, Rapp man is asking us how we can tell how the injury is affecting Dak?
Not possible as his inaccuracy is evident in every game and he's not a running QB so Nada on this one, in other words, won't really matter if he's injured or not.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes

You should get coal in your stocking for even suggesting it......:grin:

exciter

Reaction score
Here's a new nightmare scenario for everyone.

Dak doesn't play, we lose and miss the playoffs, and Garrett gets an extension because his starting QB was injured.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes
Outside of the NFC championship game in the least and most likely the SB Garrett ain't gonna be back. This game is irrelevant in all regards!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yesterday, the word was out that Dak wouldn't be practicing until Saturday, while evidently, that was changed to today.
He must be doing significantly better than what was expected, or else, they wouldn't have changed it to today.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"I’m getting better. Simple as that," Prescott said Thursday. "Mobility and function, it’s all improving. That’s the key. That’s the goal. I’ll be good to go Sunday."

I'll take Dak's word for it.