Rapoport: Leonard agrees to 1-yr deal with Eagles

817Gill

Reaction score
The only chance we have against the Niners is to make them one dimensional. I have no confidence in them being able to do that with the current set up of the defense. I don't know why this franchise keeps burying their head in the sand about this fatal weakness against the Niners. They are going to bully us again in the playoffs.
We literally held them to 19 points last year and McCaffrey was less than 4 YPC if I remember correctly.

It’s on tape that we can hold them down, 2021 we held them to the mid 20’s. We’ve had only one terrible defensive showing against them. The biggest test is if our offense can score on them.

817Gill

Reaction score
They guaranteed him the playing time that we couldn’t. Eagles are void of LB talent while we have a couple young guys playing really well there. Not a big loss imo.
They literally said they want him as depth, we need to do more research before posting fellas. It’s in the thread Willie posted (closed now). But Josina Anderson reported it, can check her Twitter if you’d like.

He is no longer a starting caliber LB. But his instincts and leadership can be valuable as depth. So let’s not act like he’s going to step in and ball. As soon as Zach Cunningham returns he’s getting the bulk of the reps.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I cant wait to hear what stephen offered. He most likely low balled. Howie is a real gm. Ours is a clown wearing gm clothing

If they only have 1.2m under the cap I’m wondering how much they were able to offer. Not that it really matters if the Colts are paying most of his salary or at least the difference up to 8m.

ksadler1

Reaction score
He was benched in lndy because later round picks were outperforming him. He has back and neck issues from prior injuries and surgeries. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. He won't even be with the Eagles next year.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Based on what?
Well the fact that they have manged to win a Superbowl and get back to it after a rebuild in less years than Mr. Dak is playing for us should give you an idea lol. We like our guys though, awesome.

Now I don't give a rats behind about Leonard, he wouldn't have made us a better team. I think we can absolutely beat them right now. But over the last couple of years their FO has been superior to ours. Even if we win it all this year btw..

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, if he signs with us, he signs. If he don’t, oh well we’ve done this good without him. Moving on.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And they only have to pay 5/17ths of that salary, since there are only 5 games left.
Yeah -- he wasn't going to get anything more than that. No point really -- nobody is looking to exceed what he is earning this year

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
If the colts don't want him, neither do I.. he's a proven bum at this point.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not when there are offsets. He had this year guaranteed by the Colts.

And the reports are 1 year -- 1.08 million -- that's a minimum contact as any reasonable person would expect when someone else is paying the balance of his salary for 2023.
If it wasn't money, then maybe it was effort.

"All I'll ever do is just be honest with him and tell him what the situation is here, what the situation is in this building," Nick Sirianni said. "I think the pitch is just the guys that we have in this building, and some of them he has a prior relationship, too. I want Shaq to make the decision that's best for him. Because, again, when there is that prior relationship you want to make sure – and that's what I said to him, 'I just want you to make the best decision for you. Take all the information from both places and do what's best for you.'
"So, I've called him a bunch the last couple days, and, shoot, he'll make the decision that's best for him. I'm confident in that. He's a good person."