Rapoport: Leonard agrees to 1-yr deal with Eagles

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It can be done. See the Eagles in the last year's playoffs.

We need the ball to do that. They've controlled time of position against us b/c we cant stop that run game.
Eagles made them
One dimensional because they had no quarterback left lol….so if your plan is to injure Purdy and have to face Sam Darnold then yeah good luck lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s also that they trade for a lot of their best players. Getting AJ Brown for just a 1st round pick was a steal.
Right but mind you they had to do that because they whiffed and passed up Justin Jefferson for Jalen Reagor. Then passed up DK Metcalf. Those two moved forced them to have to use two firsts on receivers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, he was devastated when they cut him and in his exit press conference said he was willing to be a back up to stay.

He’s one of those pillar of the franchise retire with the same team kind of guys. Unfortunately for him his play regressed immensely with his neck and back injuries and the colts had no use paying a backup LB top dollar. Especially when they would be on the hook for his salary next year had he gotten injured in any capacity.

This is “player not as good as his contract and prime self” 101. NFL business as usual.
How was he devastated didn’t he ask to get cut lol?

Adreme

Reaction score
Right but mind you they had to do that because they whiffed and passed up Justin Jefferson for Jalen Reagor. Then passed up DK Metcalf. Those two moved forced them to have to use two firsts on receivers.
Pretty much everyone passed up DK. He lasted until round 3. They also ended up with Devonta Smith and Jalen Carter both with picks that I believe they traded to get.

I do not think they are a great drafting team. I think they are certainly good but the thing they do that the Cowboys do not is actually trade for elite players and try to sign great players in free agency versus trying to only build through the draft and grab other teams castoffs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Eagles have a better chance making to the sb and probably have even a bigger need at the position

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Jerry has passed on every free agent pickup possible. Even this one was a casual flirtation, not a full court press. We broke out more of the bubbly for a hobbled O'dell last year.

To me...this means Jerry does not believe in Dak. He DID splurge a 4th rounder - with no consultation - on Trey Lance. But for some reason, in a year with a CLEAR PATH to a #1 seed...he's gunshy and frugal. It's not on character.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well the fact that they have manged to win a Superbowl and get back to it after a rebuild in less years than Mr. Dak is playing for us should give you an idea lol. We like our guys though, awesome.

Now I don't give a rats behind about Leonard, he wouldn't have made us a better team. I think we can absolutely beat them right now. But over the last couple of years their FO has been superior to ours. Even if we win it all this year btw..
The Eagles have all of 1 Super Bowl win in their entire history. Dak can tie that by himself this year.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry has passed on every free agent pickup possible. Even this one was a casual flirtation, not a full court press. We broke out more of the bubbly for a hobbled O'dell last year.

To me...this means Jerry does not believe in Dak. He DID splurge a 4th rounder - with no consultation - on Trey Lance. But for some reason, in a year with a CLEAR PATH to a #1 seed...he's gunshy and frugal. It's not on character.
They pretty much offered him the same deal.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yep. Like Packers fan were about Jaylon Smith after Dallas cut him. They couldn’t believe their fortune when they got him. And then couldn't believe their misfortune they got him.
It's like my dad said about a former employee.. Glad to see him when he came, even more glad to see him go when he left.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They pretty much offered him the same deal.
That would have to be it. Otherwise, they would have to pay over what Indy is paying, which would have been a stupid move for a player that has stagnated recently.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We needed him, but we needed him for depth. We have no one if someone goes down. He was never expected to start ahead of Bell or Clark unless he showed up a different player than he’s been the last two years.

In Philly, he may be stepping into coverage packages as soon as he knows the defense. Coverage is the strength of our LBs. We need a thumper, but Leonard would have given us some much needed depth.

I would imagine the offense doesn’t even get good looks in practice because we have no LBs to run against them.
I would personally like to see Sam Williams get in a few reps at LB.

That's just me though. But that's what I would do, as an armchair coach..

joeboxer

Reaction score

These are percentiles so looks like hes around the top 25 percent in most categories except slightly below average in slot coverage and is top 5 percent for run. Overall above average in coverage and very good against the run. Much better than the special teamers the eagles had out there sunday

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
giphy.gif