Rapoport response to Jerry's claim Garrett having 5 coaching offers

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Garrett would be great for one of these bottom feeder teams that need structure and a strong foundation.

Once he has built that though then you have to be smart enough to let him go.

The cowboys aren't smart and neither of those teams would go anywhere with garrett.

That goof would be a lost ball in high weeds without jerry.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Are there really people in the NFL who don't understand everything we've won under Garrett was solely based on the talent of the players, people who don't realize we would have probably 2 more rings under competent coaching? People who don't know Garrett personally costs us at least 2 games per season by bad clock management alone? My guess is that it wouldn't take those teams a decade to find out.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Some of y'all have no clue at all. Jerry is absolutely right that Garret would get HC offers immediately. I've been saying this for years because I believe it.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Are there really people in the NFL who don't understand everything we've won under Garrett was solely based on the talent of the players, people who don't realize we would have probably 2 more rings under competent coaching? People who don't know Garrett personally costs us at least 2 games per season by bad clock management alone? My guess is that it wouldn't take those teams a decade to find out.
Trying to figure out whether this is serious. Fans are terrible evaluators when the coach get's all the blame and none of the credit. Lose all credibility when people sat things like this.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To be fair, look at the guys who got hired? Little to no experience. If that was the competition its possible.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Trying to figure out whether this is serious. Fans are terrible evaluators when the coach get's all the blame and none of the credit. Lose all credibility when people sat things like this.

Lol...awww, darn, I lost all credibility to you. I'm crushed. I was going to tell you if this was serious, but I'll just keep you in suspense.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Ask yourself this: how many trade offers do you think Jerry Jones has received for Garrett in the past?

The answer is a resounding zero. At least teams are rumored to be interested in John Harbaugh. I have yet to see any rumor of any team interested in Garret for a trade.

slick325

Reaction score
Is it that farfetched to think the Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Cardinals, and Broncos may have hired Garrett? The Browns and Bucs would have probably interviewed him as well.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I figured that out. I'll keep you in suspense about which person I chose!
One of us also is a high level executive, graduated from a top 10 university with a terminal degree, argues for a living, and makes a lot of money. I will let you figure that one out too.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
One of us also is a high level executive, graduated from a top 10 university with a terminal degree, argues for a living, and makes a lot of money. I will let you figure that one out too.

And that means you can't be a fool? Oh, wait...I think you were aiming to make me impressed. WOW!!! I'm super impressed that you are rich. I work in a psych ward, so I'm used to conversations like this.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When discussing Garrett's desirability to other teams, you have to take three things into consideration. 1) the conditions he works under and these other owners and GMs know just how hands on Booger is, 2) the rookie season of a 4th round 3rd string QB was unlike any other in history and 3) his offenses, until just recently, have always carried the team and that is the number 1 desirable attribute of these new coaches. That's why AZ hired a HC with 0 NFL experience.

One owner's trash is another's treasure and Garrett would easily land another HC job. Look at Norv Turner and the other coaches that keep recycling. Garrett's players like him and he's a damned good interviewee, he knows all the right things to say and has the sideline demeanor that a lot of owners like.

I am not surprised Booger has kept him but I am surprised he has stayed. Got to be a stressful situation at times, like yesterday. But I think the reason he is there and has stayed is that he genuinely cares for Booger and his family. He connected with them as a player and had more in common than just football and has been loyal to Booger and shows him respect, which are prized traits to Booger, unlike what he experienced with Jimmy.

droopdog7

Reaction score
And that means you can't be a fool? Oh, wait...I think you were aiming to make me impressed. WOW!!! I'm super impressed that you are rich. I work in a psych ward, so I'm used to conversations like this.
No, what makes you a fool is that you cannot separate your emotions from your cognition. In our mind Garrett gets only blame and no credit. Or, perhaps in your world, that makes sense?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
No, what makes you a fool is that you cannot separate your emotions from your cognition. In our mind Garrett gets only blame and no credit. Or, perhaps in your world, that makes sense?

So, in your world, what credit does Garrett get, credit that warrants a decade of his reign? And by the way, before you try to tout how smart you are to people, and proclaim how foolish others are, you might want to double check your spelling of simple words, like "say". Just saying.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that fans seem to think they know better than GMs, owners, ex players and league insiders about JG's job prospects if him and the Cowboys decided to part ways. Not defending Garrett at all, just saying. Y'all crack me up.