Video: Rapoport w Shan & RJ: Cowboys had Parsons above CBs

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This isn’t rocket science.

The Cowboys have serious talent deficiencies across the board defensively. Unless a “generational” offensive talent such as Pitts dropped the pick was always going to be defense.

Rashawn Slater doesn’t move the needle for this team. We’re still trying to figure out what we have in McGovern, and it was reported the team viewed Slater as an OG.

It came down to Surtain, Horn or Parsons. I think the team preferred Horn over Surtain. It didn’t matter as both corners went off the board. Parsons was the easy choice.

I like Zaven Collins more than most, but I go Parsons over him all day everyday. The one player I would have personally considered over Parsons at #12 was Jalen Phillips.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whos better? At this point? lol from a physical standpoint.
I mean I don't know honestly I haven't even seen him play in the pros but I mean we do have a few guys over there who at some point played at a high level.....and hell even Diggs can make the claim he may be the best player on defense.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
That’s why I don’t believe the **** they tell us. Jerry is still a salesman.

Yup. Doesn't matter who we pick, Jerry would still claim they had that player ranked above everyone who went before.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Even if Parsons was the player Dallas wanted all along you can't believe Jerry - every year we get the player he wanted all along or couldn't believe was there. Master spinster.

jnday

Reaction score
They still took a gamble to trade back behind the Giants. Someone could have traded up to take Parsons.
The Giants needed a LB, but I have read that they never really wanted Parsons because if his diva attitude and character concerns. Parsons kind of blew it in the interviews with Giants coaches. I really don’t think there was too many teams willing to trade up for Parsons.

jnday

Reaction score
Even if Parsons was the player Dallas wanted all along you can't believe Jerry - every year we get the player he wanted all along or couldn't believe was there. Master spinster.
I think Ozzy Newsome stroked Jerry’s ego every year when he would call Jerry and tell him that the Cowboys drafted the player that the Ravens wanted. I bet the whole Raven’s staff was laughing their ***** off.